Dangerous Dating [Educational][Teen Dating Violence][Demo]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
ichiban

Dangerous Dating [Educational][Teen Dating Violence][Demo]

#1 Post by ichiban »

Hello! I'm looking for overall feedback on this game I made with a small group from my school. This is our final project for a diversity course. We had to make a game that educates people on a social justice issue. We chose teen dating violence and emotional abusive relationships. We were given only 3 weeks.

The project is due in a few days and we are adding some final touches. Just to note though, the other 3 group members who did the writing and art are not familiar with VNs in general. So it may come off amateurish compared to quality fictional VN games. (I got a lot of flack and downvotes from Reddit because they were expecting something amazing for only 3 weeks of work on this game)

About
Created in TyranoBuilder, Dangerous Dating features 3 short stories that showcase some common problems in different relationships. We were going to just focus on 1 story but realized it would be better to include LGBT common issues as well.
  • The first scenario features a naive 16-year-old girl going on her first date. The guy is kind of a jerk, but is he that bad?
  • The second is about a gay couple that's already been together for a short while, few months at least. There seems to be a bit of tension about how your date thinks of you.
  • The third is a very frequent issue in lesbian relationships. Your girlfriend aggressively threatens you for thinking that you were cheating when you know you did nothing. But you learn that the police and institutions don't take lesbian relationships seriously because of the stereotype that only men are abusive.
The group decided to have a colored silhouette theme throughout the game. So it's a bit different than your typical VN.

Link
Playable on your browser!
http://dtc-wsuv.org/jwambach15/DTC475/GAME_dec2/

Feedback!
What did you like about it? What did you hate?
Did you find typos or grammar problems?
Is there anything that you'd change if you were us with just a few days till the final version was due?
Did you find this educational on teen dating violence and emotionally abusive relationships?

Last but not least, if we decide to further this project, how could we take this to the next level? In other words, do you think it's worth making more scenarios showcasing other problems in other types of abuse? Or would you recommend something different?

We'd like to hear anything! Thanks! And I hope you enjoy it!
Last edited by ichiban on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Dangerous Dating [Educational][Teen Dating Violence][Dem

#2 Post by fleet »

The game stopped working when I clicked on 'hetero' at the beginning.
I'm using google chrome as my browser.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

ichiban

#3 Post by ichiban »

I just tested in chrome and it works. TyranoBuilder isn't optimized well I think.

It takes a little while to load a scene. About 5-10 seconds is normal but could take longer. Try again if you'd like. Thanks :)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4 Post by fleet »

I tried again and after clicking on 'hetero' the images faded back to the three colored bars, the music stopped, and then nothing. After 30 seconds the screen finally showed dialog.
In my opinion, with that long a delay during on-line play, others might also think the game is broken .
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

teeth

#5 Post by teeth »

Are you still looking for feedback on this project?