★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
NeryNight
Regular
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#61 Post by NeryNight »

I finished the game a second time. This time I was able to get Beau's ending because I actually unlocked Seth instead of ignoring him. But even though I saw all the scenes the memorabilia page didn't show them all. Well, I didn't see "Mrs. LeMay II." The walk-through says it happens in June of Year 2, but the game end before June (May 30).

P.D. I really enjoyed the story. I'm looking forward to see what happens in the expanded story when it's released. Great job.

Snow Fluke

#62 Post by Snow Fluke »

When I wanted to promote my Singles album with commercials I immediately reggreted this decision because they cost a lot more than 8000. I was in debt at least 3 times because of that before i noticed. It was something like that:

Commercials sound like a good idea for promotion
screenshot0002.png
What have I done? Where did my money go? Damn you hidden costs!
screenshot0003.png
Every time... I checked the commercials prices for full album and they are fine.

I'm done with Beau and I almost finished replaying Emmitt. After that I will check if memorabilia is ok.

And some parts from Beau path
1. Bar Boyfriend "Who was he trying be, acting..." trying to be
2. talk before christmas "I am saved lodging expenses" I have saved? I'm not sure, but I'm certain that "I am saved" is wrong
3. After the first encounter with Seth "As I reached adjust the knobs..." reached to
4. Talking to Beau about Money: Without the all the gimmicks..." double the
5. After Robin talked with Beaus mother "Heavy breaths coarsed through my body as i looked up a the tall..." at the
6. Date with Beau (Cafe) "I had no doubt he was capable of many a scary thing." many scary things
7. AMP Awards Beau path, when Robin was getting ready "I tried to reverse what he'd done, but it was was time to go." Double was
8. AMP after explanation why Robin don't want to play back to back with Shocker Millennium "Beau placed his hand over mind and squeezed." over mine

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#63 Post by Zelan »

Just encountered an error after finishing the Story Mode play through for the first time, on Emmitt's route. I went into Robin's Memorabilia and clicked the "Ending" scene and got this error message.

Code: Select all

[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/story_mode/story.rpy", line 10008, in script
  File "game/code/story_mode/story.rpy", line 10008, in <module>
NameError: name 'dating_dallas' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/story_mode/story.rpy", line 10008, in script
  File "/Users/Zelan/Desktop/RockRobin_Beta-all/renpy/ast.py", line 1648, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "/Users/Zelan/Desktop/RockRobin_Beta-all/renpy/python.py", line 1606, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "/Users/Zelan/Desktop/RockRobin_Beta-all/renpy/python.py", line 1601, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/code/story_mode/story.rpy", line 10008, in <module>
NameError: name 'dating_dallas' is not defined

Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

[/code]

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by try10 »

So... I've got some trouble again with the memorabilia. I finished Emmitt's route, but when I check out the memorabilia there are no scenes unlocked /everything is ??? except for the ending and the running away part.

Shananigaaaans

#65 Post by Shananigaaaans »

Cant finish Dallas' path & Beau's path. :/ The awards night was too early. I read some posts and I wonder if I could know what the last flags are so as not to activate them. Thanks. :D Also, when I first started the game the Memorabilia opens a traceback file but I just ignored it then played. Then I updated it and memorabilia finally works but there were no memories. D: But I loaded a saved file
and finished it til awards night then there were the memories of the awards night. Does that mean I have to play it all over again to get it? I mean, Seth didn't appear at the open ending story so I loaded the save file where Seth auditions and I just waited for the message where he has been unlocked and went back to open mode and found him there.

Also, there are some scenes where the bgm disappears when you roll back. I haven't noted them sorry. :( I just rolled back until the music starts.

Then, the pictures below are when I fired Seth, the text box about him being fired didn't disappear.

P.S. Can I just say the bassline at indie pop is AMAZIIIING! It sounds more funk rock. Makes me think of Flea from RHCP. Almost chose the indie pop. Almost. I'm just in love with alternative more. <3
Attachments
traceback.txt
This is the one where the game crashes after loading. One of the many though I didn't save them all.
(6.73 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Questionnaire.txt
(4.35 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
screenshot0012.png
screenshot0013.png
failed to fire seth (open story mode).txt
Wizz had some kind of farewell so I thought maybe Seth had one too and encountered this.
(6.73 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

lo6otia

#66 Post by lo6otia »

Wow, you're burning through 72 save slots? Well, you can always go forward an infinite amount of pages (you aren't capped) so you can get more that way.

Faust appears after April 1st in your 2nd year and then subsequently when you go shopping.
My bad - I didn't see previous/next buttons in the save menu. Now I'm relieved hahaha
So it seems I've missed Faust in my second run because I was so successful that the AMP took place in March and the game was over. Hm, I have to play worse...

Anyway, I played Emmitt's path - it was fun, but I feel like Robin was not acting like I would act most of the time, so I didn't enjoy it like Dallas' path. And I went for Sterling and omg so many mixed feelings - you really did a good job writing Robin, Dallas and Sterling. I was really in her shoes, so thumbs up.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play again until the end of next week due to some real life stuff, but I'll be back for Beau and open mode :)

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#67 Post by ludeshka »

Ouch, the only bug I found was reported already, so, I'll just attach my questionnaire and not take up much space.
Just let me say this game is super impressive, and I really love Beau's storyline. :)
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

violetwhispers

#68 Post by violetwhispers »

Help! I can't open the file! Says could not find file and it's missing.
On the side note, been waiting for this years back I'm glad it's out in public, even if it's beta :)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#69 Post by Aleema »

Oh jeez. I wasn't getting emails so I have a lot to reply to. I was wondering why everyone was so quiet. :shock:
Snow Fluke wrote:When I wanted to promote my Singles album with commercials I immediately reggreted this decision because they cost a lot more than 8000. I was in debt at least 3 times because of that before i noticed.
Oh no! :mrgreen: I think I know why this happens. I'm sorry. I'll fix in the next patch.
NeryNight wrote:I finished the game a second time. This time I was able to get Beau's ending because I actually unlocked Seth instead of ignoring him. But even though I saw all the scenes the memorabilia page didn't show them all. Well, I didn't see "Mrs. LeMay II." The walk-through says it happens in June of Year 2, but the game end before June (May 30).
The game ends based on how you play. It sucks that I have to punish people who are good at the game with less scenes, but then you'd be unhappy if there was a long period of time with no scenes. Unsure how to solve this problem.
Zelan wrote:Just encountered an error after finishing the Story Mode play through for the first time, on Emmitt's route. I went into Robin's Memorabilia and clicked the "Ending" scene and got this error message.
This happened while you were playing, or only when you went to view the scene in Memorabilia? (either way, I think I know what the problem is! thanks!)
try10 wrote:So... I've got some trouble again with the memorabilia. I finished Emmitt's route, but when I check out the memorabilia there are no scenes unlocked /everything is ??? except for the ending and the running away part.
Sounds like you started your Emmitt playthrough before I made the changes to Memorabilia in Ver. 0.60. I'm sorry.
Shananigaaaans wrote:Cant finish Dallas' path & Beau's path. :/ The awards night was too early. I read some posts and I wonder if I could know what the last flags are so as not to activate them. Thanks. :D Also, when I first started the game the Memorabilia opens a traceback file but I just ignored it then played. Then I updated it and memorabilia finally works but there were no memories. D: But I loaded a saved file
and finished it til awards night then there were the memories of the awards night. Does that mean I have to play it all over again to get it?
Stop being such a good player! :mrgreen:

Yes, Memorabilia is now handled in a new way to fix those pesky bugs. So your old scene data is gone, but your unlocks should remain.
Shananigaaaans wrote:Also, there are some scenes where the bgm disappears when you roll back. I haven't noted them sorry. :( I just rolled back until the music starts.
No idea how to fix this. :(

And that's such a weird Seth bug. I'll look into that.

Thank you for playing the game!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and the music selection. :D
lo6otia wrote:
Faust appears after April 1st in your 2nd year and then subsequently when you go shopping.
My bad - I didn't see previous/next buttons in the save menu. Now I'm relieved hahaha
So it seems I've missed Faust in my second run because I was so successful that the AMP took place in March and the game was over. Hm, I have to play worse...
I hate that you guys have to play worse to see all the content. Would you guys be okay with me fixing the AMPs to a specific date? Should I make the game more difficult? That would potentially mean a drought of story scenes, but nothing would be cut off accidentally. :|
violetwhispers wrote:Help! I can't open the file! Says could not find file and it's missing.
On the side note, been waiting for this years back I'm glad it's out in public, even if it's beta :)
Try re-downloading it.
ludeshka wrote:Ouch, the only bug I found was reported already, so, I'll just attach my questionnaire and not take up much space.
Just let me say this game is super impressive, and I really love Beau's storyline. :)
I'm very happy you liked the storyline for Beau. After writing it, I saw the same story hook being used everywhere else so I felt it might be boring.
ludeshka wrote:I had more trouble waiting with the "Recording" part than with the minigame. Absolutely cannot do the timed version, but I'm good enough with the other one.
I wanted to add a small mini-game here, but I ran out of time. I'll try to cook up something in between characters!
ludeshka wrote:Maybe it would be cool if the Open Ended Mode acknowledged if you were in a romance path before.
It's going to! :D I'm not done writing everyone's version yet. This will be released in June.

Shananigaaaans

#70 Post by Shananigaaaans »

aleema wrote:I hate that you guys have to play worse to see all the content. Would you guys be okay with me fixing the AMPs to a specific date? Should I make the game more difficult? That would potentially mean a drought of story scenes, but nothing would be cut off accidentally. :|
Specific date, please! :D Drought of story scenes would probably be a little monotonous to the gameplay. Just a suggestion though. :D
Attachments
while shopping in open mode.txt
Traceback file I encountered. Dunno if this helps though. :/
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Last edited by Shananigaaaans on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Aleema »

Shananigaaaans wrote:
aleema wrote:I hate that you guys have to play worse to see all the content. Would you guys be okay with me fixing the AMPs to a specific date? Should I make the game more difficult? That would potentially mean a drought of story scenes, but nothing would be cut off accidentally. :|
Specific date, please! :D Drought of story scenes would probably be a little monotonous to the gameplay. Just a suggestion though. :D
Both of my suggestions would lead to a story drought. If it's a specific date, you'll complete all the objectives and then have nothing to do but just wait for a date, which may be as much as a year away (worst case scenario). Making the game harder would mean all other objectives would take longer to complete so less story happens in between each objective. And that's ideally. I don't know if making the game harder would actually do what I want it to do.

selenity136
Regular

#72 Post by selenity136 »

Does the story scenes have to be at a specific date? I know some are necessary like the NYE, X-mas and Valentine's day, but for the others, could they correlate more with the popularity? Or maybe in the objectives box, you can show the max. weeks remaining that people have to finish an objective?

Instead of telling us we have 3 weeks, it could be like 10 weeks from now. Would it make the game easier? Yes. But I also believe that it won't force players to focus solely on the objectives and getting that out of the way as soon as possible.

Perhaps it might be easier to add more friendship scenes in the main story? I often find myself only hanging out with the romance instead of focusing on the other 2. So if you're worried about the whole story delay, we got the hangouts with the other 2 to focus.

Vatalanii

#73 Post by Vatalanii »

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/bg.rpy", line 260, in script
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/bg.rpy", line 260, in script
  File "C:\Users\Kelly\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.474\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\execution.py", line 54, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

Ever since I played the game once and close the window, this has been popping up every time I opened it.

Also, hello! I love your game!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#74 Post by Aleema »

selenity136 wrote:Does the story scenes have to be at a specific date? I know some are necessary like the NYE, X-mas and Valentine's day, but for the others, could they correlate more with the popularity? Or maybe in the objectives box, you can show the max. weeks remaining that people have to finish an objective?
That already happens with the main story. I guess I can make the recruitable character intros happen after story objectives (but that would clump all the scenes together with even less in between), but that still leaves the romance scenes. There are more of those than objectives ...
selenity136 wrote:Perhaps it might be easier to add more friendship scenes in the main story? I often find myself only hanging out with the romance instead of focusing on the other 2. So if you're worried about the whole story delay, we got the hangouts with the other 2 to focus.
I would love to do that, but ... I have other content I need to complete within the release schedule. I don't have time. :(

If extending the warning from 3 weeks to 10 weeks will help anything, I will do it.
Vatalanii wrote:Ever since I played the game once and close the window, this has been popping up every time I opened it.

Also, hello! I love your game!
Hello! Have you changed the time on your computer recently? It may be related ... Otherwise, I don't know.

Shananigaaaans

#75 Post by Shananigaaaans »

Aleema wrote:Both of my suggestions would lead to a story drought. If it's a specific date, you'll complete all the objectives and then have nothing to do but just wait for a date, which may be as much as a year away (worst case scenario). Making the game harder would mean all other objectives would take longer to complete so less story happens in between each objective. And that's ideally. I don't know if making the game harder would actually do what I want it to do.
Oh, I thought it would be for a month or two. Then, I guess making the game harder would be better?

Also, while playing in Open mode, I replaced Owen with Marcus then went to my room in-game to the menu where the options are managing band, shopping; saved, then when I loaded my saved filed, it says Jammy is fired when I haven't even fired her. She's with my band but I didn't fire her. Then I created another band, I replaced Owen again with Marcus and a week has gone by in-game, saved it but this time it loads where I fired Owen.