[Early Beta] An Encounter ~In The Rain~ [NaNoRenO2017]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

[Early Beta] An Encounter ~In The Rain~ [NaNoRenO2017]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

An Encounter ~In The Rain~

"A girl with a terminal illness stands in the rain, wishing for it to take her. Feeling as if she's a ghost, another girl takes notice and offers her umbrella."

!! IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ FIRST !!
This is an early beta version, and while it contains all 2,688 words of the story, please take note of the following:
- The sprites being used are placeholders. The official release will have sprites made by the CG artist, Lienai, which she is currently working on.
- There is only voice at the beginning; the doctor and the first 29 of the girl with the umbrella. The official release will have all the voices.
- For the girl's lines, some of it has odd leveling which will later be corrected and a few of the lines need retakes. I also apologise as I did not realise some distorted, so I might re-record my entire batch for her.
- I recommend going to Preferences and lowering the music volume just a tiny, tiny bit. Also note a few tracks may be quieter than others, which will be corrected for the official release.
- Feel free to give feedback on how you enjoyed (or did not enjoy) the game!
CREDITS:
A Tofu Sheets Visual production
Writing/Scripting: Kokoro Hane
Voice acting: Doodled (doctor), Kokoro Hane (girl with umbrella)
Placeholder sprites: Tokudaya
Event CGs: Lienai
Sound Effects: freesound.org
Music: Frozen Silence, SENTiVE, Stefano Mocini
An_Encounter_(In_The_Rain)_BETA-1.0-all.zip
(62.1 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Oracle
Regular
Projects: Freight Train, Moonlight River, Arbitration, Timewave, Stardust, Dead Mistress, Dark Forces
Soundcloud: Sound_Oracle

Re: [Early Beta] An Encounter ~In The Rain~ [NaNoRenO2017]

#2 Post by Oracle »

It was quite excellent!
The sound track was a great fit for the story and the artwork was astounding. Also, the voice acting caught me way off guard and added a nice touch to the story. One thing you might want to improve on is some of the plot. I felt that Van became too "emo" way too quickly. At times it felt over the top and unnecessary. Maybe you could let Van and Natty build up a friendship before they open up to each other.

Keep up the great work!
Oracle
Let's Change the world one note at a time~
Let's change the world one note at a time~
Check out my Soundcloud!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: [Early Beta] An Encounter ~In The Rain~ [NaNoRenO2017]

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Oracle wrote:It was quite excellent!
The sound track was a great fit for the story and the artwork was astounding. Also, the voice acting caught me way off guard and added a nice touch to the story. One thing you might want to improve on is some of the plot. I felt that Van became too "emo" way too quickly. At times it felt over the top and unnecessary. Maybe you could let Van and Natty build up a friendship before they open up to each other.

Keep up the great work!
Oracle
Let's Change the world one note at a time~
Hey there! I am glad you enjoyed it. As far as Van and how she acts, she's been sick for quite awhile--I guess it only appears fast since we don't see it progress, but at this point in the story she's been suffering for a long amount of time. Unfortunately, being a short story and with NaNo time constraints, it did limit a lot of development--I just wanted to make a short, but sweet story. This was actually a rework of an older project I had, which was a lot longer but I just salvaged the beginning, reworked it a bit, then added the beginning and end scene. But I definitely will take that into consideration for expanding upon someday, or in future projects of this nature. I am also very glad you liked the voice acting that was there!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"