Princess's Pet DEMO [School Life][GxB][GxG]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
tokya2502
Regular
Completed: Princesses's Maid
Projects: Princess's pet, PUGATE
Organization: Toki Production
Tumblr: toki-aah
Deviantart: tokya2502

Princess's Pet DEMO [School Life][GxB][GxG]

#1 Post by tokya2502 »

WIP thread
Oficcial tumblr page

PLOT:
This is not a plot heavy VN, it functions with character interactions. MC is a happy girl surrounded by friends. With the culture festival coming close, will she find love?
What this demo contains:
- 25% of the full game
- 2 CG event for each character
- Secret character route (First meeting)
- 2 Corner of Memories event 1 for Naoto and 1 for Sho (*Corner of Memories Special Event told from the POV of the guys and the girl_nvl style, unlocked after you've chose some certain options). It'll be accessible via the Extra section on the main menu. It won't have any effect on your actual gameplay. These little stories will help you understand the feeling of that person at that moment better)
- GUI and music for the full game.
- Illustrations for the ending you will get if you keep playing that way.
Here's the download links
Win
Linux
mac
Please play and tell me what you think. Which ending you get on your first playthrough. Which character is your favorite and what you're looking forward to in the FULL game. Also, I'm having trouble with the CG gallery but the bug seems pretty random. Please tell me if you encounter one.
THANK YOU~

P/s: I will post the guide to unlock the secret route later but it's more fun to figure it out yourself :D
Check my itch.io page out!

sherberrie
Regular

Re: Princess's Pet DEMO [School Life][GxB][GxG]

#2 Post by sherberrie »

Hey, I've played your game -- only Naoto and Sho's routes, though! I didn't have enough time to do more, but I'll see if I can in the future. Below is my feedback, I put it under spoilers just in case someone wants to enjoy the game completely. I apologize if there's any grammar mistakes, too. It's a bit late.

(I'm not great at grammar, so to be safe, I only pointed out the obvious things. I don't know if you already have a proofreader or something, but if so, my bad! I hope this helps none the less, although I'm 99.9% sure I missed a lot of other things...)
Grammar mistakes I've found:

His house is right next to mine and we have been taking care of eachothers since forever. / His house is right next to mine and we have been taking care of each other since forever.

Besides, you came to my room to wake me up in the morning all the time. / Besides, you come to my room to wake me up in the morning all the time.

I really wish my father weren't allergic to animals. / I really wish my father wasn't allergic to animals.

And with that, we part way / And with that, we part ways.

Can she draw again in 1 weeks? / Can she draw again in 1 week?

I thought you looked lonely siting there alone watching me cook so I made up stuff for you to do. / I thought you looked lonely sitting there alone, watching me cook, so I made up stuff for you to do.

And that time I made potato soup for you when you was ill too. / And that time I made potato soup for you when you were ill, too.

I has such a hard time gulping them all down. / I had such a hard time gulping them all down.

My mom was planing to bring you the thing she made but I stopped her. / My mom was planning to bring you the thing she made but I stopped her.

It was black and emitted evil aura. / It was black and emitted an evil aura.

(We've always been by eachother's side, haven't we?) / (We've always been by each other's side, haven't we?)

Please give him my thank / Please give him my thanks. (Or gratitude? Whichever floats your boat, lol)

Nah! He loves doing those stuff. / Nah! He loves doing this sort of stuff.

Glad to hear that! You should take some medicines and rest. / Glad to hear that! You should take some medicine and rest.

Because I was too nervous I couldn't talk, when you wasn't listening, Naoto told me to just imagine you as a guy. / Since I was too nervous that I couldn't talk, when you weren't listening, Naoto told me to just imagine you as a guy.

You drew a lot, huh? / You draw a lot, huh? (Unless he's speaking about how she used to draw since her wrist is injured...)

Noone can deny that!! / No one can deny that!!

The Actual Feedback:

Oh my gosh, when Akane had that hardcare yaoi manga I loved her so much that very instant. SOULMATES. Plus she wears glasses, and girls with glasses are the best. I need to play her route soon. And Aoi's. Gaaah.

I got Naoto's route at first, with both CGs. At first I was planning to date him and I was trying my best to romance him, but then Sho came along and I just... got Naoto's route over with and then enjoyed Sho's. Pffff, I'm very loyal. Aaand you can probably tell by now that I really really like Sho. I'm not sorry, Sho 4 lyfe. What a precious baby. ( TwT )9

Anyways, I related a lot to the MC, which was nice since we acted about the same and I put my real name, so it was like me in a highschool AU! And let me tell you how REFRESHING it was for me that she was not those typical cheerful highschool girls. She actually seemed pretty different, and it was great! The story was good for the sort of theme this game has, and it was nice for me to fully pay attention to dating the characters... because... that's what I pay mind to most of the time... And when the plot was there, it wasn't not rushed or too slow for me, it went along smoothly.

In overall, this is a really cute highschool game, and I'd love to play the full game when it comes out! What I look forward to in the full game.... is the MC kissing Sho... yes, please... maybe.

(Also I had no problems with the CG gallery... so far)

Also, highfive, 'cause you're amazing! Writing this game AND drawing it? Woah...

shin.e.d
Projects: Data Lion and an unnamed bxb game with dinosaurs!

#3 Post by shin.e.d »

I quite enjoyed this game. Went through all the routes starting with Naoto's and then Akane's 'cause she had suddenly gotten interesting. xD The art is great, and there's really no shortage of cute CGs. <3 My favorite character is Sho, because of his personality and then closely followed by Naoto simply because of his cute CGs. :D

The last route I got required some note-taking, and I found myself confused by the room numbers without it. Though the difficulty in getting it I think is good, its actually kind of boring to get the 'normal ending' each time. Though maybe its just me, as I tried to do it without looking at my notes and without the hint drop at first. Other than that, its actually one of my favorites, and there's a kind of soft playfulness about the characters that I love. :3

tokya2502
Regular

#4 Post by tokya2502 »

@ sherberrie:
Thank you sooo much for the feedback. I have to admit that and English is my second language so there must be a lot of mistakes and awkward wordings here and there but of course I'll have to get a proofreader once the full game is finished. Thanks for the corrections, it's super helpful lol. I can't believe I made these silly mistakes. And of course there'll be
kiss scenes CG for everybody
in the full game!!

@shin.e.d
Thank you for your feedback. Wow You've played every route? Bravo!! Thank you for letting me know about the thing with the final route. You're right. I haven't thought about how the player would feel
having to start the route all over again because of one mistake. I think I'll make it so that the secret route would become inaccessible immediately if you chose one thing wrong in the full game and some sort of hint suggesting that you had picked the wrong option.
Other than that, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the game!!!

lollipopahh

#5 Post by lollipopahh »

Hi, I've just played through it once and I've got to say I'm really impressed. The art is really on point and the dialogue is really fun and you can see the cute relationship the main character shares with the rest of the characters in the game. The only thing that sort of ticked me off was the background, please stick to the simplistic sketches for the background and don't have random pictures of real places like the cafe and the gym. Hopefully, they're only temporary while you work on your game. By the way, approximately when will this come out and will it be free? I'm really looking forward to it, please don't give up on it. >< There are many good games that get abandoned before they're finished and it's always such a shame. :c

LaziRice
Tumblr: Dango-Pop

#6 Post by LaziRice »

Hello just wanted to say I played every route (even the secret one!)
I'll put my review in spoilers
First of all just wow. I love the art and I love the story! When I first played the game I was trying to go for Naoto's route but ended up getting the normal ending, which was cool at least it wasn't a bad ending! I love the idea of the corner of memories it just makes me love the story even more T^T

As far as favorite character goes I have to go with Naoto>Akane=Sho>Aoi. Honestly I love all the characters.

I love how the characters interact with each other, especially the MC. I felt like I could relate to the MC and the choices seemed genuine. Especially since I also love a cute fluffy dog~

All the CG's are just gorgeous. I think my favorite one is with the MC hugging Akane.

The menu and the layout of the game is so beautiful D: I loved the art of the extra section and throughout the whole game! The only thing that threw me off was the random real life spaces, but it wouldn't bother me too much in the full game.

Oh! As far as the part where you choose the room you want to go to, "1-3, 2-2, 3-1" I had trouble at first but then I remembered everyone's grades like Aoi = 1st year, Naoto/Akane=2nd year, Sho=3rd year so I had no problems after that ^^

Conclusion: I will defiantly play this again and again and again. I want to get every character's routes over and over again!

tokya2502
Regular

#7 Post by tokya2502 »

Thanks for the nice feedbacks :D It makes me a happy girl~
@ lollipopahh
I'm glad you have fun playing Princess's Pet and yeah, those realistic backgrounds are placeholder for now (I even credited the place where I took the place holder images lol). The full game won't have that problem anymore, I promise!! I don't have a date planned for the release yet but I think the game will be completed in 4 or 5 months (if things go smoothly... I'm really busy irl... it could be shorter tho) and this is a non commercial project so of course it's free. I will try my best to not give this project up :D

@LaziRice
Omg your comment put a smile on my face! Thank you so much!! As for the realistic looking backgrounds, they're placeholder for now (my background skill sucks so much it takes a lot of time for me to finish painting one). I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I'll do my best so that the full game won't be disappointing.

Steamy Beard

#8 Post by Steamy Beard »

the story for each character are complete in the demo ? or it's just the little piece ?
akane route just doesnt feel finished.

tokya2502
Regular

#9 Post by tokya2502 »

Steamy Beard wrote:the story for each character are complete in the demo ? or it's just the little piece ?
akane route just doesnt feel finished.
Ah yeah the demo only covers 1/4 of the game. Of course their story aren't finished yet :D