★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#271 Post by Aleema »

inquisitivegarnet wrote:
Aleema wrote:
inquisitivegarnet wrote:I'm having a hard time trying to trigger Xander's ability to hangout. I'm not sure if it's because i'm not reaching a specific goal or if a flag didn't trigger and the walkthrough doesn't say anything about it. Please help
Release a CD and watch the scene w/Xander, go to the band meeting and see Xander's new look. Talk to him. :) That should help.
I did do that and his new look is there and everything but that also reminds me of another thing that may or may not be a problem: he never has anything to talk about. i've never had band meeting chat with him. it's perpetually "nothing right now".

also, while i'm at it, i got an error when what's his face from the big bad label comes in and bullies sebby when he addressed Xander. i'm assuming its because his lines are missing but here's the trace text anyways
Thanks for letting me know about that trackback! I'll fix that here soon. You'll need to hit "ignore" twice to skip this and continue.

His hang out unlocks from a band chat ... If you've never had any band chat with him ... I have two guesses. First guess is that you recruited Xander in a band that already existed pre-patch. His conversations were added into a list that only initializes once when you create a new band. If that's not the case, maybe certain files didn't update in your game. Hopefully a clean re-download will fix this.

Jackrabbit

#272 Post by Jackrabbit »

Whoo, an update packed with treats! I like having more places to rent, the apartment in particular is so pretty~ And the addition to song names is super fun, I always love seeing the unique things everyone come up with.
I went ahead and tried Xander's route, and even though it's shorter than the others, I loved it. It's sorta like Faust's route done right - the drama here still feels grounded and relevant to the relationship without being a plot device or Freudian excuse. And I really liked how it took time for it to grow into a proper relationship, with Robin and Xander bonding over shared interests and spending time together getting comfortable in each other's space. Xander is a sweetheart and good person in general and it was a real pleasure seeing how he gradually opened up and showed his true colors, if you'll excuse the pun.

I did run into a repeat of the memorabilia issue - the scenes after Pizazz II did not unlock for me, although I run through them twice.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#273 Post by Aleema »

Jackrabbit wrote:Whoo, an update packed with treats! I like having more places to rent, the apartment in particular is so pretty~ And the addition to song names is super fun, I always love seeing the unique things everyone come up with.
I went ahead and tried Xander's route, and even though it's shorter than the others, I loved it. It's sorta like Faust's route done right - the drama here still feels grounded and relevant to the relationship without being a plot device or Freudian excuse. And I really liked how it took time for it to grow into a proper relationship, with Robin and Xander bonding over shared interests and spending time together getting comfortable in each other's space. Xander is a sweetheart and good person in general and it was a real pleasure seeing how he gradually opened up and showed his true colors, if you'll excuse the pun.

I did run into a repeat of the memorabilia issue - the scenes after Pizazz II did not unlock for me, although I run through them twice.
Glad you liked it! Xander and Faust were indeed written by the same person (mostly) so it makes sense that they're sorta similar.

The memorabilia problem - actually, that's my fault. I needed to declare them as unlocked and I forgot. :?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#274 Post by Aleema »

Uploading ver.0.86
- Emmitt's point change happens at the end of confession now, not the beginning
- Xander's alternate look shows up when recording songs now
- Unlocked the premium houses (sorry!)
- Prevented the footlights/screen dialogue from repeating
- Made scenes with Sebastian sensitive to his story disappearance
- Refreshed Xander's Memorabilia page so it will start over from scratch (sorry again!)
- Fixed crashes related to Xander
- Marcus now increases relationship points with gifts
- Robin doesn't refer to Emmitt as her boyfriend just yet
- Fixed CD releasing crashes
- Typos

flawedbydesign

#275 Post by flawedbydesign »

I cannot get Xander's New Person (Friendship) scene to unlock.

If Xander is in the band and you are dating Wizz it crashes when everyone is agreeing that they are happy that you are finally together. And on the friendship route for 'Pizazz! Interrupts' it says Pizazz is talking instead of Sebastian when he says something along the lines of "I cannot be held accountable for what a real rock band does to your pretty face."

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#276 Post by Aleema »

flawedbydesign wrote:I cannot get Xander's New Person (Friendship) scene to unlock.

If Xander is in the band and you are dating Wizz it crashes when everyone is agreeing that they are happy that you are finally together. And on the friendship route for 'Pizazz! Interrupts' it says Pizazz is talking instead of Sebastian when he says something along the lines of "I cannot be held accountable for what a real rock band does to your pretty face."
I just updated the game (literally, just a few minutes ago) so that the scene unlocks now. Try again, I'm sorry! Good catch with the name mismatches, though. No one else caught that until just now.

Edit: just to confirm, you are seeing the scene, the slot just won't appear in Memorabilia?

flawedbydesign

#277 Post by flawedbydesign »

no, I am not seeing the scene at all...I have full meter, the smiley face has hearts and everything, but it just never happens. It has been about a year since he returned hanging out at least once a weekend.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#278 Post by Aleema »

flawedbydesign wrote:no, I am not seeing the scene at all...I have full meter, the smiley face has hearts and everything, but it just never happens. It has been about a year since he returned hanging out at least once a weekend.
Jeez, a year? *checks* ooooops. I accidentally had the scene require that you've scene his first date scene. O_O That's not right. I will be fixing that in the next patch. Sorry!!

lunafreya

#279 Post by lunafreya »

Is it okay to post questions here? How do I start Dallas' route? There's no option to hang out with him during the birthday gig.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#280 Post by Aleema »

lunafreya wrote:Is it okay to post questions here? How do I start Dallas' route? There's no option to hang out with him during the birthday gig.
Accept his ride after auditions. ;)

lunafreya

#281 Post by lunafreya »

I did, actually. Something else I have to do?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#282 Post by Aleema »

Nope, that's it ... Which options are you seeing? Beau and Emmitt? I'll look into it when I go home.

lunafreya

#283 Post by lunafreya »

Dallas, Emmit and No One. I picked 'No One', since I suspected that might get me to hang out with him, but there were no new scenes or anything.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#284 Post by Aleema »

lunafreya wrote:Dallas, Emmit and No One. I picked 'No One', since I suspected that might get me to hang out with him, but there were no new scenes or anything.
Did you mis-type that? I thought you were aiming for Dallas.

lunafreya

#285 Post by lunafreya »

Uh yeah, my bad. Emmit, Beau and No One.