My old friend Yumi [DEMO]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Sailorel
Completed: When love strikes, The first Star
Tumblr: sailorel

My old friend Yumi [DEMO]

#1 Post by Sailorel »

This is planned to be a short depressing visual novel with heavy situations.
I WANT to finish the project, but that all depends on the people that play it and actually like it. At the end of the day, I am not creating a project for myself, I make it for other people's enjoyment.
That's why this time I decided to release a demo to see if I get any positive feedback, and if I do, then I will gladly finish the game in no time.
I would really appreciate it if you told me how you liked the game and if I should change something or stuff like that.

I do not use original art, sounds/music etc.

Thanks in advance :)
Attachments
menu.jpg
My_old_friend_Yumi-1.0-all.zip
(64.3 MiB) Downloaded 30 times

pastelciel
Regular
Projects: 【Pitch Black Serenade】
Organization: 97Circle
itch: 97circle

Re: My old friend Yumi [DEMO]

#2 Post by pastelciel »

I initially was curious about this vn because you mentioned it was "depressing" and "with heavy situations".
After playing the demo it looks to me that it's a story about the protagonist going to live with his childhood friend and discover what happened during all the years they were apart. I was a bit disappointed nothing was revealed in the demo though.
I like the font overall and still curious about Yumi's backstory. :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
【Pitch Black Serenade】 demo is out! ⇒ [itch.io]

Sailorel
Completed: When love strikes, The first Star
Tumblr: sailorel

Re: My old friend Yumi [DEMO]

#3 Post by Sailorel »

@pastelciel

Nothing was revealed because I really wasn't planning to make the novel long or anything like that so if I gave away some of her secrets in the demo, then not a lot of content will be left to see in the final game. Although after I uploaded this demo, I kind of lost enthusiasm in finishing the game since barely any people seemed to be interested interested...so I don't think I will be finishing it :/