Sentimental Trickster: BL/Yaoi visual novel DEMO

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Moonspeck
Regular
Projects: Sentimental Trickster, new BL fantasy dating sim
Organization: Lovenuts
itch: lazuli

Sentimental Trickster: BL/Yaoi visual novel DEMO

#1 Post by Moonspeck »

Hello,

EDIT: It works perfectly on Mac now!

I’m the sole creator of Sentimental Trickster, nice to meet you all :)

Yesterday I’ve launched a Kickstarter campaign (my US-based partner is Yaoi a Go Go). Before the launch my friends tested the demo and everything worked fine. However, now that more and more people are playing it, it turns out that the demo doesn’t launch on some computers as far as Mac and Linux are concerned.

Naturally, even if you have Windows, I’d appreciate if you could spend an hour to test it. Your feedback means a lot! Here’s the Kickstarter page with the demo for all platforms:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sy ... sual-novel

Alternatively, you can download it from the game's website:

http://sentimentaltrickster.com/index.php/demo/
Last edited by Moonspeck on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MilanaWalters
Regular

Re: Sentimental Trickster: BL/Yaoi visual novel DEMO

#2 Post by MilanaWalters »

The art is really beautiful, but the protagonist looks a bit too childish for me:( i understand its popular in bl genre, but i try to avoid it and happen to find some bl games where MCs look a bit more mature at least.

Moonspeck
Regular

#3 Post by Moonspeck »

I understand. He was just born this way in my mind, I guess it couldn't be helped. He's the same age as the glasses guy and the brown-haired one, but I guess he may not look like it :) Would you be willing to just see if the demo opens okay? I'd appreciate it a ton!

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#4 Post by robovelociraptor »

Hello! ^^

I played the demo and I think it's very good! I really like the protagonist and his commentary, he reminds me a lot of Aoba from DRAMAtical Muder. (Which is a good thing! Aoba is one of my favorite VN protags.) The art is also beautiful!

I didn't encounter any bugs (Playing on Windows), but I did find one typo, during Shinya's argument with Soichiro:
[...] Even destroy it. It's you call. [...]
I have a few questions:

1. Will the final game have an options menu and save/load ones? And give the user the ability to view text history and change text speed? (I ask this because the only Unity VN I've seen didn't have an options menu.)
2. Will the final game have a CG Gallery/BG Gallery/Music Room?
3. You mentioned learning about 3D graphics on the Kickstarter page, did you use 3D graphics to make the backgrounds? (Sorry, this is probably a dumb question. >.>)
4. Will the game be released on Steam?

...And that's all I've got. Unfortunately, I can't help fund the Kickstarter, but good luck on funding and completing the game! :D

Moonspeck
Regular

#5 Post by Moonspeck »

Thank you so much for testing the demo! I'm happy that you liked it and didn't waste your time :) Yeah, I wanted to make Haru an opposite of the usual bottom protagonist. He had to have spirit and snark. After so much Dresden Files and Sandman Slim, I just couldn't do otherwise. I'm glad you like the art as well. Many, many hours went into creating it^^

Thank you for finding this typo! I try to be as grammatically correct as possible, but sometimes I just don't notice something. As for your questions:

1. Yes, naturally! I just don't feel confident enough in my coding to add them yet (I may hire someone for that actually if I raise the money). Also, the demo is not that long, so I've decided one save would be enough. I want to give you the ability to view text history too. I'm not sure about the text speed yet.
2. Yes, I'm planning to do all that. Like in a proper vn :)
3. Yup, I used 3d graphics with 0 or Attribution License, so I could transform them freely. I also made some models myself. And it's not a dumb question at all, probably many people would be curious. I may actually add something to the Kickstarter page about it, I've just thought about it this second, thank you! Coming back to your question, first I made a 3d scene, then I painted over it in Photoshop. I bought Photoshop when I was still teaching at a university, so I had like 70% off the price^^
4. YES :) When the game has more backers, I will try to get it greenlit.

It's okay, I'm happy enough that you posted. I really like talking to players about the demo, it makes all these months worthwhile :)

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#6 Post by robovelociraptor »

Thank you for answering my questions! ^^ I'll probably be able to get the game if it's released on Steam. I'll definitely follow your project and help it get greenlit when the time comes! :D

Moonspeck
Regular

#7 Post by Moonspeck »

Yay, thank you so much :) First, I'm going to post the game on Concepts in the Steam Greenlight section, I hope it goes well. But I want to gather more backers before.

Moonspeck
Regular

#8 Post by Moonspeck »

The Mac build now works without any issues! :)