Bionic Heart android

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Bionic Heart android

#1 Post by jack_norton »

The demo:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cheartdemo

I had to enlarge quite a bit the buttons! Apart that the game seems to run fine on my tablet. Not sure if can be played on a phone though... :mrgreen:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

Re: Bionic Heart android

#2 Post by Raindrops »

Works on my Samsung Galaxy SII, though the text is a bit difficult to read at times. Other than that it's playable and everything works :)
TOPofBB
All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.
- Andre Breton

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#3 Post by netravelr »

I was really looking forward to this... then I saw the $10 price tag. I really liked Bionic Heart, but I don't know if I can buy it twice at that price. Just wondering why since both Heileen and Bionic Heart are $20 on PC why they aren't the same price on Android. I'd totally get it at $5. :-P
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by jack_norton »

Haha well they're "expensive" for the android market, but right now I'm kind of testing the waters to see what works. I think eventually might rise the price again, since I sell flower shop on iOS for $9.99 - 14.99 since VNs are a megatiny niche and don't need to follow the "$0.99 rule".

A "problem" of the Android is that there isn't the separation of devices like on iOS: iphone / ipad. On itunes is normal to ask more for the iPad version since is bigger, has better art, etc. On android you don't know which device users will play with (phone/tablet/etc), and I don't want to make a version with lower resolution for the phones only (wouldn't be worth my time).

Anyway, I just lowered BH price to be same amount of Heileen and see how it goes :mrgreen:
computer games

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey

#5 Post by netravelr »

It may just be my computer, but I haven't seen the price change happen just yet, but when it does I'll totally get it. :-) Any chance of seeing Bionic Heart 2 coming out on Android at the same time as PC or a bundle kit? Oh! That'd be so cool. Buy the game at full price, pay $5 more to get the .apk file... I'd go for it.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by jack_norton »

Strange, I now see it in developer panel at same price of Heileen. There's currency conversion though, so not sure what price you see depending on your location. Anyway, is same price as Heileeen now :)

About BH2 contemporary on Android I don't think will do that, since my primary focus is still desktop. I mean could do the BH2 port but some months later, but I like the idea of buying as some sort of add-on for those who have already the desktop game :)
computer games

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by netravelr »

You know, a "solution" for the piracy problem could be to have the app be free, but then have an in-app purchase to get the full version. That way, even those that "pirate" the game would still have to buy the add on. Granted, I know Ren'Py doesn't allow it just yet by itself, but it can't be too hard to put in and in that case you can just flip a bool or something and the full game is completed; or you could always have it work into your current system for PC games and have them register on your site. I don't know, but I bought full games like that before... by the way, purchased!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by jack_norton »

Yes, I know about IAP, actually I think with a virtual keyboard I could even use my online activation, since the http python libraries seems to work. It's just that right now Android isn't my priority, but once have more time will look into it again.
I am having fun porting/playing the old games on it though. Playing them on the tablet is cool, especially to show off to relatives/friends when you visit them 8)
computer games