Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance boys

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Celianna
Veteran

Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance boys

#1 Post by Celianna »

Happy to announce that the first beta has been released!

Tailor Tales beta v. 0.1
(click to download)

What can you do:
- You can customize your character
- You can read Neil's first 7 chapters

What you can't do:
- Click on any options in the menu besides "continue"
- Create any clothing

What you don't need to pay attention to:
- Unfinished art (mainly Sarah here)
- Character creation is temporary and will be different and polished

Feedback I'm looking for:
- What are your first impressions after reading Neil's first few chapters?
- Do you think your choices reflect what you would personally do?
- Are you hooked enough to continue reading?
- If you find any typos or grammar errors, please take a screenshot of it, or recite back the exact line of dialogue.
- How many fierce points and how many kind points did you score at the end?

ImageImageImageImage

A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

teeth

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Design your own clothes and romance b

#2 Post by teeth »

PMing you with my notes!

Celianna
Veteran

#3 Post by Celianna »

Beta 0.2 is out now! You can read chapters 1 through 12 of Neil's route. No clothing system added yet, purely novel reading at the moment.

New characters are introduced, new backgrounds, two new CGs, and some added voices! If you didn't like Neil that much from the first beta, I highly recommend reading until chapter 12 - if you still don't like his route, then you won't change your mind.

Tailor Tales beta v. 0.2

Feedback is very much welcomed! If you tried beta 0.2 here are some questions.

- Did you like the added sound bites for Neil, the sighs and grunts? Or would you prefer to do without?
- Do you think the backgrounds are interesting enough?
- Do you like the new scene added with the grandma? (if you've played the first beta only)
- Would you prefer an actual drawn portrait sprite for the grandma?
- How long did it take you to complete chapters 1 through 12?
- How many fierce points and kind points did you score at the end?

Questions for after playing chapters 1 through 12. PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FROM NOW ON!!
- Were you initially fooled during chapter 12, thinking it was Neil?
- Did it become obvious the black haired man was Neil instead?
- Did you spot the falling star?
- Did you like the CGs and which one was your favourite?
- Did the second CG properly display your selected hair colour and skin tone?
- Did your opinion of Neil change? Do you like him more now, or hate him even more?
- Do you want to know what happens next?

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#4 Post by LizardRobot »

- What are your first impressions after reading Neil's first few chapters?
I disliked him. I ended up skipping the story after chapter 4 just to see what chapters 11 and 12 were like, because from the first four chapters with Neil, I had zero interest in reading more of his encounters with the MC.

- Do you think your choices reflect what you would personally do?
Not really, I didn't feel there was much choice in what the MC did. I feel most of the choices had to do with the flavor of my response to a situation, but I didn't feel I had a particular sense of agency or control over what was going on. There were also spots where the MC did things I found totally inappropriate, like compare a character to a dog and crouch down on the floor at a fancy event. I was shocked by those actions.

- Are you hooked enough to continue reading?
Not by the storyline with Neil, no. I got annoyed by how many of the scenes with him were essentially non-interactions between him and the MC and nothing really happened, and they seemed a little long for nothing really happening. But I think the make or break for this game will be the advanced customization features seen in the screenshots. Those features look really cool! Also Aiden looks like a cool character, I'd want to meet him.

- If you find any typos or grammar errors, please take a screenshot of it, or recite back the exact line of dialogue.
I think the cell phone was described as having a 5'5 screen!?

- How many fierce points and how many kind points did you score at the end?
I skipped most of the game, so I didn't really have an accurate count.

I did find one glitch, which is after the reveal involving the mask at the ball, the blinking eye animation stayed on the screen from the CG moment. So there were disembodied, blinking eyes floating next to the character sprite after the CG. Aside from that and the fact there wasn't a delete/clear on the character customization stuff, everything seemed to work well! The game looks very clean and polished.

Celianna
Veteran

#5 Post by Celianna »

LizardRobot wrote:- What are your first impressions after reading Neil's first few chapters?
I disliked him. I ended up skipping the story after chapter 4 just to see what chapters 11 and 12 were like, because from the first four chapters with Neil, I had zero interest in reading more of his encounters with the MC.
Different strokes for different folks, sometimes you just don't care haha.
Not really, I didn't feel there was much choice in what the MC did. I feel most of the choices had to do with the flavor of my response to a situation, but I didn't feel I had a particular sense of agency or control over what was going on. There were also spots where the MC did things I found totally inappropriate, like compare a character to a dog and crouch down on the floor at a fancy event. I was shocked by those actions.
No, you cannot control what the MC does in terms of leading the story - this is not a story branching VN. But you can respond to a situation at least once a chapter, or multiple times. Weird to hear you were shocked by the MC joking around with Neil and calling him a dog - it was pretty innocent fluff in my eyes. But I guess you think otherwise :) The MC crouching down was actually crucial to the story! This is the moment Neil realizes that the MC does not realize it's him (she'd have never done it if she knew this was Neil), and he's just as shocked as you were.
Not by the storyline with Neil, no. I got annoyed by how many of the scenes with him were essentially non-interactions between him and the MC and nothing really happened, and they seemed a little long for nothing really happening.
Can you tell me which chapters these were? I can think of two chapters where nothing really happens (chapter 7 where you run into Neil who's in a bad mood, and chapter 11 where you go cellphone shopping) and these scenes are pretty short (less than 1k words), but pretty much all of them advance the story, or give you interactions with Neil.
But I think the make or break for this game will be the advanced customization features seen in the screenshots.
Next beta should have the tailoring system and dress-up system ready to be tested, you can have fun with that :D
I think the cell phone was described as having a 5'5 screen!?
Fixed it to 5.5 haha.
I did find one glitch, which is after the reveal involving the mask at the ball, the blinking eye animation stayed on the screen from the CG moment. So there were disembodied, blinking eyes floating next to the character sprite after the CG.
Really weird you got this glitch as I cannot replicate it :( I'm going to assume the game was lagging on our PC. If you hit F2 while playing, it should show you the FPS, can you check for me during chapter 12 what your FPS drops down to?
Aside from that and the fact there wasn't a delete/clear on the character customization stuff, everything seemed to work well! The game looks very clean and polished.
Yep, you can't change anything in this beta yet, you can in the next one! You should be able to change, well, everything aside from your physical body. Thanks for playing!