Flow of Phantasmagory[CG-based][Picture Book][Fantasy]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Geistbas
Regular
Projects: Flow of Phantasmagory
Deviantart: Geistbas

Flow of Phantasmagory[CG-based][Picture Book][Fantasy]

#1 Post by Geistbas »

It's been three years since that which changed many things about my life occured.

I originally wanted to wait until I would have enough material to release a seven chapter demo, but here I am, releasing the first chapter of the game, that chapter which has very little common with the chapters that follow after it, the first chapter, the chapter of abstractness and illusions, the chapter that was cooked up by me when I was in delusions and halucinations from my schizophrenia, when I was drawing the former illustrations, listening to Enya's music and being in an absolute focus, absolutely focused into making a picture book, a work of art, and here it is now, its revamped digital version.

I will not try very hard to make a super fancy forum post, because I simply don't have the willpower to do so right now. I ran out of patience with hiding my progress until reaching a specific powerful milestone.

WIP Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=36788
(The above contains all the initial information that was publicly available on here since some time ago. It is currently not updated, but contains the basic explanation. Note: Images are currently missing because I deleted my deviantArt account)

Progress with the full game overall?
There are currently 296 illustrations, of which over one hundred are colored, it's crazy to see that the tweet picture link below has 214 files, which are the newest scans that are ready for coloring, of which some were already colored. This demo (chapter 1) has merely 30 illustrations.
https://twitter.com/AutumnGwydd/status/ ... 5471662080

What made me release just the first chapter as a first demo
It's strange, but I suddenly felt impatient, and with that came anxiety. I still have 161 illustrations to color for the 7 chapter demo, not to forget that I need to make them into scenes, and add text. I simply grew impatient that I have no feedback except from a very limited circle of friends who, despite being awesome and supportive people, too know nearly nothing about this game, because I was being so greedy and secretive about it.

A rather old drawing, that still has a lot of accuracy. There are three main universes in the story that are inspired by the geometrical shapes that can form a symmetrical grid, only three of such shapes exist. Tessellation.

Seriously, I decided I'll make an entire franchise about tessellation-inspired universes. With fantasy themes in them.

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4w8ltn4ql ... .0-all.zip
(The archive is rather bulky due to the fact that I didn't convert the PNG files into JPEG yet, and perhaps more reasons, for that I am sorry, and I am positive the size won't be very crazy once the appropriate file types are used.)

So, with honest feelings in mind, I hope for some feedback, and I'll release the demo with seven chapters soon for sure. I made the first chapter back in 2013 and even though I was ill, I wanted to make a story that would touch the hearts of many people one day, I wasn't thinking of anything doubtful, I was just focused, and everything was just there. I may be stressed currently with the high expectactions I put for myself, but right now I am happy to be able to at least make the first chapter public

Several things will change. Even in the first chapter. Suggestions? They are welcome of course!

Music Credits, free music sites
Maoudamashii http://maoudamashii.jokersounds.com/ (will be further specified in later versions)
DOVA-Syndrome http://dova-s.jp/ (Various artists, will be further specified in later versions)

Kind regards,
Tela of Mintegeist (formerly Geistbas)