Dizzy Hearts the Demo

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Taosym
Veteran
Projects: http://lupiesoft.com/
Organization: Lupiesoft

Dizzy Hearts the Demo

#1 Post by Taosym »

This page is just for the demo of Dizzy Hearts. The main page is here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=17070
After a lot of hard work with editing, drawing, scripting. I'm putting out the demo for Dizzy Hearts.

The last beta test 1.03 was downloaded nearly 700 times. Since then I've added missing/incomplete BGs, updated the menu screen, added the edited script, added the new expressions/pose changes, fixed some of music looping problems and more. This is as close to a clear representation of my plans for Dizzy Hearts going into the full version.

I must say though there were times where I felt I would never realize this game. The response hasn't always been so favorable in the past, and many people had reacted negatively to the game without finding more about it.

To me, It's liberating to have people compliment my writing, and while I did so out of emergency, I was apprehensive about it. Having dyslexia, I was never a good writer, and this made my ability to learn grammar and even to read and write stagnate. It was part why I turned to drawing in the first place, I felt that I never would have the ability to realize my fantasies otherwise.

These last few weeks I've been riding a wave of happiness from the outpouring of critique, comments and response my game has generated. From those who would never pick up a game like this and liking it. And also those who do like futanari really appreciating my unique approach to the theme as something that seriously attempts to balance a good story with erotica and sex.

However there are still more things I want in this part of the overall game, including this demo. Currently the script is planned around 90k words. This is just purely for the sake of us being able to complete it on our own.

Ideally we would like much more music, sprite outfits and poses, more CGs, BGs, expressions, etc. However we must be reasonable and do what we feel we can accomplish now.

That said, the final thing I'd like to say is that the completed DH game will be distributed in two parts. One with adult content, and one with hidden adult content. However this has the flaw of removing some of the necessary story (because the game is designed with the adult theme in mind. It is relevant to the characters and their secrets, and their stories.) however I feel it is needed to put it on sites that don't allow adult material.

Think of it like the different versions of Type-Moon games or other PC/Console Visual Novels that have had to do the same. Though Dizzy Hearts will not have any mollusk references.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k8b0628zi5hdoo6

Not to keep you waiting forever, please download the Demo now and let me know what you think!

Puchin
Regular

Re: Dizzy Hearts the Demo

#2 Post by Puchin »

Hey, it looks FABULOUS. Does it run on Mac? This demo is the one with sexual content or the one censored?

The art looks pretty amazing and the idea is captivating me... I really really want to give it a try.

Taosym
Veteran

#3 Post by Taosym »

Puchin wrote:Hey, it looks FABULOUS. Does it run on Mac? This demo is the one with sexual content or the one censored?

The art looks pretty amazing and the idea is captivating me... I really really want to give it a try.
This version has adult themes but no adult content. I believe it works on mac (Ren'py automatically compiles MAC/Linux/PC versions I believe)

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#4 Post by pwisaguacate »

Hmm, I didn't notice this old thread due to the lack of replies. *downloading*

Also, your old blog links redirect to the new site, which is still under construction.

Taosym
Veteran

#5 Post by Taosym »

pwisaguacate wrote:Hmm, I didn't notice this old thread due to the lack of replies. *downloading*

Also, your old blog links redirect to the new site, which is still under construction.
Lupiesoft.com is still under construction, but the comments and forums are all up and running. The information about the universe, geography, etc are all being refined to put on the new site :)

Puchin
Regular

#6 Post by Puchin »

Well, I enjoyed that, certainly!
At the beggining I thought it was pretty slow, but then it started getting better.

I don't really know what kind of chart do you guys use for review, so I'm going to do it my way.
Review:

The background were so beautiful. I felt like I wanted to see more and more of them, since the "black screen" makes it difficult to feel like you are inside the story. I personally preffer more art and less description, but I understand it takes a lot of time to draw those, so it's okay.
The characters were beautiful. I like their poses, how they are colored, etc. The art style made me feel like "I want to touch them. They look so smooth and fluffy".
The music was good. I'm not really someone who loves music, but it was good. On the other hand, I usually suffer from migraine headaches, and the music, the one when you first get to see the elves city more than the others, was a bit painfull. - I don't really know if this just happens to me, but I thought it was something that might benecessary to report.
The story - I think it's going to be awesome and enjoyable. But the demo ended suddenly when we were getting to the real plot and I- I thing I shouted. Something like "Noooooot noooooooow!!" I want to play more. I really do.

I feel like giving it a 9 out of 10, right now, but that sudden end was really annoying so it's going to be 8,5/10!

Some extra opinion: Making two versions, the adult one and the censored one looks like wasted time for me. My opinion is: If you play this game, knowing what is it about, you already accepted it's adults contents the moment you start reading. Making a non-adult content version may be good, but the story is not going to change, only to be "reduced" on some parts. Those people who would be disgusted by reading/watching the adult themes, would still feel the same while reading about Fiores and harem wives and stuff.
If you are not going to include super hard core sex scenes which can break even adult minds, I don't thing there a real necessity of making two versions.
I know making this games takes lots of time. Making it twice should be really hard. Also, I, as an artist, feel bad when some other artist has to censore his/her job. It's your game, you created it the way you wanted it to be. Don't modify it just because there's some close minded people saying shit about +18 games.

Aaaaaand, that's my opinion. I don't know if it helped or not, but it was fun for me. I want to play the complete game so badly now...

Taosym
Veteran

#7 Post by Taosym »

Puchin wrote:Well, I enjoyed that, certainly!
At the beggining I thought it was pretty slow, but then it started getting better.

I don't really know what kind of chart do you guys use for review, so I'm going to do it my way.
Review:

The background were so beautiful. I felt like I wanted to see more and more of them, since the "black screen" makes it difficult to feel like you are inside the story. I personally preffer more art and less description, but I understand it takes a lot of time to draw those, so it's okay.
The characters were beautiful. I like their poses, how they are colored, etc. The art style made me feel like "I want to touch them. They look so smooth and fluffy".
The music was good. I'm not really someone who loves music, but it was good. On the other hand, I usually suffer from migraine headaches, and the music, the one when you first get to see the elves city more than the others, was a bit painfull. - I don't really know if this just happens to me, but I thought it was something that might benecessary to report.
The story - I think it's going to be awesome and enjoyable. But the demo ended suddenly when we were getting to the real plot and I- I thing I shouted. Something like "Noooooot noooooooow!!" I want to play more. I really do.

I feel like giving it a 9 out of 10, right now, but that sudden end was really annoying so it's going to be 8,5/10!

Some extra opinion: Making two versions, the adult one and the censored one looks like wasted time for me. My opinion is: If you play this game, knowing what is it about, you already accepted it's adults contents the moment you start reading. Making a non-adult content version may be good, but the story is not going to change, only to be "reduced" on some parts. Those people who would be disgusted by reading/watching the adult themes, would still feel the same while reading about Fiores and harem wives and stuff.
If you are not going to include super hard core sex scenes which can break even adult minds, I don't thing there a real necessity of making two versions.
I know making this games takes lots of time. Making it twice should be really hard. Also, I, as an artist, feel bad when some other artist has to censore his/her job. It's your game, you created it the way you wanted it to be. Don't modify it just because there's some close minded people saying shit about +18 games.

Aaaaaand, that's my opinion. I don't know if it helped or not, but it was fun for me. I want to play the complete game so badly now...
Haha, well. I pretty much agree with everything you said there. I was hoping the sudden ending would be more of a cliffhanger, and I'm glad so many people have told me they wanted it to keep going, but that I also cut it too early. I think it reminds me too keep going so I can release the game quickly for those who are waiting for it.

I'm glad you like the BGs, and I plan to have more art, rather than black screens, but you're right, each background takes a mighty long time to draw.

I'm thinking about the future and such and trying to wonder what I should do regarding the mature content and the main game. The goal was to make it both mature and erotic, to portray things either romantically or sexually in a serious way, or in a not pointless, sex for sex sake way.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by philip »

Over a year has passed since the last post by Taosym. Any progress to report? I enjoyed the demo very much and have been looking forward to getting the completed game.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Mistik
Regular

#9 Post by Mistik »

Ooh I always had the inner conflict on eroge in visual novels. Like when I played, Wind Breath of Heart. I had eroge on, but got turned off when a particular sex scene felt very unfitting for what just happened in the plot. I actually felt most of the sex scenes felt tacked on. When I played Tsukihime I had eroge turned off, but eventually turned it on because it felt part of the game, it being a vampire tale in all.

I think for me story is king. Anyway I look forward to Dizzy Hearts

Taosym
Veteran

#10 Post by Taosym »

Mistik wrote:Ooh I always had the inner conflict on eroge in visual novels. Like when I played, Wind Breath of Heart. I had eroge on, but got turned off when a particular sex scene felt very unfitting for what just happened in the plot. I actually felt most of the sex scenes felt tacked on. When I played Tsukihime I had eroge turned off, but eventually turned it on because it felt part of the game, it being a vampire tale in all.

I think for me story is king. Anyway I look forward to Dizzy Hearts
Part of it is because it's tacked on? It's important to have the sex be a part of the narrative, that's what we want to do at least.

Here's a new post on DH characters! http://taosym.tumblr.com/post/971976895 ... zzy-hearts