Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life)

#1 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 11/2/15 )
-Added new Eve Sprite
-Added a little bit of Eve's story
-Added a spoiler scene for Kat's story
-Added a spoiler scene for Kitty's story

GITHUB DOWNLOAD
MEDIAFIRE DOWNLOAD

About the game:
Zen wakes up, hungover and confused, beside a girl with messy hair, Kat, in an apartment they have no idea how they got there. While trying to remember the events of last night, Kat decides that it’s best that they don’t remember, since she’s enjoying spending time with Zen at the moment. Being an analytical and observant person, this is difficult for Zen, but he tries his best not to remember too much for Kat’s sake.

Zen continues his life in college, choosing to get in shape, pursue music, or relax and enjoy life.

DEMO/BETA FORUM

From the Author:
Hey, I'm new here on lemmasoft. And I started this VN to keep myself busy, do something productive, and maybe even entertain a demographic. I still have a lot to learn, and I want to make more and other VN's. But Perfection Project will be my main VN project.

Characters:

Zen:
The protagonist. Unlike most of the guys, Zen is a hopeless romantic who dreams of the day he would meet the perfect girl. He's taking Computer Science and he's trying to find opportunities to work before graduating.

Chris:
Zen's Best Friend. An ultra-social and extroverted playboy who values the happiness of others.

Kat (Kathy):
Kat is an odd girl and a free spirit. She enjoys staying inside; browsing the internet for whatever is interesting, and listening to music. She can be quite moody, changing her attitudes in an eye blink. She grew up with a few friends and she was considered to be very attractive much to her dismay. Not wanting to disappoint anyone, she dated a lot of her suitors, but didn’t feel attached to any of them, which eventually led to the fall of the relationships.

Eve (Evelyn)
Eve is a quiet girl who keeps to herself most of the time. Even to her band members who she always plays with, her life remains a mystery to everyone. Because of this, members eventually lose interest in playing since there isn’t much social aspect to the band. Her musical talent is extraordinary, and her song composition is poetically amazing. She can play all instruments and has a lovely voice. But she is known for only being able to smile when she is playing music.

Kitty (Katie)
Kitty is a passionate girl. She’s a European foreigner, and she has a passion for fighting. She grew up learning boxing with her dad, something that she enjoyed, but because of this, she didn’t get along with the other kids as a child. But as long as she could fight, she was happy. Although she has a lean and thin appearance, she has incredible strength and takes pride in her knockout power, something extremely rare for women.

Holly:
Super laidback stoner girl who just wants to peacefully have fun.
What I need:
-Testers.
-Some general feedback on the story and any suggestions or help you could give.
-I need pictures of the Red Corner and the Blue Corner of the Octagon.
-Photoshoppers. I need a bunch of sponsor names either blurred out or replaced with witty look-alikes.

WIP Forum:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29926
Last edited by ZennyZenZen on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 am, edited 15 times in total.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Re: Perfection Project (BxG, College, Young Adult Life, Rom-

#2 Post by qirien »

Hey, thought I'd download your VN and give it a try, even though I'm pretty sure I'm not your target audience (married 30 something woman? :o ). I downloaded it from Github and it had a zip file inside a zip file, which was a little weird, but it worked.

I like your setup; I'm interested to see how Zen and Kat work out being roommates, and what she's hiding. I'm a little confused about how/why he went to the convenience store without his wallet; seems like he'd need it to buy stuff there. Also, it seems like the VN is mostly from Zen's perspective, so it was a little confusing when you went to Kat's perspective and then switched back. Are you going to be doing that a lot? It seems like if we see things from her perspective, we might expect to see what she is hiding from Zen, but that would remove some of the mystery.

I guess Kat used to have rainbow-colored hair? But then dyed it back to black for some reason? Just making sure I'm not missing something there.

I like the subtle expressions and eye movements you have for Kat's sprite; those really bring out her personality well. It'd be nice to have a different background for breakfast, like a kitchen or something.

I like how we get to hear Zen's thoughts contrasted with what he says. His inner monologue really helps to get across his introversion and thoughtfulness.

You might want to choose a different screenshot; maybe one where Kat says "Try not to analyze or figure out what happened last night". That gives a little more mystery and interest, IMHO.
Finished games:

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Perfection Project (BxG, College, Young Adult Life, Rom-

#3 Post by philip »

Played through the demo and enjoyed it. Have bookmarked the topic and will look forward to future updates. Good job so far!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

ZennyZenZen
Regular

Re: Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life) (Weekly upda

#4 Post by ZennyZenZen »

This week's update is an art update. So there's not much story to upload and enjoy.

Image Image Image

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#5 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 2/26/15 )
-Typo fixes
-Fixed a few lines that felt out-of-place
-Timing fixes
-Added a main storyline to be played in-between the side-story
-Holly's 1st day finished

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philip »

Just downloaded the update and played through it. Very good! I'm likin' it more and more!! Can't wait for the next addition.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

ZennyZenZen
Regular

Re: Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life)

#7 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 4/1/15 )
-Added more gameplay, main storyline night 1
-Added option to skip to sneak peek of Chapter 3 of Kat's Route

I took the pictures of the bar myself. I'm going to take better pictures some other time.

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#8 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 4/28/15 )
-Art Update
-UI Update
-Description Update
Image Image Image Image

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#9 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 11/2/15 )
-Added new Eve Sprite
( I was told that the original Eve sprite was a little disproportionate so my artist couldn't work on it too well, so I decided to make a new one )

-Added a little bit of Eve's story
( Nothing special, just a few minutes of introduction into eve's story )

-Added a spoiler scene for Kat's story
( Added a scene that happens after Kat moves in with you )

-Added a spoiler scene for Kitty's story
( Added the ending scene for Kitty's route that segues into her main story )