Touhou Mecha Database

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Graph
Veteran
Completed: Touhou Mecha Chap. 1
Projects: Touhou Mecha, Eastern Starlight Romance
Organization: Dai-Sukima Dan

Touhou Mecha Database

#1 Post by Graph »

This is a test for a new feature of Touhou Mecha, the TM database. It's the Touhou Mecha Database, which contains information on the various mecha, characters and terminology that appear in the story. This prototype only contains what's necessary to make the TM Database work. If you try to play the main story, it won't work because I've removed a lot of images and sound to cut the filesize.

Windows download (15.1 MB)

All platform download (26.1 MB)

More info on the game can be found at the WIP topic, or at the DSD blog.

For those of you who want to try, please click "Extras" from the main menu...

Then click "TM Database".

It's a fair bit of info to digest, at about 6000 words for the whole database. (That's longer than the first Chapter!) I'd like some feedback on the interface, particularly how easy it is to navigate and how easy it is to digest the info the way it's presented. Also, if you've played the main game, is there anything mentioned here that would've been helpful to understand what's going on in Chapter 1?

A Youtube preview of the Database is here, as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcM2C1rBmuE

manco7
Regular

Re: Touhou Mecha Database

#2 Post by manco7 »

I haven't played your game, but as far as the GUI goes it looks nice and user-friendly. It's not hard on the eyes and it's not too much information either. I would suggest bolding the different parts of your text like armament, affiliations, so people can see where the information starts and where it ends.

Perhaps using a light green or blue when emphasizing those so they will instantly pop-up from that white block, it's useful when people only want to read a specific bit of information instead of skimming the whole thing to find what they are looking for.

I hope it helps.

Graph
Veteran
Completed: Touhou Mecha Chap. 1
Projects: Touhou Mecha, Eastern Starlight Romance
Organization: Dai-Sukima Dan

Re: Touhou Mecha Database

#3 Post by Graph »

Thanks for the feedback! I think that would help organize the text, indeed. I'll try it for the next release.