★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
yukki_13

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#76 Post by yukki_13 »

So after the update...it erased my whole progress and refuses to open story mode. I liked this game so i decided to report this problem.
Attachments
traceback.txt
(5.87 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

violetwhispers

#77 Post by violetwhispers »

Aleema wrote:
violetwhispers wrote:Help! I can't open the file! Says could not find file and it's missing.
On the side note, been waiting for this years back I'm glad it's out in public, even if it's beta :)
Try re-downloading it.
Still doesn't work and I tried re-downloading like 5 times already.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#78 Post by Aleema »

yukki_13 wrote:So after the update...it erased my whole progress and refuses to open story mode. I liked this game so i decided to report this problem.
Re-download the game. The update didn't work properly. Sorry.
violetwhispers wrote:
Aleema wrote:
violetwhispers wrote:Help! I can't open the file! Says could not find file and it's missing.
On the side note, been waiting for this years back I'm glad it's out in public, even if it's beta :)
Try re-downloading it.
Okay, you'll need to describe exactly what's happening on your end then.

violetwhispers

#79 Post by violetwhispers »

Aleema wrote:
violetwhispers wrote:
Okay, you'll need to describe exactly what's happening on your end then.
I'm using Winrar, so I downloaded it and when I first double clicked on the file on winrar, it said it there's an update even though the file never opened, so I just clicked yes for an update and kept doing the same thing for a while so I went back to the "main page", I saw the RockRobin icon so I clicked on it but what appeared was "Could not execute E:"\games\lib\windows-i686\RockRobin_Beta.exe. Is it missing?" Then I tired deleting them all and downloading it again, everything is the same, except the icon doesn't appear anymore after the first download.

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#80 Post by riverbluesbear »

I can't get on Beau's route at all xD lol I have no idea how every time the option comes up, I get Emmitt or Dallas T.T Maybe I'm not right for him lol

Shananigaaaans

#81 Post by Shananigaaaans »

Finally finished Beau'spath but... D:
Attachments
screenshot0010.png
screenshot0009.png

aviatrix8
Projects: Happy Ending? A Fairy Godmother VN

#82 Post by aviatrix8 »

riverbluesbear wrote:I can't get on Beau's route at all xD lol I have no idea how every time the option comes up, I get Emmitt or Dallas T.T Maybe I'm not right for him lol
I had this exact same problem when I first played the beta, lol.
Did you ride home with Dallas after the audition? You should refuse him and go home with the others instead. Then you'll get the option to romance Beau at the birthday party. (I only figured that out after looking at the walkthrough in the files with the game >.>)

Blackrose123

#83 Post by Blackrose123 »

I was able to complete all three routes. They are really fun especially for a college student doing a 10 paged paper. I tried doing a small fan art. I'm not a drawer by trade and Its the first time I am using paint tool sai so its not very good. I have been keeping an eye on this game ever since you released the game idea six years ago. I can't wait till its completely released. I found a small error when i clicked run away in memorabilia. Good luck.
Attachments
Momorabillia.png
Questionnaire.txt
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Robin.png

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#84 Post by riverbluesbear »

Ah! Thank you ^^

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#85 Post by Aleema »

0.65 is uploaded!

Image Image

Patch Notes:
- Added Emma
- Added Joel
- Increased game difficulty
- Restored game difficulty option
- Updated the walkthrough RTF file in the game directory
- Fixed Rose's crash
- Fixed Seth's firing bug
- Fixed Firing bug breaking saves
- Fixed commercials not deducting correct amount of money
- Fixed "dating_x" errors in Memorabilia
- Changed the wording of Dallas asking you if you want a ride
- Added a flag that says you already own all equipment at half-million equipment goals
- Added a missing branch when firing Collin while he's romanced
- Rewrote some of Collin's intro
- Unlocked 2 scenes in Collin's path that involve Penny
- Fixed typos

Emma was written by Starling! She's paranoid, she's homeless, and doesn't care what you think! Give her a try! :)

Joel was written by the lovely Alphonse. I had a writer's block with the poor guy, but Alphonse swooped in and took him under her wing. I really love how he turned out.

I also released 2 of Collin's scenes that I forgot to unlock. They involve Penny from Sebastian's storyline. I also rewrote some of his intro. I hadn't read it a long time. When you guys said you didn't like him I was like ??? but then I read his intro and I was like OH WOW. Yeah. That Collin doesn't represent the Collin I had in mind while writing his arc. Some minor changes, but Owen no longer drops out of high school and such. And now there's a separate reaction scene when firing Collin if you romanced him (thanks to Grotty for pointing that out).

Such is the problem with having so much time between starting and finishing these characters. I just re-read Wizz's intro the other day for the first time in a long time and laughed out loud at Robin attempting to argue over the internet. :lol: It's been a while.

The bug that broke your saves after firing someone is FIXED! Hallelujah! The problem was some old code that was calling scenes in a new context. Really shouldn't do that.

And to address the issue with not understanding how to unlock Beau, I've added a hint on that dialogue choice with Dallas. Now it should be clear who you'll end up riding with and hopefully people will naturally choose the character they're going to pursue ...

The Walkthroughs.rtf file now has the Open Mode characters that are released as well.

Blackrose123 wrote:I was able to complete all three routes. They are really fun especially for a college student doing a 10 paged paper. I tried doing a small fan art. I'm not a drawer by trade and Its the first time I am using paint tool sai so its not very good. I have been keeping an eye on this game ever since you released the game idea six years ago. I can't wait till its completely released. I found a small error when i clicked run away in memorabilia. Good luck.
Awwwwww! Robin is so cute! I love the colors in her hair! :D You're so sweet, thank you.
violetwhispers wrote:I'm using Winrar, so I downloaded it and when I first double clicked on the file on winrar, it said it there's an update even though the file never opened, so I just clicked yes for an update and kept doing the same thing for a while so I went back to the "main page", I saw the RockRobin icon so I clicked on it but what appeared was "Could not execute E:"\games\lib\windows-i686\RockRobin_Beta.exe. Is it missing?" Then I tired deleting them all and downloading it again, everything is the same, except the icon doesn't appear anymore after the first download.
It may be your Anti-virus program blocking it. Disable your anti-virus stuff or add the folder to the whitelist, maybe? That, or your computer username has non-ASCII characters in it.
Shananigaaaans wrote:Finally finished Beau'spath but... D:
I'm going to sincerely hope that's because you started your playthrough before the 0.60 update? Please tell me that. :o

selenity136
Regular

#86 Post by selenity136 »

For the OM walkthrough file, does that mean we have to re-download the zip file to get it?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#87 Post by Aleema »

selenity136 wrote:For the OM walkthrough file, does that mean we have to re-download the zip file to get it?
I honestly don't know. Here's the file if you want it.

selenity136
Regular

#88 Post by selenity136 »

I finished Emma's path and it was really touching. I love how she annoys
Basty
a lot too.

So I decided to fire Emma and I got this error.
Attachments
firing emma.txt
(12.2 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Shananigaaaans

#89 Post by Shananigaaaans »

Aleema wrote:I'm going to sincerely hope that's because you started your playthrough before the 0.60 update? Please tell me that. :o
Sadly, no. :( I already updated it to 0.60 when I played Dallas' & Beau's path again. I also just finished Dallas' path but it's still missing scenes from the memorabilia. I also played through August but I haven't met Faust again. I only met him once. Is this suppose to happen or did I miss something?
Attachments
I played it again last April 14 which I already updated to 0.60. I updated it last April 8 when Collin & Rose was released.
I played it again last April 14 which I already updated to 0.60. I updated it last April 8 when Collin & Rose was released.
screenshot0016.png
screenshot0015.png
screenshot0014.png

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#90 Post by Aleema »

@selenity136: Thank you! That will be fixed in the next update.
Shananigaaaans wrote:Sadly, no. :( I already updated it to 0.60 when I played Dallas' & Beau's path again. I also just finished Dallas' path but it's still missing scenes from the memorabilia.
I'll have to look into this. What's funny is everything that used to NOT unlock that I had to unlock manually is unlocking, but not everything else. So the main unlocking mechanic may not be working.
Shananigaaaans wrote:I also played through August but I haven't met Faust again. I only met him once. Is this suppose to happen or did I miss something?
You meet him once at the bachelorette party, and then twice while shopping (you must be shopping in game).

STILL ... glad that the major issues with the game is just some meta extras stuff. Nothing hugely game breaking yet. :)