★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
CatyCats
Regular

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#151 Post by CatyCats »

I had a question about who was romanceable and who isn't but I already know now! I can't see how to delete this post though...

Anyway, I played Emmitts route and unlocked Collin, Claudette and Emma. However I run to Collin 3 times and claudette 2 times BUT when I see it in my Memoriabilia I don't have the 3 "memories" of collin and 1"memory" of Claudette.
I did got the barfight of Claudette

Archangelina

#152 Post by Archangelina »

Finished all paths in story mode, I've met Alessandro but he didn't unlock in memorabilia, although at the end Robin mentions him when speaking about new band with the other unlocked characters. Also all of Seth's scenes are ??? and I'm missing some scenes with others but I'll post them later.
Now I have to decide either to go for open mode or replay Emmitt to unlock Emma again (she disappeared after one of the updates).
I am also having this problem with Seth and Faust, though not with Alessandro and Claudette.

Is everything going well with the team? It's totally fine if updates are late but I mis having Aleema on the forum :/ Hope they're okay.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#153 Post by Starling »

Hey guys, Aleema did hit a real life bump, but she should be back to responding here real soon. I recommend following her on twitter as well since you can get a quick 'what's up' there.

I, unfortunately, can't help with troubleshooting lol, so I'm mostly useless in this thread.

One thing I can say though is that Robin can't date everyone, but she can become close friends with them. Open Mode is less of a romance sim, and more of a relationship sim. It's one of the things I enjoy about it. :D
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Archangelina

#154 Post by Archangelina »

Starling wrote:Hey guys, Aleema did hit a real life bump, but she should be back to responding here real soon. I recommend following her on twitter as well since you can get a quick 'what's up' there.

I, unfortunately, can't help with troubleshooting lol, so I'm mostly useless in this thread.

One thing I can say though is that Robin can't date everyone, but she can become close friends with them. Open Mode is less of a romance sim, and more of a relationship sim. It's one of the things I enjoy about it. :D
Ah, Thanks for updating us! I hope her life gets back to where she wants it soon!

BTW I played Emma's route and I wanted to give just a few comments...
I thought Emma was really likable and interesting, but I have some reservations about the ending of her story. I thought her delusions and their cause were going to play as the major plot point of her story as they were honestly such a big part of her introduction and character overall, so I was really disappointed that they were wrapped up in three screens. However my disappointment in this one area doesn't take away from the fact that she was a genuinely likable character who got me invested in her story and actually helped show me a different, more tolerant side of Robin. She was good as she was but imo she could have been AMAZING if there had been a deeper, more elaborated-on reason behind one of her most defining features.
This is all imo though but I know writers sometimes like to hear their readers' perceptions of their characters so I thought I'd give my two cents.

theshrimplord
Regular

#155 Post by theshrimplord »

I have literally spent most of my day playing this game. Wow. Just wow. So much to say.

Dallas
I chose the Dallas route both because he was the only one I had the option to hang with (I was accidentally an asshole to everyone) and because I was intrigued by his character. HOW FRUSTRATING. The route made me sick sometimes, I was so stressed and just wanted them together so badly because I saw how perfect they would be. I ACHED for this!! There were times I teared up on the route, but the ending was utterly perfect. I was afraid Robin would let him slip away again but I am so glad that she finally made her decision. I don't know if I can even try another route now that I've gone through Dallas's, it would just feel wrong to me (because obviously they are OTP). Just wow.
All the detail in the game is stunning: from the message boards to the tremendous script to the unique characters. While the mini game did get tedious and it was frustrating to figure everything out, I think it was wonderfully executed. I honestly did not expect to love this game as much as I do, but it has captured my heart.

Excited to see new releases for this game and more projects in the future.
WIP: Kingdoms Collide (fantasy, otome, gxb)

SimpliDelirious

#156 Post by SimpliDelirious »

@theshrimplord
I really recommend that you play the others routes. I don't want to spoil anything for you but I just highly recommend the others as someone who wholly agrees with your opinion
Except for the OTP part xD

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#157 Post by riverbluesbear »

Dallas just wrecked me up in general. My love for that man is both terrifying and admirable lol it actually took me awhile to play the other routes because I didn't want Robin to romance anybody else xD

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#158 Post by Aleema »

Man, if you guys knew how much effort it took to make Dallas' path work ... how much I toiled over it ... It was all worth it if just one of you felt what I felt. Those two dummies!!

In other news, yes, Faust has been delayed. Everyone is getting pushed back a week. You can account for everything but real life, and real life bit me in the butt. I'm sorry.

We've also made official plans to include a new genre for Premium code peeps: Electronic Rock! :D

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#159 Post by Starling »

I'm so glad people seem to have enjoyed Emma as much as they have.

But it is true I wrote it 6 years ago, lol, and I'm sure some of the writing is a bit weak. I really need to go back and re-read it to see if I can work out some of the kinks without making any major changes. But truth is with stuff still needing to be written, any writing I do has to be for characters that need to be done still, so I'm not sure I will get to her. But I'm thankful for the feedback, nonetheless.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Archangelina

#160 Post by Archangelina »

Aleema wrote:...We've also made official plans to include a new genre for Premium code peeps: Electronic Rock! :D
Y'all are crazy XD Adding even more is wild, make sure not to overwork yourselves too much.

On a totally unrelated note, is Robin based on any celebrity? Honestly I just listen to P!nk on repeat when I play the game because her voice is EXACTLY what I imagine Robin's is like.

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#161 Post by riverbluesbear »

I definitely heard pink, too, her or Imogen Heap

Archangelina

#162 Post by Archangelina »

riverbluesbear wrote:I definitely heard pink, too, her or Imogen Heap
I honestly love that Imogen Heap idea because I've been looking for singers with deeper songs that sounds like Robin. If anyone is looking for a pop/alternative hc for Robin I think Tove Lo or Ke$ha could work.

I tried to come up with playlists for the different routes but I could only come up with
Sterling's
because I have approximately zero chill about that route lmao. I'm sorry I derailed this thread so much but if anyone wants to make the playlists w/ me pm me I think it could be really fun!!

Letitia_L
Regular
Projects: Up until the end
IRC Nick: Letitia
Tumblr: letigame
Deviantart: LetitiaLambrechts
itch: https://letigame.itc

#163 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi ! I played the three principles routes and I am here to give you my feedback ! ( Just to start : This game is just awesome !)

Which difficulty did you play the game on: Normal, Easy or Hard?
On normal
Which speed did you play the game on: Slowest, Slow, Default, Fast, or Fastest)?
On the first Playthrough : defaults, then I put it on Fast
What "Strength" did you give Robin at the beginning of the game: Music, Star Quality, Writing, or Nothing?
On the first Playthrough I chose music, then I chose Writing.
Which character route did you take first and why? Did you like it? Who are you interested in next?
I picked Dallas first but I must say, I was so dumb in his route ^^" I liked it, but when you need to have the talk "Revisiting Sterling", I just didn't succeed to have it at the first playthrough Oo Then I played the other two characters, first Emmit then Beau and FINALLY I came back to Dallas and understood that I had to talk to Emmit to unlock the dialogue I needed xD I felt so stupide, I have to admit ^^"
How was the game's balance? Did you feel everything was justly earned, or did you feel you rose in fame too quickly, or not quickly enough?
For me, it was well balanced .
Did you feel the game's objectives were clear, fair and given at good intervals? Or did you feel rushed and confused (if so, during which ones specifically)?
Nope, no problem on these.
Did you play the gig mini-game? Did you enjoy it, or wished you could skip it?
Yep I played it, but only on my first playthrough.
Did you like the music jukebox, or did you wish to turn it off? Would you ever consider personalizng the jukebox with your own music?
I didn't want to turn it off, and I liked the music on it. I must admit that I didn't think of puttingmy own music on it :o
Did you feel there were any places that you thought there should be more band chats or forum posts that reacted to recent events? Where?
Nope
Often did you "hang out" with your band members?
Pretty often, especially with the character I was romancing. I would say, two week end per month .
Did you win an AMP award? Did you win any pre-televised awards before the ceremony?
Yep I won the AMP award
Did the game's 800x600 resolution bother you?
No, but it would have been even better on on a higher resolution ^^
Were there any parts of the game that lagged, stuttered or slowed down for you?
Nope
What would you say was your least favorite part of the game, that needs the most improvement? What was your favorite part?
My least favorite part...hm...I can't find anything ^^"
For the favorite, I would say the romance scene ! ( especially with Beau, and I must admit, it surprised me, because it was the character I was the least interest into ^^ )
If you could add a feature or expand on an existing feature in the game, what would it be?
No idea ^^
Fun Question: What did you name your band? What genre was it?
I named it "Kickass" and it was an alternative genre.
Optional: What is your age and gender? Just curious about the game's audience.
I am a woman and I am 24 year old :)

Hope my feedback will help you !
And I can't wait to have the other routes released >< ( especially Wizz and Seth ^^)
WIP project
Completed project

CatyCats
Regular

#164 Post by CatyCats »

I left the Launch thing and gooood all my music is goneeeeeeeeeeeh Dx
Anyway, I joined 7th beat ( sorry, I don't really know the exact names) and when I want to play further it gives me this traceback.

I'll try choosing different choices and otherwise I'll load another file where I'm still in Launch :p
Attachments
traceback.txt
(29.8 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Mskenobi
Tumblr: http://glassnorouyadeunazuku.tum

#165 Post by Mskenobi »

Hi, I totally loved your game, loved Beus route above all, but for some reason i cant seem to complete Dallas route.
On january 28 i tend to finish the *selling 1 million copies mission* and get directly invited to play at the music festival.
On that day i never unlock the Roof events, either answer i choose.
My dallas affection is maxed out already, i never get Sterling III, so on the music prize day i get the notice that i failed Dallas route

Could you guys help me in what im doing wrong? I really wanna be able to completly finish this amazing game.

Thanks!