Demon Knight [Fantasy][Kinetic] Demo

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Frostedge

Demon Knight [Fantasy][Kinetic] Demo

#1 Post by Frostedge »

For starters.
So, I've finally decided to release a demo of a kinetic novel based on some writing I've been doing for the past year. It's something I've been sitting on for quite a while, I considered writing an entirely new story altogether for a Visual/Kinetic Novel, but in the end it seemed better to refurbish an old work, since I'm most familiar with that.

Description
For decades, the demons pouring out of Hell's Gate terrorised humanity, eating and killing as they saw fit. At the end of their rope, mankind prayed to the heavens, and God answered by sending the Saviour to force the demons back. They were succesful, and humanity finally had a fighting chance. However, the Saviour vanished, and humanity was left to fend for itself once more. In a spark of either genius or insanity, an alchemist devised a way to merge the heart of a demon and the mind of a human together, creating what is known as a Demon Knight. With surprising efficiency, these new-made warriors devastated the demonic forces. Their sheer power, however, made the Church decide that Hell's Gate should be cordoned off entirely, effectively trapping those that had sacrificed their humanity to save their loved ones and making the area a field of death. However, a few Demon Knight's managed to escape, and the Church hunts them down with great zeal.

Screenshots
Screenshot 1.PNG
Screenshot 2.PNG
A few other things about this kinetic novel.
Music: Made by Myuuji, he makes copyright-free music, mainly piano stuff that's perfect for fantasy, horror and thrillers. If you're interested, go check him out.
You'll notice that there is no title screen yet, once I've found a way to make one, I'll add it. If you've got any advice on how to get that done, I'd love to hear it.
Other than that, if you have any criticism, suggestions or feedback, I'd love to know.

Update 1.1
-Sprites added.
-Rewrote a few lines to suit the sprites better.
-Added the entirety of Chapter 1 of the source material to the Kinetic Novel

Update 1.2
-Got a new piece of music. (Thanks, Myuuji)
-Added more sound effects, and compiled a few to a single track to use. (Thanks, Audacity)
-Generated faces for two more characters, these faces will see more use in later updates
-Added the entirety of Chapter 2 of the source material to the Kinetic Novel.

If anyone is interested in the story, but doesn't want to wait for me to update my work, you can read everything I've written up until now here: http://www.booksie.com/fantasy/novel/fr ... /chapter/1

Sincerely,
Frostedge
Attachments
Demon_Knight-Demo-1.2.zip
(41.77 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by Frostedge on Sat May 23, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Demon Knight [Fantasy][Kinetic] Demo

#2 Post by fleet »

Check the creative commons section here at LSF for free sprites. Your story sounds interesting, but I'd decline to play a demo without sprites.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Frostedge

#3 Post by Frostedge »

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out and see if there are any sprites that I can use.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4 Post by fleet »

I hope you can find something useful, and that you have fun making your game. :P
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Frostedge

#5 Post by Frostedge »

I've added some sprites by using an old faceset generator from back when I tried to make an RPG. It worked out better than I'd expected, but they're not full-body sprites. I am having a lot of fun doing battle with Ren'Py and getting it to do what I want it to.

Frostedge

#6 Post by Frostedge »

Just uploaded Version 1.2, further information is available in the first post.
Projects:
- Demon Knight (WIP)