The Onigami House [NaNo2012][GxB][Mystery][On Hiatus]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

Re: The Onigami House [NaNoRenO 2012][GxB][Mystery]

#31 Post by Kitten the Cat »

So sorry for being out of commission for so long @_@;;

@Nebty: Cue-san is right, the sprites look the same because they're free sprites from the same artist, Tokudaya :) And Asuka and Kendall are the same sprite.

@Veniae: Thank you! No, it's not going to be commercial... as much as we want to make money out of our time spent developing this game, we don't feel comfortable selling it as we've used free sprites ^^ It was only meant to be an experiment, an entry to NaNoRenO, but for some reason the scope of the game exploded O_o;

Thank you so much for the generous and kind comments... We've updated our blog to let you know that the full release of the game is not anytime soon... but we are working on it now that we've survived some RL stuff ^^;
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

Onionchan

#32 Post by Onionchan »

I played the demo today, and I am quite impressed with the work you've done on the game so far ^_^ I love the air of mystery in the game, and I'm so excited to learn what the "dark secret" is of Onigami House. Like someone else said, it does strongly resemble Hakuouki (which I absolutely love) and I'm curious to see how your story differs from it. I'm part of the bandwagon on this one, since my favourite characters so far are Gen and Ryuunosuke. Gen is just adorable and handsome in your typical tsundere kind of way, and Ryuunosuke just has that strong air of nobility.

I really like the music and sound effects throughout the game so far, the tracks are great and really create that atmosphere of mystery. The BGs are amazing and I found myself more often than not admiring them. I do have to say I was not as much of a fan of the CG in the game, since I felt the proportions were a little off, in comparison to the sprites ^_^"

I look forward to see your progress on the game, and good luck! :D

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#33 Post by MioSegami »

Playing the demo right now, I'll give you the thoughts later ;)! Seems interesting so far though!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#34 Post by MioSegami »

Alright I finished the demo! It was soo interesting! I loved that it had a good amount of choices! Gen is my favorite character! He is sooooo cute! Ah!! *fan girling!* XD! But I hated the ending! (not in the bad way, in a good way) It's such a big cliff hanger, I wanted to know what's going to happen next, and it kills me ;~;!!!! It makes me feel impatient...but that's a good thing right??? xD lol. The character are cute....but...The characters remind me a lot of the characters from "Don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story." Is it like re-used sprites that are just touched up? XDD Cause they're sooo similar! AHH over all I love it! And My second fav. has to be Master Ryuunosuke! <3! I don't really have much criticism to make......because...once I'm in love it's hard to find something to hate about it....except for the fact that it wasn't longerrrrr T^T;
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

AERenoir
Veteran

#35 Post by AERenoir »

If you don't mind me asking, did you buy the Background CG art? Or were those freeware material? Because I totally cannot navigate the site you linked :oops: Those were beautiful backgrounds and I want to know if I have to dish out cash for them or not :P

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#36 Post by Kitten the Cat »

AERenoir wrote:If you don't mind me asking, did you buy the Background CG art? Or were those freeware material? Because I totally cannot navigate the site you linked :oops: Those were beautiful backgrounds and I want to know if I have to dish out cash for them or not :P
Yes, the backgrounds are not free and they're actually a bit expensive once you've bought a ton of them O_O;;

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by philip »

Golly, it has been over a year since the last post here by the author. I do hope that this project has not been abandoned; I was looking forward to seeing more of it.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#38 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Hey sorry :) It's not abandoned, just... going really slowly. We kinda bit off more than we can chew with all that we've planned for the game.

Also, we're doing another game for NaNoRenO 2014, using much of what we've learned while working on this one.

Rest assured, we are still working on this... we just can't give an exact date.

Thanks for waiting!

xSilverDoll
IRC Nick: RosaHiru
Deviantart: RosaHiru

Re: The Onigami House [NaNo2012][GxB][Mystery][On Hiatus]

#39 Post by xSilverDoll »

Ah, I was so happy to find a visual novel as such. It has a good plot (even if I only experienced a bit of it), even though finding information is a bit tedious I must say that it is worth it. I am definitely enjoying the story so far, but that cliffhanger at the end of the demo caught me completely off guard. Not to mention, I was shrieking at the fact it was already over-- I hope I don't see rushing, but I can't wait for the full game to come out!

CatyCats
Regular

Re: The Onigami House [NaNo2012][GxB][Mystery][On Hiatus]

#40 Post by CatyCats »

I've played this game a long time ago and I still really like it. I wonder how long the Hiatus will be?