Sugawara Chronicle![Drama][Slice of Life][Comedy][Supernatural][Free Demo]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Sarchalen
Regular
Projects: Sugawara Chronicle

Sugawara Chronicle![Drama][Slice of Life][Comedy][Supernatural][Free Demo]

#1 Post by Sarchalen »

BxG/BxB | Slice of life| Drama| Comedy | Supernatural

The demo is now available! Click here to Download for PC and Mac!
Come say hi to the team! Join us on Discord! to learn about the game, participate in active discussion, and be the first to get updates!
We're looking for playtesters! Come chat with us on discord to find out how you can be a part of making our game awesome!
Sugawara Chronicle is currently under development! Play the early access today and see the game as it develops! Help us out by sharing our page and inviting all your friends to check us out! We plan for all routes to be completed in spring of 2018. The game is being updated regularly and all aspects are subject to change.

About:
Hiroya Tachibana doesn't need anyone's help. At least that's what he told himself on the night his father threw him out. Day by day he goes to school, keeping his head down to draw as little attention as possible. But between a vicious rivalry with the private school across town, a friend who can't go one day without getting in trouble, and a strange rumor surrounding a mysterious transfer student, Hiroya finds it impossible not to get distracted, while his own life crumbles around him. Will he make his own way and become a champion of his school? Will he delve into the lives of his classmates? Forge new relationships? Or will he spend his senior year sleeping under the old bridge that divides the town? It's up to you to decide.

Sugawara Chronicle is an anime inspired choice-based VN which splits into two distinct paths early in the game. One route will have you team up with a group of club leaders on a mission to save you school the villainous private academy and their student body president. The other route will take you into the daily life of a girl who can't help but get involved in some mischief wherever she goes. The two stories, while played independently, are highly connected, and the game is designed to be played many times over, each time showing you a different perspective of the world and the characters in it. Only by playing both routes will you have the opportunity to discover the secrets hidden within the everyday people around you.

Features:
80,000+ words across 3 main story arcs, with over 50 choice events that will affect the following chapters.
7 major characters with multiple poses, outfits etc.
30+full color CGs in beautiful 4k Ultra HD resolution! (1080 and 720 versions will also be available)
20+ full color backgrounds.
80 minute instrumental soundtrack.
Unlockable Extras!
Fully Voiced

Release for Mac, Windows, Linux planned early 2018. iOS and Android devices a little later.

The Cast:

Screenshots:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Progress:
Script: 20%
Sprites: 60%
Backgrounds:8
CG's: 3
Soundtrack: 6 songs
GUI: Functional
Voiceovers: 0%
Playtime: About 30 minutes

About the team
:

We are Sarchalen Visual Media, a discord based group of writers, artists, composers, voice actors, programmers, and producers from all over the world who have come together with an awesome vision to produce some really cool VNs for you guys. Our debut game Sugawara Chronicle started out as a college project in the spring of 2017 as a script being passed around a google doc. Half a year later we've brought on hand-picked artists to draw our anime inspired characters and graphics. Each one of us is devoted to being the best we can be and to bring our talents forward to make an awesome game for you guys! We are:

Writers:
Monochrome, Tutty_The_Fruity, Shake-n'-bake

Artists:
Kurisu-kun & Erezu-kun

UI Design:
ds.sans

Music:
Alyx

Programmer/Producer:

Kevin Bomer

The playable demo is now released! Click the link at the top to get it for Windows! (Mac and Linux coming soon)

Questions:
1. What do you think of the story concept? Does it interest you?

2. What about the characters? Which ones are your favorite designs? Which are you most interested in?

3. What do you think of the art style? The backgrounds?

4. In a story-driven game like this, what kinds of interactions do you look forward to seeing the most?

5. We're launching a kickstarter for the project with the full game starting at $10. Does this seem like a reasonable price to you?

Thank you for your feedback! We're so much looking forward to what you guys have to say about Sugawara Chronicle. We hope to make this VN absolutely awesome and I hope you guys will love it!
Last edited by Sarchalen on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

Azura
Regular
Completed: Astrum Dare
Projects: Chromatose
Soundcloud: azuranyan

Re: Sugawara Chronicle! [BxG][Slice of Life][Romance][Comedy][Supernatural][Demo]

#2 Post by Azura »

It looks like your download link is broken; it leads to an error 404. Once you've gotten that fixed, I'd love to give the demo a try! ♥

Sarchalen
Regular
Projects: Sugawara Chronicle

Re: Sugawara Chronicle![Drama][Slice of Life][Comedy][Supernatural][Free Demo]

#3 Post by Sarchalen »

Thank you! We've updated the link.

Angie
Regular

Re: Sugawara Chronicle![Drama][Slice of Life][Comedy][Supernatural][Free Demo]

#4 Post by Angie »

Hello!
I had a chance to play through the demo, and I have a few comments:
- main menu boxes and save states looked small to me, especially main menu boxes looked like they could be bigger
- textbox looks a bit off being in the middle of the screen (either change resolution or make textbox longer)
- I noticed two terms being used - student body/student council. It confused me, really - are they supposed to be the same thing? Also "student body" still sounds off to me, and if it's the same thing I would keep to just using student council
- when game asks you if you want to load the game, you get a white transparent box in the left upper corner...?

I also noticed little bugs like, lack of dot at the end of the sentence or, sentence like <...try to fix"> where there is only one <">

Now, to the questions (it includes spoilers, for any readers who havent played it yet!):

1. I'm not sure how it develops, but MC surviving on his own sounds a bit unrealistic. Unless he gets help from either Akari or Suzuki, him just living under the bridge sounds ever so unrealistic to me. But, so far story seems really interesting. Beginning is well written, as I have couple of questions that keep being unanswered and I hope they will stay like this until the finale of the story. Choosing between dinner and meeting with the baseball guy and sudden confrontation was a bit off, but nothing too much. Generally, I enjoyed the story and it interested me.

2. Characters... MC is a bit, well, soulless, but I don't blame you for that. It often is a need in VNs.Suzuki annoyed the hell outta me, but I feel it was his job to do so. My favorite character was MIyu - she seemed really lovely, and sweet and have passion she believes in despite others doubting it. Akari was extra lively and it is surely interesting characteristic. I just wished there would be some minimal animations for her to show her energy.

3. I really enjoyed the backgrounds. They were simple but nice, looked really pretty. As for character art, well... I would say for me was a bit "too cute", as I prefer more mature-looking art but it still was really beautiful, and well, teenagers looked like teenagers, so I'm happy.

4. How choices change the storyline. And I enjoy if they are not so obvious. I like it when simple choice at the beginning, that seems not important at all will make a huge change in the final outcome of the game. I like it when it's not obvious where the choice will lead you in the story. Also, I enjoy high replay value; when even if you replay the game, going through different route allows you to learn new things or it makes the ending much different.

5. It's a bit hard to tell, to be fair. But since you have planned quite a long story, professional art and music, plan to voice this - I think 10-15 $ is very reasonable.
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder