Last Trip [fantastic, afterlife] [nano16] [demo]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
korova
Veteran
Completed: Ivy, Chocolate, Time, Clair Obscur
Projects: Writing exercises, The House [Nano18]
Tumblr: korova08
itch: korova

Last Trip [fantastic, afterlife] [nano16] [demo]

#1 Post by korova »

Like many other creators in March, I worked on a project for NaNoRenO.
As I was unsure whether I could achieve anything or not, I didn't dare to open a WIP thread in Nano Subforum.

March is over, and my project is not finished BUT... I managed to put together a demo !

So let me introduce you to :
banniere-bilingue.png
DISCLAIMER : at the moment, the game is available only in french language (translation is planned)

Pitch
When they die, heroes go to Paradise, villains go to Hell. But what is the fate of totally ordinary people? Embark on the train with one of them, and share her final fate.

What is it about ?
You play as Helen, who’s just died in hospital from old age. When she “wakes up”, she’s alone in a mysterious station. There she’ll get a ticket to embark on a mysterious train. The train is supposed to get her to her “final destination”, which might be Eden (paradise), Pandemonium (hell) or Samsara (reincarnation). Where will she get off the train? It’s up to you, player, and the choices you’ll make. (I suppose she’d like to go to paradise, but hey!... you’re the player, and you may think different...)
Main Characters
Main Characters
On board she’ll meet first Sebastian (orange shadow on the left) and Daniel (brown shadow in the center). Sebastian is a former salesman for a pharmaceutical company. From this time he kept huge self-confidence; he’s sure that his exemplary life will lead him right to paradise. Daniel, on the other hand, is sure he’ll go to hell; most of the time he’s negative. Maybe it has something to do with his former career in tax collecting... where it was really difficult to make friends.

Later, Annie (purple shadow on the right), a new passenger, will get on board. She talks reason to others, especially when they plan silly projects in order to make sure they’ll go to Eden. Unfortunately, others not always listen to her...
Train Staff
Train Staff
During the trip, you’ll also meet personnel members of Afterlife Staff: (from right to left) deskwoman in station, Ticket Inspector on board (he’s the only one that will let you get in or off the train) and Ticket Puncher, who’s in charge for marking destinations on train tickets.

What's in the demo ?
This demo is a little less than half the story and can be read in about 30 minutes. It includes Prologue, Day One and half of Day Two. Are to come : end of Day Two, Day Three and Epilogue. Graphic aspect is final, the demo includes musics and sfx.

Download link
The demo can be downloaded on itch.io https://korova.itch.io/last-trip

Preview
Preview
Preview
Features and/or what is planned in the complete version
  • 3 endings + 1 "secret" ending
  • Reader's choices change the story and the ending.
  • 12 750 words so far, 20 000 (?) targeted
  • 4 main characters (narrator/reader included) + 6 secondary characters
  • 8+ backgrounds including 3 animated ones
  • music pieces and sfx
  • Language : French only at the moment, translation planned