Also there is some actual licensed music in there but that's just a placeholder. As it's just a demo there's no custom menu art, etc. yet but I'm hoping to find someone who can help me with that soon. I'm looking for some crit on scenarios, writing, etc. Anything is welcomed!
Credits for the temp build:
Adam by PeriwinkleImp
Touhou by Kaoru
- Annyeong UFO-alpha-win.zip
- (47.39 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:12 am
- Projects: Silver (VN)
- Location: France
So, about Annyeong UFO :
There are already some funny sentences in this demo, and the idea of the ship transfering his IA in robots (or whatever) is good.
The art : I think Yohan's friends look fine, Yang looks very good, but Yohan himself and the alien are a little less ... lively, the drawing seems more akward.
Maybe they were drawn first ?
The story : some passages deserve more description on what Yohann sees, feels and thinks :
- when the UFO lands, because it's a mysterious moment and should be emphasized.
- when the UFO uses its camouflage, same reason
- when the alien glows in the dark, it's beautiful and gives a direction to the story (the alien is pure in contradiction to the rotten city Yohann lives in.)
And more important : Yohann should ask himself what the heck this alien is doing here, why did he come ???
I guess it will be explained later, but it's strange that Yohan doesn't seem to care about this mystery.
Congratulation for making it this far and good luck for the rest !
PS : It's in Korea so why is everything written in japanese in the streets ?? I know it's Uncle Mugen's BG, but as a result it doesn't feel like Korea.
Yohan and the alien are made from a sprite creator, so they're just also temporary. It's mostly all placeholder art.. I'm hoping to find better art for Yohan and the alien soon or be able to hire an artist.
Thanks for your insight on the ship scene. I think you're right on the emotional end of it, so I'll definitely see if I can add that emphasis you're talking about!
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:05 pm
- Projects: Truculence, Noraska:The cats valley
- Organization: Sunset Productions
- Location: Cyprus
Website : http://sunsetproductions.webstarts.com/
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1346
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:35 pm
- Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
- Github: lunalucid
- Skype: Discord: lunalucid#1991
- Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
- itch: lunalucid
- Location: USA
Users browsing this forum: No registered users