The Last December [Mini Demo Released!]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
ourdecemberdreams
Regular
Projects: The Last December
Tumblr: ourdecemberdreams
Deviantart: ourdecemberdreams
itch: ourdecemberdreams

The Last December [Mini Demo Released!]

#1 Post by ourdecemberdreams »

STORY SUMMARY
The Last December is about an 18 year old girl with lung problems, who has stayed in the hospital for a large part of her life. Tired of the treatments and medicines that didn't help save her, she escapes the hospital to complete her bucket list with the help of a boy, who broke his arm in a recent car crash, and a mysterious and aloof guy, who is unwilling to reveal much about himself to the other two.

Together, they will help the girl fulfil her dying wishes, which includes some things like riding a motorbike, watching the sunrise, having her first kiss and visiting the amazing town of Cornucopia!

CHARACTERS

Main Protagonist
December | A 18 year old girl who grew up in a strict family. Brought up to become afraid to try new things, she wasn’t allowed to do anything her parents deemed bad for her. After finding out she only has a month left to live, she decided to, for once, pick up the courage to try the things she wanted to do but was never allowed to do and never dared to do.

Lead Character
Zayn | A 19 year old boy who broke his arm in a car accident. Flirty, egoistic, playful, and an aspiring artist. With his dreams shattered, he was going to give up on his life when he meets December. He sets on a journey to help a dying girl fulfil her wishes while trying to find a new purpose in life.

Lead Character
??? | ? year old boy who finds himself making sacrifices that he regrets. Mysterious and aloof but street smart. He’s used to going around by himself, but December and Zayn sticked around for much longer than he intended them to and he just can’t seem to shake them off. While unintentionally helping the duo, he learns to start making the right decisions himself.

Side Character
Skylar | December's 24 year old new primary doctor. Kind, smart and mature. A fresh graduate from university who is filled with passion to make the world a better place. He strives to help find a cure for the girl even when she believes that there's no hope left for her condition.

*sprite coming soon!*
Side Character
Ethan | December's classmate for 15 years. Cute and extremely shy. Musically talented and one of the top students every year.

... and more! :D

GAME FEATURES
Genre | Slice of Life, Slight Romance and Bromance
Ratings | For all ages
Platforms | Mac OS, Windows, Linux
Screen Resolution | 1280 x 720

GAME STATUS
Current Word Count | 19 590
Story Completion | 40%
Character Artwork Completion | 40%
Background Artwork Completion | 0%
CGs Artwork Completion | 0%
Soundtracks Completion | 15%
Programming Completion | 20%

Our official demo is still in the works hehe. But you can try out our mini demo here!
Let us know what you think!

QUESTIONS
Do you think the story is interesting and intriguing?
What do you think about the character sprites artwork?
Do you think the user interface is pretty?
Is the user interface easy to use and navigate?
Do you prefer auto save feature or a manual save and manual load feature?
Does having a contents page to store the different chapters (so that you can replay any chapters anytime you want) a good feature that you would really like to have?
Does making the main character customisable (changing of hair styles, hair colour, skin colour, clothes, and name) make the game more appealing?
How much would you be willing to spend on a game like this?

To contact us, you can just reply to this thread, pm us, or email us at ourdecemberdreams@gmail.com! We'll check everyday :D
You can also follow our updates at Tumblr!

ourdecemberdreams
Regular
Projects: The Last December
Tumblr: ourdecemberdreams
Deviantart: ourdecemberdreams
itch: ourdecemberdreams

Re: The Last December [Mini Demo Released!]

#2 Post by ourdecemberdreams »

Updated!

cynthaiz
Tumblr: twice-in-a-nebula

Re: The Last December [Mini Demo Released!]

#3 Post by cynthaiz »

Do you think the story is interesting and intriguing?
Not gonna lie, I did think the hospital setting was a bit cilche, but overall, an interesting story!
What do you think about the character sprites artwork?
I like it a lot!
Do you think the user interface is pretty?
Yeah, definitely. The opening screen is so nice!
Is the user interface easy to use and navigate?
I think that some of the buttons look too small, but otherwise, it's alright.
Do you prefer auto save feature or a manual save and manual load feature?
I personally prefer manual save and load features.
Does having a contents page to store the different chapters (so that you can replay any chapters anytime you want) a good feature that you would really like to have?
Yeah, definitely!
Does making the main character customisable (changing of hair styles, hair colour, skin colour, clothes, and name) make the game more appealing?
It's certainly an option, but I would still be happy with or without it.
How much would you be willing to spend on a game like this?
Around $10 - $15?

Overall, I really liked this! I'm looking forward to the official demo!