Magical Otoge Ciel Demo

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

Magical Otoge Ciel Demo

#1 Post by Batensan »

The full version is out!!

Here's the link! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 10#p382210

Ciel, the protagonist, is a princess who has never been allowed to leave her kingdom. Along with her loyal knight and bodyguard, she decides to follow her dreams of seeing the world.
If you play it, please tell me how you like the characters and dialogue or any thoughts you have about the game! Thank you.

Also, there is a very small typo in one of the lines between Florien and Ciel in the beginning.

Last edited by Batensan on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Developer of Moon Observatory.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel Demo

#2 Post by philip »

Just went through the demo - seems interesting - I'll be anxious to see more!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Amberbaum
Regular

#3 Post by Amberbaum »

Hi. I just finished your demo and it was very nice.
Batensan wrote: If you play it, please tell me how you like the characters and dialogue! Thank you.
So far no unlikable characters. Ciel is a bit naive but that is to be expected, being a sheltered princess. I especially like Anton and his character design. His armor looks really good combined with his red hair and hairstyle*drool*.
-The art is very nice and matches with the writing.
-The story had a pleasant simplicity or lightness to it, which is very pleasant. I found the slime monster dialogue to be pretty amusing.

noctos
Regular
Projects: Aeris
Tumblr: noctos

#4 Post by noctos »

Hi! I'm not sure what you wanted comments on except for opinions on characters, so I'm just writing everything.

Characters:
I liked the characters very much. My favorites kept switching every time a new one was introduced, and I like the personalities you've given them. Thank you for giving us a protagonist with motivation and drive! Ciel seems like a go-getter, and when she wants something she does everything she can to get it. I love how Florien is soft spoken, but also firm in his own way. Anton is gorgeous, both in appearance and personality - I'm fond of his presentation, and I think the dialogue fits his expressions well. I'm very curious about mister Questionable Smoothian, too. Absolutely adore his green eyes and unpredictable actions!

The interaction between characters is great as well. I like the dynamic between Ciel and her knights, it felt both natural and entertaining. My only complaint is the execution of Yvin's first appearance. He comes and goes a little too quickly for my liking.

Art:
Great job on sprites! I'm an instant fan of the smooth coloring, and the character designs are great. My favorite is Yvin, with his tan skin, green eyes and black outfit.
The backgrounds are well done, too. I especially like the one used in the castle and the forest. I feel like the background used in the city they visited could have been done differently, though. The cobblestones looked off, and the perspective was weird to me. I also think the buildings in the back were a bit plain.

Story:
Well done on the premise! As I mentioned earlier, I really like Ciel, and the reason is that she has a goal and motivation to move the story forward. Her wish to explore the world feels sincere, but I feel like the leaving part might have been rushed. I would have liked to get a better look at how trapped she feels in the castle. Since this is a demo, it might not depict all events leading up to her runaway trip, but these are my initial thoughts.

I like that the story is a journey. I'm curious to see the places they'll go, and how her relationship with the guys will progress. ;; You've done a great job, and I'm looking forward to see the full thing, with music, routes and the rest of this adventure.

Additional notes:

Bwaa ~ I'm so sorry about this
Tentatively working on my first project ☆

Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

#5 Post by Batensan »

I feel like the background used in the city they visited could have been done differently, though. The cobblestones looked off, and the perspective was weird to me. I also think the buildings in the back were a bit plain.
Yes, unfortunately I made that one a quite a while ago when I didn't have a grasp on what perspective was. I thought it was "good enough" and couldn't be bothered to fix it, since that town only appears for a short time anyway. Honestly drawing towns is a lot of work for me, so it's still... good enough.
Developer of Moon Observatory.