A Town Called Shanty [Early Alpha] v.0.0.1a

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

A Town Called Shanty [Early Alpha] v.0.0.1a

#1 Post by LizardRobot »

Hello you lovely person, you! I hope you'll assist me in my current endeavor.

I am currently seeking feedback on my work in progress, A Town Called Shanty [main topic].

The demo right now is a super-early alpha, but I'm looking for feedback at this early stage to establish what's working well and what I should watch out for as I continue developing. In other words, to try and nip various problems in the bud. It's quite short right now, and it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to do a playthrough, depending on how fast you read and what path you take.

I have a totally anonymous feedback survey. You are also 100% totally welcome to post any issues or feedback right here in the thread!

You can read more about the demo here. (Including troubleshooting for the most commonly-encountered issues.)

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • The game is sized at 1080x1920. If your screen resolution is smaller than this, do not use the game's fullscreen function. You will have to play in windowed mode. I am seeking a fix for this issue.
  • If you are on a Mac, you may need to go to Security Settings in order to run the game. You must be able to open apps from "Anywhere." It may give you an option to allow an exception for just the demo in your Security settings. Also, there may be an issue running the game on Yosemite; I am presently investigating.
  • Many of the character sprites have a faint white halo on dark backgrounds. I forgot to turn off a reference layer I was using in Photoshop. This will 100% be fixed in the next demo release.
  • Due to TyranoBuilder requiring additional scripting work to move on-screen characters, and because characters are currently static and the sprites are all unfinished and temporary, there are some less than ideal placements of characters in various scenes, and characters do not move or emote as they will in the finished game. This situation is temporary while I hash out the story progression and will be dealt with in a future release.
Attachments
ATCS_-_Alpha_Demo_ver._0.0.1a_-_MAC.zip
ATCS v.0.0.1a - MAC
(54.64 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
ATCS_-_Alpha_Demo_ver._0.0.1a_-_WIN.zip
ATCS v.0.0.1a - WINDOWS
(51.15 MiB) Downloaded 43 times

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

Re: A Town Called Shanty [Early Alpha] v.0.0.1a

#2 Post by LizardRobot »

Have tested and confirmed a fix for the resolution errors some people were experiencing, and it will be live in the next demo release, 0.0.1b. Stay tuned!