[Adventure] Time Stones Demo (Not currently available)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Adventure] The Time Stones (Still want critique!)

#16 Post by 15385bic »

Just played the demo. Thought the dialogue was pretty good and it seemed to flow quite well from character prologue to story. Looks like someone is plotting the whole thing so am interested in seeing what happens next, since i seem to keep getting knocked out. (great way of ending the demo LOL)

Something cut off when i chose to drink the water at the lake - but seemed to continue when i chose the other option (i figure because its a demo, that section was not complete?)

there was a wide range of poses and expression which i though really suited the current situation.

the art style? well - i dont seem to mind the simple basic colouring etc. May want to make the lines a bit smoother though on some of the sprites. Might make them that little bit more appealing ;D

there were a LOT of choices, which make me wonder how long this game really is and how many pathways, do they loop towards certain set endings?

Good luck on your game guys~

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#17 Post by Gear »

Unconsciousness is a good way to end things, I guess. XD

I'm not sure why that would have cut off. That route is
supposed to be a game over
, so I'm lost on that one. I'll have to double check that.

Thanks for the word on the art. I am working to improve the sprites' quality, but I lack artistic skill, so I'm working solely off creative corner-cutting here. XD

There are a lot of branches, and the game will be 30 chapters long (you played 2 chapters plus the prologue). Ultimately, there are to be 12 good endings, partially based on path, partially based on hidden point scores. We try to keep the looping to a minimum so there's always a unique experience.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#18 Post by KittyKatStar »

Okay, just know I am *terrible* with providing feedback, giving opinions, critiques so um.. But I'll try because I really like the demo. ^_^;;

Spoilers ahead, since there's other people playing the demo I'll try to hide them.

First off - Love the characters. All of them. Even the most difficult characters. ;) They're fun, all the dialogue is unique to them, there were so many "oh that's clever" and chuckling moments. I was originally gonna take a snapshot of all the parts I liked, buuuut then I was taking too many. >_> But just know the whole
3 people standing around watching whether Damian will die from the meat
had me laughing.

And not just that, they bounce off each other, they seem capable in different departments, etc. A very fun and fleshed-out cast. Had fun going through each prologue, and learning a bit about them.

I really like how you can get opinions from other team members so you can make the best decisions to do something stupid and get yourself killed or someone else, go me.

There's two errors that I found. I'm playing the mac version.

Nothing much, just know that I'm looking forward to the full version. ^^
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 6.44.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 6.56.00 PM.png

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Gear »

Ah, the characters are our pride and joy. It's always elating to hear that someone else loves them (nearly) as much as we do. XD We worked pretty hard to ensure each of the characters had a different 'voice' in a sense. We wanted to make sure they could be identified even if you couldn't see their sprite and name.

Thanks for uploading those errors, I'll get with one of our programmers and see if they know what's going on with it.

Thanks for the review, it was very helpful!
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Merqurial
Projects: The Time Stones

#20 Post by Merqurial »

We just love some of them more than others.

...totally never entertained ideas of killing any of them.... just sayin'. :lol:

CtrlAltLee
Regular
Completed: Pizza Ditza, Som'thin' Short
Projects: The Despots Daughter
Organization: Nerd Eden Studios

#21 Post by CtrlAltLee »

Just started downloading, 1 hour left. Will post probably this evening about it.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Gear »

An hour?! Wow.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#23 Post by Obscura »

Just popping in to say I'm not going to be able to get to this until my demo's out, but your cel shading looks great. I thought almost you had gotten another artist at first!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Gear »

Thanks! I've kinda amazed myself a little, actually. I have a good teacher.

CosmicKitty
Regular
Projects: Patchwork Battles, Time Stones

#25 Post by CosmicKitty »

I've heard she's wonderful ;) They are getting a million times better.
Completed Games:
Holiday Hijinks: House on Haunted Hill
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=17849

The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done,
we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change.
So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger,
but in wisdom, understanding and love.
Jennifer Edwards