Lines of Symmetry: A Demo.

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Harrison Barton
Completed: Lines of Symmetry

Lines of Symmetry: A Demo.

#1 Post by Harrison Barton »

null
Last edited by Harrison Barton on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KiYa

Re: Lines of Symmetry: A Demo.

#2 Post by KiYa »

Ooooh, can't wait to try!
Downloading now, will give my thoughts later. ;)
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

Harrison Barton

#3 Post by Harrison Barton »

Cool, can't wait to hear them! =)

Harrison Barton

#4 Post by Harrison Barton »

Sorry, forgot to include the credits in the actual demo - so I've posted them at the bottom of the original post.

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#5 Post by frederic09 »

very nice demo, i found some typos, and maybe some bugs, i'll test again and send you everything through email.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Harrison Barton

#6 Post by Harrison Barton »

Awesome! Thank you so much! =)

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#7 Post by frederic09 »

The bug wasn't one, so i just sent the 2 "typos" i found, plus a "more detailed" comment of the game ;)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Harrison Barton

#8 Post by Harrison Barton »

Project Update 12/18/13
Hey folks, Harrison here.
As of the last posting made, I have been working on Lines on and off for several months now, and have made enough progress to have something worth talking about. So, without further ado — Lines of Symmetry: Project Update Extraordinaire!
tl;dr : The game is 63% done, I was not in the right mind when I told myself I could finish by Christmas, it will probably be done sometime this Summer.

Story Update

The actual game scenario is coming along very well. Currently, I have finished writing 5/8 of the Game's "Chapters", so we're over the hump now! =)
Writing Lines of Symmetry has been a very fun and interesting challenge for me personally. Despite it being my first Visual Novel, its core mechanic also revolves around the premise that you can view all the events that happen within the game from two different character's viewpoints. The events aren't always parallel either, especially if the two viewpoint characters go down different story paths.

What I'm trying to say is; it ends up being a LOT of writing, but it's all in good fun, and is very rewarding. =)
I have also been implementing the script into the Ren'py engine as I have been writing the scenario, so the fact that I have written 5/8 of the game basically means that the game itself is 63% done, albeit needing some polish after the fact.

New Art!

The wonderful Lindi Harrison returns with some really cool new character sprites, which depict the 6 established characters donning Point Lagrange Prep uniforms!
Because what kind of Visual Novel would this freakin' be if it didn't depict characters in private school uniforms...

...*cough*

Here's a preview:

Soundtrack!

The final game will have a 6-7 track Original soundtrack composed by the awesome Bobbi Miller.
I can objectively say this because I have had no direct part in making it — it's amazing!

I uploaded two tracks to Soundcloud so you can have a listen:
https://soundcloud.com/harrison-barton/ ... st-preview

When will the Game be Released?

I'd like to know the answer myself.

I can promise that I will be working on it full time for the next three weeks, then after that is back to university, so development will be slow again at that point.
Originally in some kind of CRAZY delusional state I told myself I could finish by Christmas, but I can definitely say now that that is not going to happen.
More realistically, the game will be done at the latest by Summer 2014.

Wrap-Up

If anyone reading this is interested in the project and would like to contribute in some way, feel free to let me know as I am always looking to find ways to make the game better.

Things I'd be looking for:

- CG Artist (For in-game stills)
- Promotional Artist (For things like box-art or flavor art)
- A few Beta-testers for bug-crushing and polish for near the end of the project

If you want to contact me, the best way would be by email
spyrosmithy@gmail.com

I have a twitter too if that's your kinda thing.
@spyrosmithy

If for some reason this post looks goofy in your browser, there's a mirror on my personal blog here:
http://harrisonbarton.blogspot.com/

And lastly, If this is your first time reading about the project, I would appreciate it if you gave the demo a shot and let me know what you think!
I'm a game(???) developer(???)