★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#1 Post by Aleema »

Image Image Image Image
Official Website | Official Game Forum | Previous WIP Thread

Customize your band | Shop for gifts for your bandmates | Find out what others think of your music
Design your own album covers | Play gigs and get bonuses with the mini-game | Upgrade your gear and housing
I need everyone's help in testing the game! I'm looking for bugs and tweaks I can make to improve the game. I'm happy to receive any kind of feedback, such as if you liked the story, characters, etc but I won't be re-writing a lot because I want the game to be finished.

We've decided against rushing everyone out and dealing with a thousand bugs at once (that would be the worst) so we're rolling out the content over time. Story Mode is complete in content, however, and is playable right now. Open Mode characters will be released when they are completed, like free DLC.
THIS IS A BETA. THERE WILL BE BUGS. SAVED GAMES MAY BE CORRUPTED. If you want a very smooth experience, this is probably not the time to jump in. You're more than welcome, but you've been warned.

Helpful things you can do for me as a tester:
  • Attach a traceback to your post for any game-breaking errors and describe the scenario you were in when it triggered.
  • If you catch a typo, I wanna know about it!
  • Refrain from modding the game your first time through.
  • There is a questionnaire attached to this post that you can fill out if you're not sure what kind of feedback to give.
  • For some reason everyone PMs me their bug reports & feedback but I'd rather that be public so people can know what is already reported. If you don't feel comfortable with that, that's okay. You can still PM me.
FAQ
My game won't launch / crashes immediately.
This is likely a problem with your video drivers / video card or you have a corrupted download.

Where are the rollback/game menu buttons on screen?
You'll need to use keyboard/mouse buttons. The mousewheel or PageUp/Down buttons work for rolling back and the ESC key or right-click brings up the game menu. All of the game's controls can be viewed from the "Help" screen on the main menu.

Who's that guy on the Open-Ended Mode graphic?
You'll find out when I release that mode's story next week!

The Open Mode characters don't have anything to say.
They're probably not released yet.

Will I be able to continue playing my band that I made in Story Mode after the ending?
Not right now, but I am thinking of making a cheat code where you can enter to play Story Mode endlessly.

Why can't I scroll down the thread on the Public Opinion forum?
It is a fake thread. You will only ever be able to see 2 posts in every thread.

It's taking a long time to generate $1,000,000 in CD sales.
Your CDs sell more if you're more popular, meaning you should probably play more gigs.

Certain things in the story happen no matter what I do!
These are pre-determined and won't change. They are there for character growth and to account for Open-Ended Mode.

How do I mod the game?
Instructions are here.

Why doesn't the music being played in the gigs reflect the actual instruments I have in my band?
The amount of time it would take to accomplish that outweighs how much that would add to the game.

Can I accidentally romance other characters?
Not in Story Mode. You pick your romance path early on at Sophia's party ("Who do I want to hang out with?") and you can only fail that character's path from then on. So you don't have to ignore the other band members. :)

What happened to the characters that I met in Story Mode that just disappeared? (Wizz, etc.)
These are band recruits for Open Mode that you are unlocking for later. Once they are officially released (see release schedule above) and you recruit them in Open-Ended Mode, their story arc will begin to trigger.

Why is this game free?
Because we started this game 6 years ago when commercial VNs were barely a thing and quality otome/EVNs were few and far between. Also, I built this game with a lot of resources with strict non-commercial licenses.

I'm getting an error about "mini_Faust_love.png" whenever I try to save/load.
There was an error while updating that didn't let the GUI files update. Follow instructions here to fix it, or re-download the game. Sorry!

Known Bugs
- Arrow in tutorial goes under stat bar
- Skipping in mini-games breaks them
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
Optional survey about your experience with the beta.
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Last edited by Aleema on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 27 times in total.

selenity136
Regular

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#2 Post by selenity136 »

Bug: When you showcase Robin's baby, on the gig screen when the band is playing, you can see the coding on that one with Robin flickering on and off. The game continues after that.

Also, tried opening the memo. after completing Emmitt's path. This is what I got.
Attachments
opening memo.txt
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Last edited by selenity136 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Aleema »

Oh, haha. I didn't write the correct file name for her sprite. I'll include that in tonight's update. :) Thank you. (You're already so far in the game!)

selenity136
Regular

#4 Post by selenity136 »

Yup! I finished one's path. Also, is Open Mode safe to play? I saw that it's a skeleton and I wasn't sure if it will be alright to play around there since it doesn't have a story to it yet.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Aleema »

You can play around in it. No biggie. Nothing happens really.

Lyhra
Regular
Tumblr: nami-stuff

#6 Post by Lyhra »

I downloaded the beta this morning and i'm still playing the game and enjoying it sooo much. For now I haven't encountered any mistake, i may have overlooked them though, or bug.

selenity136
Regular

#7 Post by selenity136 »

Aleema wrote:You can play around in it. No biggie. Nothing happens really.
I'm filthy rich in open mode that it's not even funny. I have almost $4 mil in total. Though I have been working the members to death chugging out songs left and right. But other than that, I don't know what to do with all this money just sitting here ^^. Though I know I can use them on gifts but even then, I wish there was more stuff in the music store or decor for your pad.

Will there be like an annual AMP awards in open mode? I feel like I need a purpose right now ^^".

Oh, I tried adding Seth but it gave me a traceback.
Attachments
adding seth.txt
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Sferzato

#8 Post by Sferzato »

Clicked on Public Opinion in Story Mode. Got an error screen but I could ignore it and just go on.
Attachments
public opnion.txt
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

selenity136
Regular

#9 Post by selenity136 »

Got an error on Beau's path right after the battle scene. Clicking ignore still allows the game to progress.
Attachments
beau error.txt
(14.81 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Aleema »

Sferzato wrote:Clicked on Public Opinion in Story Mode. Got an error screen but I could ignore it and just go on.
Ah, that would be the elusive ’ symbol! Thanks for finding it the hard way! :mrgreen:

Seth and Beau's errors are actually really easy to fix. Nice.

selenity136
Regular

#11 Post by selenity136 »

So...downloading the new update killed the open mode save I had :( But my story mode save works when I clicked on it.
Attachments
traceback.txt
(913 Bytes) Downloaded 60 times

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Aleema »

selenity, could you explain how you got that error? It's from you being in the music shop buying drums, but it couldn't find a drums player, so I'm curious if it's someone specific triggering this.

selenity136
Regular

#13 Post by selenity136 »

Which error? Is it the open memobrilia one or the open mode one? If it's open mode, I believe I added Marcus to the group but I didn't add him to drums, but rather to guitar or bass. I also had Emmett in the group as well.

And I don't know if I didn't made a save file, but I didn't see any of the characters I unlocked from Beau's or Emmitt's path. I also didn't see Wizz as well :(. I don't remember what OM characters I had, but they were Marcus, Joel and Natasha.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Aleema »

I made an update to how OM characters are unlocked between updates, so you may need to unlock them again. Sorry. :(

Pace

#15 Post by Pace »

On the extended play through ver 0.54 When upgrading keyboard for Natasha.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/planner.rpy", line 570, in script call
  File "game/code/misc/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 308, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 913, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 940, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 839, in script
Exception: Sayer 'n' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/planner.rpy", line 570, in script call
  File "game/code/misc/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 308, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 913, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 940, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 839, in script
  File "D:\games\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ast.py", line 584, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "D:\games\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ast.py", line 501, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'n' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227