DUÆL [BxB, RPG/VN, Scifi/Fantasy] Beta testers needed!

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Mole-chan
Veteran
Completed: DUAEL, Escape from Puzzlegate
Projects: A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings
Deviantart: mole-chan
itch: moleworks

DUÆL [BxB, RPG/VN, Scifi/Fantasy] Beta testers needed!

#1 Post by Mole-chan »

Hello!
I need some players who would be willing to test DUÆL. Here is it's wip page, if you want more information.

Anything is greatly appreciated. Even just confirming to me that it runs without issue.
I'm mainly concerned about any balance issues in the RPG portion. This is my first time dabbling in those waters, so that concerns me.

One thing to note is that the beta is not voiced. I ran into scheduling issues with Cadfael's VA. We are getting them sorted out, but waiting until he finished to release the game would result in an overly-long waiting period. The intent is to patch the voices in when they're complete.

Here are the links, thank you!
Windows
Mac
Linux
All

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

Re: DUÆL [BxB, RPG/VN, Scifi/Fantasy] Beta testers needed!

#2 Post by NatsukiDeath »

As of now Chapter 3 on the Mac it has worked perfect for me.

For what RPG is in the game it's has worked well and allowed me enough to do. Nothing has been mundane about it the game, and I feel it won't do that.
When Walter is presented with the choice to stay put or go down to where Cadfael is bathing, it kind of feels random or jut not usefully to do. I don't know what is the purpose to it but I guess I'll find out or look back on today.
Other than that I have only praise for you and this exciting game~

Mole-chan
Veteran
Completed: DUAEL, Escape from Puzzlegate
Projects: A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings
Deviantart: mole-chan
itch: moleworks

Re: DUÆL [BxB, RPG/VN, Scifi/Fantasy] Beta testers needed!

#3 Post by Mole-chan »

NatsukiDeath wrote:As of now Chapter 3 on the Mac it has worked perfect for me.

For what RPG is in the game it's has worked well and allowed me enough to do. Nothing has been mundane about it the game, and I feel it won't do that.
When Walter is presented with the choice to stay put or go down to where Cadfael is bathing, it kind of feels random or jut not usefully to do. I don't know what is the purpose to it but I guess I'll find out or look back on today.
Other than that I have only praise for you and this exciting game~
Thank you very much *V* I'm glad it's working well for you.
As for that, it's basically a counterbalance. Up to this point, there have been no ways to lower Cadfael's friendship score. While it can be lowered in battle, it's not by much. Having a way to break his trust is necessary to allow the players to obtain the bad ending, for completion. So yes, if you're trying to obtain a good ending, it's not useful. Because that wasn't really the point.
;v; I'm glad you like it otherwise