★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#196 Post by Aleema »

riverbluesbear wrote:Version 0.72, I think.
As for the other thing, I played through until August of the second year, almost to September.
I just checked and Alessandro is on Beau's path. :mrgreen:

Can anyone else confirm that the updating feature is broken? I accidentally deleted my old version so I can't test myself.

Archangelina

#197 Post by Archangelina »

YESSSS! Oh my gosh this was totally worth staying up for I can't wait omg ;-;

Aleema wrote:
riverbluesbear wrote:Version 0.72, I think.
As for the other thing, I played through until August of the second year, almost to September.
I just checked and Alessandro is on Beau's path. :mrgreen:

Can anyone else confirm that the updating feature is broken? I accidentally deleted my old version so I can't test myself.
My update button worked fine- the only problem is Faust's memorabilia is now titled ????. I'm still able to recruit him so it's not a gamebreaker or anything.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#198 Post by Aleema »

Archangelina wrote:My update button worked fine- the only problem is Faust's memorabilia is now titled ????. I'm still able to recruit him so it's not a gamebreaker or anything.
Yeah, whenever I release a character from now on, their scenes are going to reset. It's the only way to update that list because it's hard coded into your computer.

Imprexia

#199 Post by Imprexia »

Aleema wrote: Sounds nasty! I'll look into it.

Faust will be up later tonight. :D
Looking forward to it! On another note, one tiny bug; in open mode, Seth's name reads as 'Sterling' when Dominic comes to try and poach him from your band

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#200 Post by Aleema »

That should be fixed in the new version ...

Imprexia

#201 Post by Imprexia »

Aleema wrote:That should be fixed in the new version ...
Odd... Maybe I launched from the wrong folder? Minor edit again haha I think I'm addicted to your game : in Collin's route after the confrontation with Grace, there's a line with a minor typo. Went something like "But tachere shouldn't be even a drop of fear" - I assume that was supposed to be there? Playing Faust's route now; can't wait for more~

CatyCats
Regular

#202 Post by CatyCats »

I also had a problem with updating it. It had the words windows... but I just deleted the old version, downloaded the new version and everything is fine. Also I didn't lose anything. I still got my memories, saves, pics, archievements,...

Anyway: I love the buttons, I liked them before since they were sooo colorful but the new buttons shows more realness. And the lettertype fits! ^^

I loved Collin, I'm still playing other routes. I once had an error with Bruno and the glasses girl. When they were mad and I should give them stuff they liked, their "I like you" meter didn't went up. I just fired them then. (I'm sorry, I don't either have the tracebacks.. but when I do in the future, I will let them explode on this post. ;) )

Can't wait for wizz though I'm patient since this game is totally worth the wait! Kickass heroine that atleast has a mind then a sweet princess heroine in otome games
Love your work!

Snow Fluke

#203 Post by Snow Fluke »

I finally managed to play the newest update yay! :D I really like Faust, he's a cool guy, little unpredictable but he was interesting.
Unfortunately I'm in no condition to search for mistakes beacouse I'm sleep deprived and I will stay like this for at least a week (damn you exams...), but I managed to find a spelling one. I didn't run into any errors yet.
scene with the lingerie: "...and his hand glanced along the silk..." - I think it's supposed to be "traced"

GreatestDownfall

#204 Post by GreatestDownfall »

I'm really, really love this game! I think I've spent waaaay too many hours playing it in the past few days.
I updated to version 0.75 and tried out Faust's romance path right away, but after I tried to save I got the attached error about his mini band icon. Now I can't load or save any of my games at all... :cry:
Attachments
traceback.txt
(8.03 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#205 Post by Aleema »

Re-download the game or find "gui.rpa" in your game folder and delete it. Rename "gui.rpa.new" to "gui.rpa". It was a problem while updating.

seulgi08

#206 Post by seulgi08 »

I really like this game. So far my favorite route was Beau's, but I found myself at least liking all the routes, which was a big surprise.
I especially love the 'friendship routes' with Natasha and Alessandro in Open Mode. Al was such a sweetheart and I just liked him sooo much, I wanted to recruit him every time. He was very likable and his route is so sweet. And I liked seeing Robin and Natasha letting go of their past bad feelings (I don't know if this is the right word, but it's the closest I can get) and come to slowly building a positive friendship with each other. (And fuck yeah, to positive female friendships in general! I love that you managed to add that in.) And the make-up brand thing was genius and I really loved it.
I'm really looking forward to when this game is complete.

I've noticed some errors and typos while playing and recorded them. They are described below. Note that my Rock Robin game app is up to date (version 0.75) and all errors enlisted below occur on the newest version.

Errors:
- All Faust scenes have a ??? in memorabilia, despite that I unlocked all his story mode scenes to recruit him and have completed all openmode scenes up to the romance path prompt in that scene called "Close Encounter". [See faust_screenshot.jpg]
- I have also recruited Alessandro and finished his route (got the achievement) yet his name doesn't come up in Memorabilia. I think he's still ??? [See faust_screenshot.jpg]
- Before update, I was able to have conversations with Wizz in the Band Meeting place (especially right after we recruit him). However, after the update, I was unable to converse with him anymore. Not sure if this intentional or not?
- In open mode, after I clicked on romantic branch option in the Close Encounter scene and when I tried to save, an error message pops up. I've attached traceback_01.txt to this post as well as screenshot (screenshot2.jpg) of the error message. All attempts afterwards to access the save or load screen causes this message to pop up every time.
- In another playthrough before this one but after the update, (I think it was storymode and I was pursuing Dallas's route) game popped up with an error message in Oct Year 1. I was making a single and changing the cover art when this error happened. An attempt to rollback caused the game to quit unexpectedly, while hitting ignore allowed you to go on. Still any further attempts to save or load, caused this error message to pop up. See traceback_02.txt to view error message.

Typos:
- In the forum post titled "Child Support" on Faust's route there's this sentence: OMG that was my from the future! Replace my >>> me.
- I wen to take the phone, with every intention of keeping it on me until I saw him again ... >> went

Some questions:
- Is it possible to release a single that tops the charts? I have released singles with when our band has pretty high popularity (900+) and the single itself is four stars, but didn't even manage to get in the top five. Song popularity (the little bar after the song title) is pretty high as well, at least 3/4 of the way through or a classic. I'm stumped. Is there some other quality I'm missing?
- Is it possible to get into the AMPS in open mode?
Attachments
screenshot2.JPG
traceback_02.txt
(10.74 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
traceback_01.txt
(20.33 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
faust_screenshot.JPG

cloud9

#207 Post by cloud9 »

Open mode: when I fire someone and hire someone else, even if I save the game, when I load it, it goes back to the last save before the person left the band.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#208 Post by Aleema »

So there may be an issue with Faust's Memorabilia. I'm going to look into that and his achievement not triggering.

If any of you are getting an error about a missing "Faust_love.png" image:
  • Go into your game folder, find gui.rpa
  • Delete gui.rpa and find gui.new.rpa
  • Rename it "gui.rpa"
Otherwise, re-downloading the game will fix this as well. It is a failed update that is causing this error. I'm very sorry!
Last edited by Aleema on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lo6otia

#209 Post by lo6otia »

I've got the same issue with Faust's Memorabilia - every scene is ???, but I've unlocked the achievement for finishing his path. I must say I really enjoy playing your game and I was really excited when I've read that you're involved in Aly's game as well. I really can't wait for these two to be finished :)
Another bug I found is in the attached file - I have 2 songs with the same name. I recorded them like they are 2 different songs - which they are, but when I play a gig and I choose one of them to be in the setlist the game takes them as one. They are both marked as used in the gig even though only one of them is there. I hope you understood what I was trying to say, English is not my first language, sorry.
I hope we'll see more updates soon :)
Attachments
screenshot0002.png

roboticisms

#210 Post by roboticisms »

I'm not aware if this is a new issue or a recent one, considering I downloaded the game for the first time after the latest update, but I can't seem to trigger Collin's "The Duet". I have his relationship bar maxed, and I'd think it was a matter of time passing if not for the fact that over two in-game years have passed since I saw his "Rivalry Renewed" scene. (Maybe the two of them just need a... lot of time? Hah. :p)

There's a few other things I made note of in my playthroughs as well.

1. Gig minigame.
- The biggest issue I have is the timer-- I'm assuming that the measurement is in seconds, and if not then it might make my point moot. Regardless. The very first run of the game I did, it started out fine. I was left with plenty of time, and I finished regularly with 17 or more seconds remaining. The more gigs I did, however, the more the timer seemed to become... broken? It began decreasing at a faster pace. The timer would lose 3 or 4 or even 5 seconds at a time, and then I'd start getting the buzzer after making only one match.
- This next one is more of an inquiry. Considering the timer situation, I went into the settings and turned off the game for the following playthroughs I did. Is there any benefit for playing the minigame as opposed to not? I didn't notice any difference, myself, and was curious if perhaps I was missing out on some super-cool end game instruments or equipment after playing the gig minigame x amount of times.

2. Mission stacking.
I only had this problem on my second run of the game, but I purposely avoided it on all subsequent ones. I'm pretty positive that I could recreate it if you needed me to.
Essentially I was taking my sweet time with the 1,000,000 sales mission; by the time I finished it, I'd already bought out most of the music store and was playing at the arena. When I clicked through the pop-up for it, I got the one for maxed popularity immediately following it. When I got back to the management screen, the next mission was to wait for the AMPs. A few weeks later, after trying to scram-fit in all the events and never getting a few that were marked as "automatic", I failed Dallas's route.
It was pretty easy to fix, as I just reloaded an old save and made sure to change the band's genre to spend some of those popularity points, but I still thought I'd make note of it.

But, imo, this game is fantastic and I'm so happy that I downloaded it. The characterization is ridiculous (in that, holy cow, it's ridiculously fantastic), and I had more than my fair share of both heart warming and heart breaking moments. I can't wait for the rest of the characters to be released (Wizz and Owen in particular, because I can't wait to see those two noisy children clash again and I'm very curious about that brother of Robin's).
(Seeing some of Owen's songs in open-ended mode raised a specific question, and made all those troubles he's having with his marriage particularly worrying, ooph.)
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(7.76 KiB) Downloaded 66 times