Kyrie [Romance/Mystery Visual Novel]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
BassExtractor
Soundcloud: BassExtractor

Kyrie [Romance/Mystery Visual Novel]

#1 Post by BassExtractor »

[UPDATE] Finished the script for the whole story. It is now fully playable.
[20.08.2016] Fixed grammar errors in chapter 1-3 & added downloadable version for MAC.
[10.09.2016] Fixed grammar errors in the whole novel and added some new CGs and Soundtracks.

Hello everyone!
I am the creator of the visual novel Kyrie.
This is a solo project that I began working on back in 2013.
I have been very interested in visual novels for many years now, and I have already many planned stories which I'm going to make, Kyrie being the first.
I have uploaded an alpha of the finished game, having all the script, with a few things remaining before being finished.

I am the creator of everything in this visual novel: story, art, design, editing, music.

I am in desperate need of testers, who can give feedback on content, pacing, characters, grammar, art, music, ending and anything related to tyranobuilder.

Todo:
Create 20-30 more CGs and possibly some event CGs
Character sprites
Grammar control
A few more soundtracks
Mastering of existing soundtracks
Scene cleanup

So whats Kyrie?
Tags:
Mystery, Romance, Psychological, Trauma, Amnesia, Forest, Ambient Noises, Human Trafficing, Despair, Multiple Plotlines, Horror, Nakige, Dream, Tradegy, Adolescent romance, Comedy, Slice of life

Recommended ages:
12+ (arguably 15+)

Playtime:
5 Hours +-

Introduction:
Kenneth our protagonist, is finally getting away from all the noise in the city and his family; by spending his summer vacation alone in his family's cabin. Expecting a quiet summer, he did not foresee that there was in fact, another human at that rural place. A girl named Kyrie. Kyrie, being highly mysterious, and her existence; paradoxical. Kenneth is forced to dig deeper into the secrets of this place, while slowly getting closer to Kyrie, who seems to be very little like any other person he knows about.

Characters:
The story has two main characters: Kenneth and Kyrie, as well as a side cast.
Kenneth is a guy working hard with school and is going to attend medical studies after the summer.
Kyrie is a mysterious girl who lives in the forest.

Feel:
The story has a lot of dialogue and focuses on the development of the relationship between Kenneth and Kyrie. The feel of the game is very mysterious, the soundtrack, the scenes, the plotlines. Some scenes have quite a scary music and feel, so players who are easily scared should not play it. The themes of the story are also quite dark, but none of them are handled in a very explicit way.

Focus:
The player will at all time have many questions going around in their head, and the mysteries of the story will slowly be revealed one by one as the story goes by. At the same time, more mysteries seem to appear creating a situation extremely intense and difficult to handle for our protagonist and Kyrie. The narration will jump between the main characters and others, which will be shown later how they all fit together.

Download link windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qn5rt ... a0%2C3.zip

Download link mac:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/02m29 ... 2C3MAC.zip

Also if anyone found this interesting and finds potential in my works, I would be glad to team up in future projects, as this is just the beginning of my Visual Novel creation journey.
Last edited by BassExtractor on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BassExtractor

Re: Kyrie [Romance/Mystery Visual Novel]

#2 Post by BassExtractor »

Uploaded new version with finished script. A completely playable alpha.

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#3 Post by robovelociraptor »

Hello! ^^

I played the alpha and I really liked it! The music was beautiful and suited to the game (in fact, sometimes I would just sit there and listen to the music), both the characters were likable, the story was interesting, and even the backgrounds were a subtle, but nice touch. I found the jumping between perspectives to be an interesting and clever way to slip in seemingly "random" information, only to have it fit together at the end. You put a lot of work into this, and it definitely shows. :D

I found some typos/grammar mistakes in the game, most of them are just minor mistakes, so it's not like the English is atrocious or unreadable. It looks like there's a lot more typos/grammar mistakes then there actually are because I put a correction underneath each one. Some of them are not actually mistakes, rather, it's just that the sentence sounded weird/unnatural, but was technically correct: list of typos / grammar mistakes

As for bugs, when
the voice was talking to Kenneth in the infirmary some of the text got cut off.
Anyhow, nice work, and good luck on finishing up your To-Do List!

BassExtractor

#4 Post by BassExtractor »

Thank you very much for the feedback! I am very grateful that you went though the trouble to give me a list of typos. that's really helpful, arigatou~ C:
I'm really glad that you liked it! I have used many many hours to create the game^^

If you liked the music, here's my soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/bassextractor

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#5 Post by robovelociraptor »

No problem! ^^

I'll definitely check it out! Your music really is good! :mrgreen:

glithch
Regular

#6 Post by glithch »

i just played some of it and so far it seems really interesting! love the atmosphere and the characters! i wouldnt even mind if this game was spriteless in the end because the story is really interesting! but i feel like the memories of the girl thats trapped somewhere are kinda, too edgy. like the writing in places seems kinda cheesy about the way it handled such a terryfyin situation. but tbh its really hard to write something like that, and its not really a major thing. its just something i noticed and snickered at

BassExtractor

#7 Post by BassExtractor »

Thank you very much, your feedback is very helpful! Yea, I totally get what you mean, and I will take a look at it!=)

BassExtractor

#8 Post by BassExtractor »

Added MAC version for those who are interested, as well as ALPHA 0.2 which has fixed typos in chapter 1-3=)