Y;N [Mystery & Psychological Horror, inkl Point&Click]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

Re: Y;N [Mystery & Psychological Horror, inkl Point&Click]

#16 Post by Mirrowdothack »

KiloTango wrote:DOUBLEPOSTIN' FOR ENDINGS
Promise is loads more satisfying on Keith's story. Really looking forward to there being more now, the format is solid and will only get stronger as you improve as a writer.
Congrats ^^
Yeah I think so.
It made him look less ... "evil" ^^
KiloTango wrote:Out of interest, where is the game meant to be set? Yin has a Japanese name, but then Keith is a very western name.
But then he has a Japanese 'real' name...
The location i purely fictive.
In the next part I'm planning to do this city has a placeholder name "Oykot". Well, I have to think about this OTL
There is a big chance that Yin's home locations differs from Keith's. Btw: Only Charon calls him "Kami" which simply come from his name Keith Amon McInnes = K.A.M.I., but she uses it inorder to point out that he might be the creator of the Void^^
KiloTango wrote: Cool, I might not be able to work on it till next month cause I need to get The Lighthouse as done as I can first, but it's good to get more practice (other than a few WIP bits for TK's other VN project, 'echo', The Lighthouse is my first time soundtracking anything properly).
[/spoiler]
That's totally OK. I know how much time it takes to do a VN and music etc.^^
KiloTango wrote: I was chatting to TK as she was playing through and she suggested
It would be really good to have 3 themes (or intensity versions of the themes) for each trial, like in PW, so they can grow in intensity as the trial goes on. I'd like to do that.
That's sounds like an awesome plan to me *thank you TK^^
I totally like this idea^^
And btw. practice makes perfect, and I'm still learning, too^^
KiloTango wrote:I don't want to hold up you releasing the game too much though and I do have to fit this in around my job etc, so how much music I do for it depends on how much you can wait on before you want to get this out there. I could always do it in stages for you
So like, replace a basic loop for trial 2 and 3 first, then if there's time do trios of intensity for all 3 trials, then if there's time do some stuff for any other bits you'd like some replacement music for.
If you want vox on any, let me know as well, especially if you have lyrics you'd like me to work in.
You don't have to worry about that. The only time pressure I had, was to get the beta ready for my master thesis and I turned it in about a month ago. So now I can polish this project without any time pressure^^ There is no release date. The game will be done, when it's done^^

I think working on stages will still be a good idea.
I'm good in creating lyrics, but I need the music first, and if there is a chance to add a voice, if it's suitable, I would totally love this^^ *but I'm a terrible singer XD
Thank you again for the offer^^

* btw you're right about the CIA stuff XD*

-------

I did changes and will test and upload it tomorrow *my head is kinda @@ right now and whenever I did changes in the code I play through the whole game to make sure I haven't "killed" something important XD

changes done:
- changed "eck" into "eek"
- change the "/" into "÷" in both readable text and in the picture
- changed the "I can't negate this" button in "I can't prove this" in the second trial
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#17 Post by KiloTango »

Cool. We should probably take music talk to PMs (or the WIP thread if people are interested process wise), I don't want to clutter up the Beta thread with it too much. :)
ImageImageImage

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#18 Post by Mirrowdothack »

KiloTango wrote:Cool. We should probably take music talk to PMs (or the WIP thread if people are interested process wise), I don't want to clutter up the Beta thread with it too much. :)
sounds like a plan^^
let's move this to the wip thread^^
My games:
Image Image

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#19 Post by Mirrowdothack »

new version had been uploaded on my website:

it includes:
- drag and drop
- some style changes
- some bg changes
- more save slots
- etc.

Beta-Version 4.1 had been tested on Windows Vista 32bit
(yeah I know I should get a new PC XD)

build includes a Win, Mac and Lin Version
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

Nerav

#20 Post by Nerav »

I just want to say that I am very, very impressed by Y;N so far, that I feel like it can almost be a finished work with how amazing it looks and feels. Not only is the story interesting, despite it being a visual novel, it still manages to be very disturbing and creepy. The soundtrack especially is perfect for this game. The backgrounds are beautiful, the enemy designs are intriguing, and the cgs themselves feel almost professionally polished. It's hard to imagine it was a free game!

I don't think I have any strong complaints thus far. I had no bugs or errors while playing it. The only thing I wish I could have was to have some way to know if I got all the letters of a location before moving on to the next one. I did noticed a few grammatical errors of punctuation as well. No real typos, mostly just misuse or absence of punctuation. (I will make another post listing them the next time I play if you would like).

I'm definitely looking forward to more of your work or any new improvements you make for this one!

octopuddle
Projects: The Lighthouse

#21 Post by octopuddle »

Oh man, oh man, I enjoyed this. You have a really good sense of creepy surreality, the phone image used in your sig, for instance, is super cool and iconic, and the sound design is on the ball which helps the atmosphere a ton.

I'm already pumped for you to release more stuff in this universe. :D

also i drew you a SPOILER thing

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#22 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Nerav wrote:I just want to say that I am very, very impressed by Y;N so far, that I feel like it can almost be a finished work with how amazing it looks and feels. Not only is the story interesting, despite it being a visual novel, it still manages to be very disturbing and creepy. The soundtrack especially is perfect for this game. The backgrounds are beautiful, the enemy designs are intriguing, and the cgs themselves feel almost professionally polished. It's hard to imagine it was a free game!

I don't think I have any strong complaints thus far. I had no bugs or errors while playing it. The only thing I wish I could have was to have some way to know if I got all the letters of a location before moving on to the next one. I did noticed a few grammatical errors of punctuation as well. No real typos, mostly just misuse or absence of punctuation. (I will make another post listing them the next time I play if you would like).

I'm definitely looking forward to more of your work or any new improvements you make for this one!
Thank u so much for those kind word *______* I am really, really happy that people enjoy this game that much, it makes me want to hug the whole world ♥ It feels really good that I did something I put my heart into and that people like it *I'm touched ~
It would be awesome if you could list those mistakes if you have the time *it would be a really big help. Thank you so very much for this kind offer ^^
octopuddle wrote:Oh man, oh man, I enjoyed this. You have a really good sense of creepy surreality, the phone image used in your sig, for instance, is super cool and iconic, and the sound design is on the ball which helps the atmosphere a ton.

I'm already pumped for you to release more stuff in this universe. :D

also i drew you a SPOILER thing
This picture is so amazing. I totally love it ♥. You drew her so very well that's absolutely fantastic. I'm so happy u enjoyed the game that much. My heart is about to explode because I am totally happy ♥ OMG, I can't stop looking at it *____* (love your style, you're very talented^^, just noticed: are you on tumblr? If so could u send me your url?^^)

--------

@ all: Thank u guys so much again for your great and very helpful comments and offers. I really like this forum because people are helping each other. That is just amazing ♥ U guys rock^^

More games are planned, but those will take some time since I'm currently busy looking for a job, but I am already planning on a new script for a new VN. So, you will learn more about this universe^^
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#23 Post by Rossfellow »

Noooo it wont let me download =(

I keep getting Internal Server Error
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#24 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Rossfellow wrote:Noooo it wont let me download =(

I keep getting Internal Server Error
Ah, I'm terrible sorry.
I was working on the new website design and forgot to change the link here. It should work now.
Again, I'm so sorry.
I hope u will enjoy the game.
Should there be any other problems, please let me know^^
My games:
Image Image

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#25 Post by Rossfellow »

I got it!

I'll get started when I get home tommorrow.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#26 Post by Mirrowdothack »

I'm happy to hear this.
I hope you will enjoy it.
Wish you much fun^^
My games:
Image Image

candichan06
Regular
Projects: A Thief's Tale
Organization: Azure Rose Productions

#27 Post by candichan06 »

So I played this game and may I just say, Amazing! I had so much fun playing; I am a big fan of puzzles and yours were great. Especially the math one; it took me a little while to figure it out but when I did, it was a great 'aha!' moment for me.
At first, I thought it had something to do with the number 9, because: the 1st problem's 12 => 3 (12-3=9), the second problem's 13 => 4 (13-9=4), and the last problem's 25=>7 [25-18(aka 9*2)=7] Classic case of overthinking lol, but when I stared at it for a bit and realized 'oh, 12...1+2=3!', I was so very proud of myself.
I did notice one grammatical error though;
after she answers the SOS phone in the subway, she says 'he...hang up'. It should be 'he...hung up' (past tense)
Please tell me you're planning a sequel, because it needs to happen :)
Current Project: A Thief's Tale
Demo here!

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#28 Post by Ran08 »

I played the Iron Heart Witch, and it was so cute! (Though kinda depressing.) Hahaha, so when I saw this game, well... yep, haha, I was immediately interested. :)

Downloading right now~ I'll tell you my thoughts once I finish playing this!

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#29 Post by Mirrowdothack »

candichan06 wrote:So I played this game and may I just say, Amazing! I had so much fun playing; I am a big fan of puzzles and yours were great. Especially the math one; it took me a little while to figure it out but when I did, it was a great 'aha!' moment for me.
At first, I thought it had something to do with the number 9, because: the 1st problem's 12 => 3 (12-3=9), the second problem's 13 => 4 (13-9=4), and the last problem's 25=>7 [25-18(aka 9*2)=7] Classic case of overthinking lol, but when I stared at it for a bit and realized 'oh, 12...1+2=3!', I was so very proud of myself.
I did notice one grammatical error though;
after she answers the SOS phone in the subway, she says 'he...hang up'. It should be 'he...hung up' (past tense)
Please tell me you're planning a sequel, because it needs to happen :)
Thank u so much for you kind words. I'm happy you liked it and had a good time. Regarding the math riddle: One of my friends was thinking about a similar way to solve it XD. Sometimes the answer is way easier than expected ^^I will erase to grammatical error in my next update. Thank u so much for telling me about it^^

Regarding a sequel :
Yes, there will be one. And, I'm currently working on it^^. I hope you guys will enjoy it, too^^
-----------
Ran08 wrote:I played the Iron Heart Witch, and it was so cute! (Though kinda depressing.) Hahaha, so when I saw this game, well... yep, haha, I was immediately interested. :)

Downloading right now~ I'll tell you my thoughts once I finish playing this!

Hiho. I'm happy you enjoyed "The Iron Heart Witch"^^ It was really fun to do it and I learned a lot for my next project^^.
I hope you'll like "Y;N" as well. Wish you much fun with it^^

Btw #1: I like your attitude with the "haha" - it makes me smile^^
Btw #2: I'm currently playing "Summer Paradise" - it's pretty sweet ♥ When I've finished it, I will give you a full review^^ (and if I'll ever be able to find its post again ^^")
Btw #3: I love that you have a vn review blog ^^ - it's really interesting

Anyway: Wish u much fun^^
My games:
Image Image

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#30 Post by Ran08 »

Mirrowdothack wrote: Hiho. I'm happy you enjoyed "The Iron Heart Witch"^^ It was really fun to do it and I learned a lot for my next project^^.
I hope you'll like "Y;N" as well. Wish you much fun with it^^
Well, it was really fun to read! :) I also enjoyed the presentation a whole bunch. Haha.
Mirrowdothack wrote:Btw #1: I like your attitude with the "haha" - it makes me smile^^
Ehh?! :oops: It's kinda embarrassing now... haha. I naturally put emotions in what I write so... ooooh. Feeling a bit self-conscious about it now... hahaha. :D
Mirrowdothack wrote:Btw #2: I'm currently playing "Summer Paradise" - it's pretty sweet ♥ When I've finished it, I will give you a full review^^ (and if I'll ever be able to find its post again ^^")
Yay, thank you very much! :) I'm looking forward to that full review~ haha! Hmm, if you can't find it, you can comment that review on my dev blog instead! (Hihi, sorry for the shameless advertising! HAHA!)
Mirrowdothack wrote:Btw #3: I love that you have a vn review blog ^^ - it's really interesting
Ack, haha. You saw it. :3 I have yet to put my review for TIHW, although I already have the screenshots ready. :D Hahaha. Is it alright if I link it to the thread when I post it...? Haha.