A Short Ghost Story

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: A Short Ghost Story

#16 Post by ebi-hime »

Oh, this was a nice little VN. For such a short story, it was impressive that there was so much art! (I assume that's because it was originally a comic? I read a few more of your comics on your website, too, they were pretty good!)
I really liked the panning effects on the art, and the use of sound effects, especially the keyboard typing. The keyboard typing SFX is really nice and soothing to me for some reason...
And I liked the ability to learn more about the witch at the end, that was fun - and the spoopy effect that went with it haha XD

I think it would be more atmospheric if there was some music, maybe, but overall it was really good!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Goblin Market

#17 Post by Goblin Market »

Thanks for all the kind words. It's good motivation for getting back into VNs.

Yeah, comics have given me a taste for overly elaborate visuals. Getting all the art I want for the next one is going to be a challenge. It wouldn't make a good comic, so I can't cheat by doing it that way first :D

Once I relearn Ren'Py for the new project, I'll see about a revised version of The Witch's Scissors with music and the other improvements mentioned above.

Fantasysci5

#18 Post by Fantasysci5 »

I loved this so much! I gave it a try since I love ghosts, and it didn't disappoint! The graphics are really beautiful, I love the graphic novel style storyboards, and the main character's ease and disbelief with everything. I love the interesting ghost theory, really grabbed me. And not gonna lie, I straight up jumped at the end-end. Lovely job!

CalixtheGreat
Regular
Projects: Zephyr Breeze Investigations
itch: calixthegreat

#19 Post by CalixtheGreat »

Looks cool. Going to try playing this demo next week. :D
FB PAGE:
CALIX THE GREAT

Goblin Market

#20 Post by Goblin Market »

Fantasysci5 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:58 pm I loved this so much! I gave it a try since I love ghosts, and it didn't disappoint! The graphics are really beautiful, I love the graphic novel style storyboards, and the main character's ease and disbelief with everything. I love the interesting ghost theory, really grabbed me. And not gonna lie, I straight up jumped at the end-end. Lovely job!
Thank you! You reminded me how much fun it is to make these things.

I’ll eventually revise this to get in practice for something new. The time (and expense of artwork) is so intimidating I keep putting off new projects, but someday…