★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
selenity136
Regular

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#121 Post by selenity136 »

I tried downloading a couple of times...maybe it's just me but here's a traceback.
Attachments
opening the game.txt
(895 Bytes) Downloaded 85 times

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#122 Post by Aleema »

selenity136 wrote:I tried downloading a couple of times...maybe it's just me but here's a traceback.
Uploading a new version of the game right now. I didn't delete my persistent so I never caught that. :oops:

selenity136
Regular

#123 Post by selenity136 »

I downloaded just now and tried to open the memorabilia only to ended up with this. I deleted the persistent data on my computer just to make sure. I haven't started a new game yet.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1228, in script
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 463, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1240, in execute
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1430, in execute
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1455, in execute
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1456, in execute
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1228, in script
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1715, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\statements.py", line 144, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 463, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\exports.py", line 2475, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ui.py", line 277, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2437, in interact
    scene_lists.replace_transient()
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 727, in replace_transient
    self.remove(layer, tag)
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1014, in remove
    self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 938, in hide_or_replace
    d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in _hide
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Naminski\Downloads\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 565, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1430, in execute
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1455, in execute
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1456, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 1456, in <module>
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

lashton
Tumblr: ghouluke
Deviantart: nolanross

#124 Post by lashton »

Just downloaded the new version and opened the memorabilia and I have literally got all of the scenes, even the ones I haven't unlocked or looked at yet :3

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#125 Post by Aleema »

lashton wrote:Just downloaded the new version and opened the memorabilia and I have literally got all of the scenes, even the ones I haven't unlocked or looked at yet :3
*sigh*

miruki

#126 Post by miruki »

I finished my first playthrough story mode with Dallas, didn't encounter any bugs besides some weirdness with the gig mini game score calculation (more details in the questionnaire). In some of Faust's scenes "Kleine" is mispelled as "Kliene", not sure if anyone else has mentioned this already.
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#127 Post by Aleema »

miruki wrote:I finished my first playthrough story mode with Dallas, didn't encounter any bugs besides some weirdness with the gig mini game score calculation (more details in the questionnaire). In some of Faust's scenes "Kleine" is mispelled as "Kliene", not sure if anyone else has mentioned this already.
Thank you, I'll have to double-check the spelling!

As for your review, the "epilogues" for the Story Mode characters are unreleased and will be released on June 10th.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#128 Post by Aleema »

Uploading a new version. The reason the Memorabilia shows up for everyone is because a new persistent variable I created to show them was set to "True" by default. So. Yeah.

Delete your persistent data and download the new version (uploading now, done in 20 mins) to lock scenes naturally have no spoilers.

Or you can just type F1 and then "show memo" to toggle that feature off.

Archangelina

#129 Post by Archangelina »

Is anyone else getting a "ValueError:No JSON object could be decoded" when they go to update their game?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#130 Post by Aleema »

Archangelina wrote:Is anyone else getting a "ValueError:No JSON object could be decoded" when they go to update their game?
You need to re-download the game.

Archangelina

#131 Post by Archangelina »

Aleema wrote:
Archangelina wrote:Is anyone else getting a "ValueError:No JSON object could be decoded" when they go to update their game?
You need to re-download the game.
Ah, I'm blushing, what a simple fix. Sorry I'm so foolish and thank you for telling me.

Right now I've finished Beau and Emmitt's routes and I have to say the game is AMAZING! Honestly better than any commercial otome game I've ever played. The characters really get me all riled up and I've already got a couple pages of commentary/questions in Word based on what's out right now. I'll probably wait until the full game is out to post everything, I wouldn't want to ask questions that'll be answered in open mode.

...Having said that there is one question that's just burning me up! Will we ever be able to have Robin quit smoking? It seems silly to be so invested in this but after getting so attached to Emmitt I just have to know if it'll be an option!

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#132 Post by riverbluesbear »

Just a quick question, sorry if anyone else has asked/answered it, but how old is everyone? I'm just curious. I know (or at least I'm pretty sure) Emmitt is nineteen, but what about everyone else? (Including like Owen, Sterling, Collin, Natasha, Joel, etc)

rizrice

#133 Post by rizrice »

I've been trying out the open ended route and whenever I save and try to go back to that particular save, it resets all the work I've done and I have to start from scratch.

Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this but when I go to the memorabilia none of the scenes are titled so I don't know what scene I'm clicking. I've gone through all the main guys routes and none of their scenes are titled either.

I've re downloaded a couple times but the problems still persist. I currently have version 0.72.
Attachments
titlesnotshowing.png

smergrl3495
Tumblr: smergrl3495
Deviantart: smergrl3495

#134 Post by smergrl3495 »

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to interact with the characters in open-ended mode but so far I can only hang out with Collin and Blue Rose. Also I'm not sure how to trigger Beau's route as it doesn't come up at the same time as Kirby and Dallas' routes. Also I'm seeing that some people say that there is a Sterling route?! How do you get that because I would love to see more of him. :D
Attachments
Questionnaire (1).txt
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Archangelina

#135 Post by Archangelina »

smergrl3495 wrote:I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to interact with the characters in open-ended mode but so far I can only hang out with Collin and Blue Rose. Also I'm not sure how to trigger Beau's route as it doesn't come up at the same time as Kirby and Dallas' routes. Also I'm seeing that some people say that there is a Sterling route?! How do you get that because I would love to see more of him. :D
Which character are you trying to interact with? Many of them haven't been released. If you drove back with Veau and have a higher relationship core with him than Em then I think it should trigger.

Can someone help me out on how to get the Beach II scene in Dallas' route? I get all the way up to Sterling III bt I cant go any further :/