Free! Arabian Nights Demo

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Free! Arabian Nights Demo

#1 Post by Red-Baby »

Hi everyone!!

A while ago the demo of my fanmade game was released. A lot of people have played it so far but I haven't really received enough feedback, so I'm looking for anyone willing to test play it and provide me with feedback on a few things:

① Feedback on the writing? (Spelling or grammar mistakes, how well does the story flow, etc)
② Feedback on the music? (Does it set the mood, seem out of place, etc)
③ Feedback on the new artwork? (If you want to compare it to the beta you can check out the comments below)
④ Any other comments?

The demo is available to download for FREE (it may ask you to pay, just click 'no thanks, take me to the downloads') via itch.io here: https://red-baby.itch.io/free-arabian-nights-demo

Thanks everyone!!

If for any odd reason you want to try the beta version to compare how much it's changed, you can download that here:
https://mega.nz/#F!mttD2IiB!faN8Vhq1E6lMMBjLnVOojw
Last edited by Red-Baby on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

sherberrie
Regular

Re: Free! Arabian Nights Beta

#2 Post by sherberrie »

① What is your opinion of the artwork?
Pretty neat! However, I do think the anatomy need some fixing.

② Did you come across any spelling or grammar mistakes?
Not any that were particularly memorable! I'm not the best person to rely on that either way, lol.

③ What do you think of the story thus far?
It's good! It's only the prologue so I don't have any in-depth review to write about it, but it's definitely got some interesting potential.

④ Any other comments?
I love FREE! and I'm so happy you're making this!

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen

#3 Post by Red-Baby »

sherberrie wrote:① What is your opinion of the artwork?
Pretty neat! However, I do think the anatomy need some fixing.

Not any that were particularly memorable! I'm not the best person to rely on that either way, lol.

It's good! It's only the prologue so I don't have any in-depth review to write about it, but it's definitely got some interesting potential.

④ Any other comments?
I love FREE! and I'm so happy you're making this!

Thanks for the feedback =D

Do you mind telling me which characters need anatomical work and which aspects in particular? Thank you =D

sherberrie
Regular

#4 Post by sherberrie »

No problem! However, I only worked on Gou's anatomy because I'm pretty confident on my skills on that. As for male anatomy... I might try later this week if I'm up for a challenge. :lol: But I think it's better to find a more experienced person to help you on that!
gouanatomy.png
I didn't actually have to change anything drastically, but I'll explain anyways! I fixed her ears to make them go from the eyes to the top of her lip. She also seemed a little slouchy so I straightened her a bit and I fixed the positions of her shoulders/breasts as well.

I hope you found it helpful!

svarn
Deviantart: mongdej

#5 Post by svarn »

① What is your opinion of the artwork?
As someone mentioned characters anatomy could always be improved, but I think that it would be easier to improve your backgrounds instead.
Adding even simple shadows would go a long way in my opinion, because rooms look rather flat at the moment. While learning and improving anatomy can be a never ending story.

I haven't noticed anything.

I don't think there is much of a story to talk about so far. At this point it could turn out great, or not =)

④ Any other comments?
Writting is most definitly not my field, so feel free to ignore this comment. But prolog felt to me a little like a debriefing by narrator and capitan. I think that you could try to provide information in a more interactive way, or just explain the situation at start rather then having narrator interupt in the middle of dialog. And overall I feel like narrator had a lot of irrelevant things to say (like desciption where everybody sat down). But again I'm not a writer, so don't take me too seriously here.

Sorry, I know this is not a whole lot, but I hope it's going to be helpfull in some way.
Good luck with your project!

Red-Baby
Veteran

Re: Free! Arabian Nights Demo

#6 Post by Red-Baby »

Updated