Exit/Corners is looking for testers! [Mystery] [Puzzle]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Percon
Regular

Exit/Corners is looking for testers! [Mystery] [Puzzle]

#1 Post by Percon »

Hi there! Exit/Corners, a mystery VN and puzzle game, is in finally in Alpha!

I've been working on this project for way too long and I'm happy to report that I'm pretty close to release. I'm looking for some Alpha Testers to help me with the following:
  • Find bugs. I've coded almost everything myself (using the Unity engine) and the game is pretty much held together with spit and glue. I'd like nothing more than to squash all major bugs!
  • Test on older machines. Related to the point above, I have a feeling this game might not run well on lower-end machines. I'm hoping to identify and solve most performance issues before launch.
  • Catch any last-minute typos. I'm still changing bits of the script here and there and I'm sure some errors have slipped through the cracks.
  • Provide general feedback. I'm at the point of no return for a few things, but I'm still interested in making Exit/Corners the best that it can be. Is the second puzzle too tough? Did Aether say something out-of-character? Let me know!
  • Keep secrets! I don't have any great way to enforce this but please don't share alpha links or spoil the game for anyone else when it launches proper.
Unfortunately, I can't offer monetary compensation for testing, but I can offer my eternal gratitude (and credit you as a tester!).

A little bit about Exit/Corners:
  • Exit/Corners an ontological mystery, similar to 999 or Saw. Five strangers find themselves trapped in a heavily-rigged hotel with only 24 hours to escape!
  • The characters will need your help to solve a multitude of puzzles in order to escape. The puzzles skew more towards riddles than standard logic puzzles.
  • Exit/Corners is broken up into episodes, each of which are between 10 and 30 minutes in length and contain 1 puzzle.
  • The game runs in-browser using WebGL. It'll be completely free-to-play on as many trusted web portals as I can muster.
  • The initial launch of the game will roll out 17 episodes at a rate of 1 episode/week. (Testers will get to play all 17 episodes right away!)
  • There's no WIP thread, at least for now. Unless this thread gets zero volunteers, I don't think I'll be making a proper thread until launch.
Please post here or PM me if you'd like a link to the Alpha. Thanks!

Screenshots:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Exit/Corners is looking for testers! [Mystery] [Puzzle]

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

How large is the download?
I need a break from making stuff and this seems interesting.

I'vel got you covered for low end PCs, with a 1.44Ghz Intel ATOM based laptop with no GPU to speak of.
If that's too crappy, I also have a n AM3 Phenom II x4 955 black edition. Currently sitting at 3.72Ghz, I can always underclock it and rip out some RAM
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Percon
Regular

#3 Post by Percon »

Imperf3kt wrote:How large is the download?
I need a break from making stuff and this seems interesting.
Exit/Corners is about 72 MB right now. I'm trying to crunch it lower (it's a browser game and all), though my goal of 50MB or less is looking unlikely.
Imperf3kt wrote:I'vel got you covered for low end PCs, with a 1.44Ghz Intel ATOM based laptop with no GPU to speak of.
If that's too crappy, I also have a n AM3 Phenom II x4 955 black edition. Currently sitting at 3.72Ghz, I can always underclock it and rip out some RAM
Oh, geez, I'm interested to see how it runs on that laptop...

The game doesn't have massive assets or anything, but it's not especially well-coded, either.

Anyway, I'll PM you a link to the game!

That Oyajicon
Regular

#4 Post by That Oyajicon »

I'd love to try alpha testing it! My laptop's fairly mid-range (i7, GTX960M), but I'd love to give feedback on character writing, typos and puzzle difficulty!

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#5 Post by Imperf3kt »

Crap, forgot about this!

Will get back to you within a day or so after playtesting.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Percon
Regular

#6 Post by Percon »

For those with a link to the game, a new build was uploaded on Monday, which might cause some weirdness if you were playing both before and after Monday (different sessions). If there's problem, let me know, and I'll help fix or troubleshoot.