The Onigami House [NaNo2012][GxB][Mystery][On Hiatus]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

The Onigami House [NaNo2012][GxB][Mystery][On Hiatus]

#1 Post by Kitten the Cat »

EDIT: We are really sorry to keep you waiting for this game. Things are just going really slowly, but we do still work on this from time to time. If you want more updates, follow us on Twitter :) Thank you!

Thanks for your patience ^^ The Onigami House v0.1 is now up for download!

The Onigami House
“I’m not afraid to know the truth.”

Kyoko’s father has gone missing and she receives a mysterious letter from the master of the Onigami House, where her father last worked. What secrets will she uncover when she answers the request?

--
Credits

Ki*Ri*Me
Kitten the Cat - Concept, Story, Design, UI, Programming
Riisha - Story, Design, CG Art, Sprite Art
Melpomene Melancholica - Story, Design

Just making it clear:

Sprites made by Tokudaya
Background Art made by QQQnoQnoQ and Westside
Music made by TAM Music
Sounds from Freesound

--
Download!

MAC:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nym8s6z2aldd33b
LINUX:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y1eimrvmmm1od24
WINDOWS:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q32oqe48am84ue5

--

Currently what we have available is the Prologue and Chapter 1. So there is no ending yet ^^;;

Please let me know if you encounter issues when playing the game.
Last edited by Kitten the Cat on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

Re: The Onigami House [NaNoRenO 2012, Otome] [Demo]

#2 Post by distorsion »

SO GOOD!
It was so much fun, especially seeing all of the different conversations you could have based on your prologue choices.
Can't wait for the full version!
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#3 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Thank you!! It's been a blast, joining NaNoRenO and making our first VN ^^

We wanted to release the full game by July, but at the rate we're going, I can't give a definite date... =( Had to pull a lot of all-nighters just to finish the demo this month.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#4 Post by distorsion »

Ah, I didn't mean to pressure you or anything! Don't overwork yourself, ok? ^-^

Sasuya
Regular

#5 Post by Sasuya »

This was really great! Awesome job on your first VN! It's hard for me to sit still through tons of text. I'm glad you put a bunch of choices in there to keep me occupied. Although the story was great, I would have played through it regardless. I loved the visuals, and I was able to like the characters a lot. I'm a sucker for otome games and cool pretty boys. This was a great game =) I can't wait for the rest to come out!

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#6 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Thanks Sasuya! We will try to work on the game as much as we can in our spare time, eheh... Day jobs getting in the way...

The choices in the prologue actually determine the personality of Kyoko. :)

May I ask which character you liked the best?

Thanks again!

Sochie

#7 Post by Sochie »

The plot is great, the art is great, the background music is great -- haha everything is great! :)
Keep up the good work ^^ ♥ Oh, and i'd have to say that Ryuu is my favorite character. I got thing for serious dudes :P

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#8 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Thank you Sochie! =)

As the creator I can't be biased with the guys, but I do have a soft spot for Ryuu myself. XD He's serious but you'll find that he has some quirks ^^

Melinoe
Regular

#9 Post by Melinoe »

Asuka needs a thousand hugs... :D She's my favorite character by far... Though the characters are all positively awesome. Kyoko's great protagonist. I like having a protagonist with an actual personality, instead of one who's like, "I'm happy all the time and love life and am unrealistically nice!"

And I love Gen and Minoru! Gen the most because he's so pretty I have a thing for tsunderes... Unless he actually isn't a tsundere... In which case, I have a thing for jerks. That's not good.

I like Minoru because he's such a good guy... Okay, so apparently, I like jerks and good guys. Great. Now I sound easy. Which I am if the guy is pretty...

And, in case you already realize, the art is to die for.

Also, it's an interesting premise. I'm wondering what the plot is going to be. With the ending of Chapter 1, I'm guessing it's not a slice-of-life kind of thing. Do you have an estimate for how many chapters you'll make? Just a question.

This game is positively fantastic. Well, the demo is. Can't wait till it comes out!
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#10 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Melinoe, thank you so much for the wonderful comment ^___^
Melinoe wrote:Asuka needs a thousand hugs... :D She's my favorite character by far... Though the characters are all positively awesome. Kyoko's great protagonist. I like having a protagonist with an actual personality, instead of one who's like, "I'm happy all the time and love life and am unrealistically nice!"
Yes, Asuka is adorable isn't she? I really loved scripting her part, it was just so fun ^^ The funny thing is there wasn't really supposed to be a character for her, Riisha just name-dropped her in the introduction, and then we realised that it would be good for Kyoko to have a female friend in the story (so that she wouldn't just be surrounded by guys... not that it's a bad thing...)
Melinoe wrote:And I love Gen and Minoru! Gen the most because he's so pretty I have a thing for tsunderes... Unless he actually isn't a tsundere... In which case, I have a thing for jerks. That's not good.

I like Minoru because he's such a good guy... Okay, so apparently, I like jerks and good guys. Great. Now I sound easy. Which I am if the guy is pretty...
Oh don't worry I'm also very susceptible to pretty guys -_-; Haha yeah I didn't realise how pretty Gen was until Riisha drew him in a CG and I went "Wow he's prettier than Kyoko." Gen is a jerk, yes. Sometimes I want to smack him for the things he says to Kyoko XD As for Minoru, he is that friendly guy that makes you feel comfortable... but there's more to him that meets the eye...
Melinoe wrote:And, in case you already realize, the art is to die for.
Thank you! I kinda feel guilty about this though since the sprites and the backgrounds were done by other people. I know a lot of people who joined NaNoRenO made their game art themselves. As for me, I just wanted to start making the actual game and not worry about the art. This way we were able to focus on the plot, the story, and the characterisation.
Melinoe wrote:Also, it's an interesting premise. I'm wondering what the plot is going to be. With the ending of Chapter 1, I'm guessing it's not a slice-of-life kind of thing. Do you have an estimate for how many chapters you'll make? Just a question.
Definitely not slice-of-life ^^; Would probably classify it as mystery. Something mysterious going on in the Onigami House... that's all I can say :D Chapters, umm... we've got a very rough draft up to Chapter 3, and extremely rough overview of the story up to the multiple endings... I think it's up to Chapter 10...
Melinoe wrote:This game is positively fantastic. Well, the demo is. Can't wait till it comes out!
Thank you so much for the encouragement, we will do our best to finish the game ASAP! ^_^

Mini_Moshi
Regular

Re: The Onigami House [NaNoRenO 2012][GxB][Mystery]

#11 Post by Mini_Moshi »

This game is fantastic! There is definitely something going on in the Onigami house and I'm dying to find out XD!

Beautiful artwork and you really managed to bring a mysterious, slightly creepy vibe into the game.

Seven
Regular

#12 Post by Seven »

I really love this game! Gen is my type, he is so tsun
I laugh when he say that "...that's for calling me rude and uncute." XD
Can't wait for the full game !

distorsion
Regular

#13 Post by distorsion »

Gen is a jerk, yes. Sometimes I want to smack him for the things he says to Kyoko XD
Lol. ^__^
Gen may be a jerk, but I think he's also the most fun to interact with, especially given the character dynamic between him and (the 'confident version' of) Kyoko. So for me, it's the teasing back and forth between the two of them, far more than his good looks, that made me love that smart-ass kappa. *grins*
I also look forward to him (hopefully) developing a hidden soft spot as the game progresses.
As for Minoru, he is that friendly guy that makes you feel comfortable... but there's more to him that meets the eye...
Yeah, I get a sort of 'Wolf in Sheep's Clothing' vibe from him... He's my second favorite, I find his frequent over-the-top flirting to be hilarious.

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#14 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Thank you Mini_Moshi and Seven for the kind comments :D

So many Gen fans here! Distorsion, I'm glad you noticed the banter between Confident!Kyoko and Gen ^^; He's pretty mean to the other personalities, yeah?

And oh, sometimes even I get creeped out by Minoru ^^;; Ahahaha~

ixWishing
Veteran

#15 Post by ixWishing »

Hmmm .
This VN kinda reminds me of Hakuouki.
The story plot is somewhat similar xP .

Anyways, the Demo is pretty nice, I love the Sprites, they're so pretty ~
Congrats on the Demo release!
- Everlasting Dreams ;