Amplitude (GXB, BXG, Mystery. Sci-Fi, stat-raising)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Amplitude (GXB, BXG, Mystery. Sci-Fi, stat-raising)

#1 Post by Xerofit51 »

AMPLITUDE

11990428_1496570313988313_1159247617871531902_n.jpg
Plot:
It is the year 2121, a world where everyone has mutated, varying from simple mutations such
as purple eyes to having abnormal super human powers, but there are a few late bloomers, and
some who don't gain any special abilities at all. Those who aren't mutated or do not gain power
from their mutation are often treated like trash or even killed off.

To restore balance and some sort of power control, All those below 20 are obliged to go to
school and wear P.E.Ts (Personal Electronic Trackers) that monitors you every move. They will
teach students to control their powers and also learn how to treat each other accordingly
without using their powers against each other.

In a world where human rights are a blur and power means everything. Two groups of people
have formed in society, Ones who wish to eradicate the weak and leave only the strong to do
as they please and ones who wish to restore balance, let those without power live without fear.
The player was one of these groups, but he/she was betrayed and murdered. As you were on
the land of the dead, someone granted you a chance to take control of a nonmutant
student who committed suicide, with a catch that you will not remember who killed you and what got
you killed.

The player accepts this catch but is shocked when later on knows he/she isn't the only one in
this body, the original owner is still alive there and you're both gonna have to share control. Will
you be able to balance out both student life and the life of a rebellion? Catch your killer? More
importantly, can you get a body of your own?

Features:
-stat raising
vredmuqfvkn3cwkyubdr.jpg
-crafting, quest and messaging system, point and click map
progress.jpg
mtjcq2k0ip1593zhw7le.jpg
-BXG,GXB, (physically or soulfully, so if the soul is a girl she can still woo a guy even though the
body she is in is a guy and vice versa)
gk3wfacfwecsscnvtjjz.jpg
- four possibilities : a man in a man's body or in a woman's body, and a woman in a man's or a
woman's body.
vi4cqhyefm3xvkglcudq.jpg
- CG gallery :)

WIP Page :
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=30104

File here:
http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amplitud ... 00?fref=ts
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hako

Re: Amplitude (GXB, BXG, Mystery. Sci-Fi, stat-raising)

#2 Post by Hako »

The demo ended right when I started getting interested in what was happening. Guess I have something to look forward to in the future. These are things I had problems with:

The menu designs and stuff look really cool, except I can't tell what half of the icons mean without checking my mail. I know that there's a message in the cellphone that says what they are, but I think you should have something like a small text box to show what it is when you hover over the icons in the menu.

Crafting was also a little confusing to figure out, maybe you could add a tab to show what recipes you have? It would be nice to click on a recipe tab and see what things you are able to make along with that inventory screen. I imagine that in the full game, you would have lots of things to make, and having a recipe tab to click on would be a lot quicker than going through the inventory list to make what you want.

When I was on the chibi map, even though the small P.E.T. menu wasn't there, the red notifications I got still showed up. It goes away when I check what it's notifying me about, but if I don't, it's just kind of there whether the P.E.T. menu is there or not.

That there is no load screen and only a save screen that you can access in game is really inconvenient. If I want to go back and see what a different choice would do, or if I accidentally clicked the wrong choice, I would have to exit to the main menu even if it was for something really simple.

I would also really appreciate a backlog of some sort. Sometimes I accidentally click twice, or I want to go back and reread what someone was saying, but unless I make a save before that point and load it from the main menu, I can't see it and again, that's inconvenient.

When I play with Jon and I click on the scar guy next to the crying little girl, the protagonist says "everybody says Jon has a charming smile", but the protagonist hasn't even been in his body for a day and we've only seen two characters, so I don't think there should be an "everybody" just yet.

Also just a question, but how come Eric has so many voiced lines but other male characters don't?

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Amplitude (GXB, BXG, Mystery. Sci-Fi, stat-raising)

#3 Post by Xerofit51 »

Hako wrote:The demo ended right when I started getting interested in what was happening. Guess I have something to look forward to in the future. These are things I had problems with:

The menu designs and stuff look really cool, except I can't tell what half of the icons mean without checking my mail. I know that there's a message in the cellphone that says what they are, but I think you should have something like a small text box to show what it is when you hover over the icons in the menu.

Crafting was also a little confusing to figure out, maybe you could add a tab to show what recipes you have? It would be nice to click on a recipe tab and see what things you are able to make along with that inventory screen. I imagine that in the full game, you would have lots of things to make, and having a recipe tab to click on would be a lot quicker than going through the inventory list to make what you want.

When I was on the chibi map, even though the small P.E.T. menu wasn't there, the red notifications I got still showed up. It goes away when I check what it's notifying me about, but if I don't, it's just kind of there whether the P.E.T. menu is there or not.

That there is no load screen and only a save screen that you can access in game is really inconvenient. If I want to go back and see what a different choice would do, or if I accidentally clicked the wrong choice, I would have to exit to the main menu even if it was for something really simple.

I would also really appreciate a backlog of some sort. Sometimes I accidentally click twice, or I want to go back and reread what someone was saying, but unless I make a save before that point and load it from the main menu, I can't see it and again, that's inconvenient.

When I play with Jon and I click on the scar guy next to the crying little girl, the protagonist says "everybody says Jon has a charming smile", but the protagonist hasn't even been in his body for a day and we've only seen two characters, so I don't think there should be an "everybody" just yet.

Also just a question, but how come Eric has so many voiced lines but other male characters don't?
First off thank you for playing and commenting on both of my WIP forum and even this forum :P.
About the menu, I'll get to that. I was gonna make a small text box but found a bug on it, which I can't get fixed yet due to lack of time and knowledge and funds, there is also a bit of placing issue of where is the best place to show it, but hopefully that will be managed in the full release.

Crafting wise, when you click on an item (Any item) in your inventory, it should show the recipes the player knows. Or do you mean something else? (I'll admit my English is rusty so I might not comprehend things that well.)

The red notification..ah yes. I wanted something annoying so the player would have to check it (Thus why it's still there even when the P.E.T menu is not) . I do get your point though and will find a better....less bug looking notification :).

Hmmm...I deliberately had the load button outside so it makes the player have to face their choices without that much freedom to reload it (Something that also annoyed me in Heavy rain but gave me enjoyment in the end), same goes with backlogging because I guess in real life you can't always backlog per say. But if I have the time/help I will try to do this.

And the Jon part, That's true I suppose, well minor details I'll edit later :D.

And Eric lines are a lot because finding male voice actors is apparently hard when I am not sure I can pay them yet, so yes basically funding issue :)

I hope that answers some of your criticism, I will do my best to address some of them. But if I don't due to feeling it's not necessary or prefer it in a different way please know I still appreciate your input :)