Queen's Crown - Demo [Fantasy][Romance][Drama]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

Queen's Crown - Demo [Fantasy][Romance][Drama]

#1 Post by Agashi »

“...A world is supported by four things...the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling.” - Frank Herbert

- Nameable protagonist whose personality is determined completely by you!
- A stat-building system made up of 3 different stats: Intelligence, Combat, and Charisma
- Opportunities to build stats manually as well as in casual conversation for heightened role-playing potential!
- 3 romanceable characters with routes that branch heavily depending on your choices
- 17 planned endings, including about 11 romance related and 6 non-romance
- At LEAST 120,000 words of content. Will have more accurate estimate once the demo is complete
- World-building out the wazoo!
Agashi - Project Lead, Creator, and Writer
Nero279 - Sprite Artist, Adorable Minx
Saitoki1582 - Secondary Sprite Artist
Harliqueen - Graphic Designer, All-Around-Peach
ShojiAmasawa - Logo Designer
LadyofGatsby - GUI Artist
Lady_Luck94 - Character Concept Artist
Noyemi K - Composer
Barzini - PR and Marketing
Atomic-Invasion - Promotional Artist
Bonesy - Programmer Extraordinaire
Image[/center]
The demo is now available for download! Get it right HERE.

Also, please keep your eye on this thread for updates on the Kickstarter! SweetChiel has graciously agreed to provide some CGs so that we can get a decent trailer put together, and then the project should go live. :mrgreen:

In the meantime, if anyone who played the demo would like to give some feedback (either here or on my WIP thread), I'd greatly appreciate it! I've prepared new questions below...
1. Who is your favorite character or love interest so far?

2. If you happened to check your attributes screen during gameplay, what were your stats like toward the end of the demo?

3. Did the story hold your interest? Which part(s) was the most fun for you? If your answer contains spoilers, please use tags!

4. Finally, what are your overall thoughts on the game, so far?
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

feedy

Re: Queen's Crown - Demo [Fantasy][Romance][Drama]

#2 Post by feedy »

It's to pick a favorite character out of the cast since I find them all positively delightful and diverse, but I couldn't help but be interested in Bianka and her motivations. I really hope we get to see more of her in the full game! As for the love interest... it's a toss between Emry and Noah, ugh.
On one hand, Emry's concern for the protagonist is really endearing! The part where the princess is in tears and he struggles to... console her, I guess, really seemed like an intense and meaningful interaction between the two. With Noah... I just think that a relationship that bridges too impossibly different and warring sides has always appealed to me. Not to mention, the scene where he pressed his lips to the princess' pulse -- talk about heart-pounding.
In the end, I guess that I lean more towards Emry, just because they've known each other longer.

2. If you happened to check your attributes screen during gameplay, what were your stats like toward the end of the demo?
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 6
Combat: 2

3. Did the story hold your interest? Which part(s) was the most fun for you? If your answer contains spoilers, please use tags!
Yes, I loved how there were so many opportunities to make decisions and really immerse myself! I think my favorite part was definitely
learning of Bianka's crimes and deciding her fate. By then I was so emotionally invested, I felt just as exhausted as the princess must have by the scene's conclusion. I also love the extra bits where the Queen-Regent shows so much concern for your welfare, and yet tries her best to guide you along... I just think that the way she treats the princess is so sweet.
Overall... I'm excited. I'm enamored with the characters and can't wait to learn more about and every one of them! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the Kickstarter from now on.

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#3 Post by Agashi »

Ah, you're so sweet, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! :oops: I'm really glad you thought the characters were interesting and diverse. Hopefully you stick around for the full game because the demo really is just the tip of the iceberg as far as their stories go. The love interests especially have a lot more going on than what's on the surface. :mrgreen:

Also, thanks for mentioning the Queen-Regent. I tried really hard to make the emotional connection between her and the MC feel genuine and loving, even with them having to keep up appearances in the game. So happy that her motherliness got across to you!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

sunwave
Regular

#4 Post by sunwave »

First time I played a visual novel with a female protagonist. Didn't bother me in the slightest.

Jeisa is hilarious. Both with the young knight, and how she tries to be proper all the time. Especially when you are not being proper at all. Near the ending, it was also pretty funny.
Noah is the most interesting love interest so far, I think. He seems pretty charming and tries to be 'cool', but if you interact with him correctly he shows his happy self underneath.

Didn't check, but I can assume my combat was still at 0 or at least very low. I don't think a queen would need combat training. XD Maybe a king would. I did studies a lot, and once visit the villages. Of course, no idea about what my interactions did to my stats.

The most interesting were the parts where I had to defuse a situation, or where I had to decide people's fates without being too lenient. And I thought THAT choice had no good options. =(

Very interesting. Especially the writing is very well-done. I myself have trouble writing any court-related dialogue since any 'formal manners' are, to my logical mindset, totally nuts (Just say what you mean, god dammit XD. Someone insinuating you're a pathetic loser is just as bad as them just saying you're a pathetic loser.)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#5 Post by AntiquedFae »

I just wanted to stop in to say that I played the demo. Unfortunately no full feedback since if I were to it would get...really, really long (and spoiler-filled) so I think I'll stay away from that for now for the sake of all others involved. It's a little messy at this point (as is to be expected by a beta demo!), but still shows plenty enough promise to keep me interested.

The fact that you get to make choices already as a ruler and the existence of ramifications is clearly visible, with no easy answer in sight, is really, really unique and definitely sets this game apart from any others that I've played! I think you handled that most excellently. The character designs are all also really interesting, and quite lovely. Oh, one critique I have on the sprites is the display of them; namely, their heights. In the game it is mentioned that, ooh, forget her name, but the blond woman in red who is an advisor to you and known for being well-liked by the peasants, is of a not-so-impressive height, yet her sprite is displayed at the same height as all the other characters, including Emry, who is supposed to be tall. This is especially awkward since their sprites seem to be drawn to have them at different heights on the screen (Ex: Emry and Noah have more of their legs visible on screen than the shorter lady advisor). So that sort of threw me off a bit during the demo.

The characters are all quite interesting. There wasn't very much of all the pursue-ables aside from Emry in the demo (or at least the way I played it) but they seem most intriguing and I'm happy to read there will be more of them in later demos! I was expecting to like Emry (hello, fellow emotionally-challenged book-lover), but Noah surprized me with how much I liked him. Must be the hexagonal tattoos. Hrm. And Jeisa is about as awesome as Ladies-In-Waiting come. If I'm being honest, I mainly just treated Teiran like a 16-year-old girl would treat a 7-year-old boy with a crush on her, and a pair of rich parents in need of her babysitting services.

Also, just because you asked so nicely I went back and checked my stats at the end of the game and they ended up at: 0 charisma (no surprize there 8) ) 7 intelligence and 3 combat.

I hope that helps! Somehow I knew I would still end up with a novel. :S
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

EuphoniousChaos

#6 Post by EuphoniousChaos »

This was kind of hard to choose since I found pretty much all of the more main characters interesting, but I really liked Jeisa! I found her to be a really endearing character,
and I especially liked her during the conversation about the whole chocolate bust ordeal with Teiran. I was low key dying that whole scene it was so good!
As for my favorite love interest, it'd probably be Emry. I think as of now I find him the most interesting of the 3 (not that the other two aren't great!),
but I'm super invested in finding what his whole deal about why he's so careful not to get too close to the m/c, so he's my fave as of now.
Intelligence was the highest, followed by Charisma, and then I had a 0 in Combat.

It held my interest throughout the entire demo, which honestly doesn't happen very often. At first I was a little surprised at the amount of choices there were to choose from, but it's definitely not a bad thing. In my opinion, having a decent amount of choices to choose from definitely makes the story more interesting, as well as giving the mc way more chance at having a more detailed personality, which is always appreciated. The part that was the most fun/interesting to me was when
Emry and the mc were discussing the issues concerning the letter she was left. I was super curious about the letter so when they were talking about where/who it might have come from it was cool to watch.
Overall, I definitely enjoyed this demo. The amount of choices and how interesting the story line was (especially for a demo!) kept me enthralled the whole time I was playing, and as far as I can tell all the love interest's routes look really promising so far! I also like how the story doesn't only focus on the mc and the love interests, but also features, for example, choices concerning the kingdom and her family, which was refreshing to see. I can't wait to see this game progress in the future! Keep up the really great work!