Magical Disarray [Adventure/Fantasy] [B/G/NB] - WIP - Demo 1.0 Version 2 Released - New Changes Based on Beta Feedback

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Ibitz
Regular
Projects: Magical Disarray (WIP)
Organization: Ibitz Visual Novels
Deviantart: http://ibitz.deviant
itch: ibitz

Magical Disarray [Adventure/Fantasy] [B/G/NB] - WIP - Demo 1.0 Version 2 Released - New Changes Based on Beta Feedback

#1 Post by Ibitz »

Summary:

It's been 30 years since the last war ended. The people of the world are slowly trying to recover from its devastating effects, but signs of another war are beginning to show themselves. Strange occurrences have been happening throughout the different layers of the world; creatures are running wild and chaos seems to be spreading everywhere. Is it possible that the previous threat to the world has returned?

While all of this goes on, you live a quiet life in the Starkwood Forest; completely unaware of what's going on outside of your little patch of Forest. You're about to celebrate your 18th birthday with your parents, when a loud bang upon the door interrupts your party.

You soon find yourself on the run, fighting for survival. Discover secrets about your past as you travel the world and come to terms with your role in the upcoming war. Will you be able to help put a stop to the magical disarray that continuously throws the world into war or will you become just another victim?

Content Warning:

This Visual Novel contains content that might not be suitable for some people:
Coarse language, Depictions of Violence, Blood, Depression, Abuse, Suicide, Death, Illness, Disability, Sexuality, and other real life situations.

Choose the Name and Gender of the Main Character (Male/Female/Neutral)

Choose from 4 Different Story Routes. Each route has its own unique cast and enemies.

13 Different Allies to Romance or Befriend

Unlockable Profiles for Each Character

104 CGs Total Between Every Route and Character (When Full Game Is Complete)

Map that Updates Based On Your Location In Game

Clickable Encyclopedia Entries

Hidden Easter Eggs

Health Bar (Must Keep Healthy or You Will Die. When Full Game Is Complete)

28 Attainable Achievements (When Full Game Is Complete)

6 Good and 6 Bad Endings for Each Route (When Full Game Is Complete)

* CHARACTER ART SUBJECT TO CHANGE AFTER GAME DEMOS ARE DONE *

Underground Cast:
Kaiden- Age 206 - Incubus Demon- Acts as the main guard for the MC.
Zander- Age 140 - Dragon - Mercenary who feels like it's his job to protect the innocent (A.K.A The MC).
Salem- Age 73 - Vampire - Lone Wolf Assassin trying to save the world. They only protect you because it'll save the world.
Whisper- Age??? - Spider Demon - In charge of wrangling spider demons in the Underground.

Forest Cast:
Felix & Fernie- Age 90/15 - Wolf Demon/Wolf- Guardians of the forest, thus it's their job to defend you.
Bennet- Age 28 - Human - Demon Hunter working for the DHA. In charge of protecting civilization from demons/magical creatures.
Sylphy- Age 28 - Water Nymph - An innocent nymph caught up in your fight. Chooses to defend you cause you're her new "friend".

Fields Cast:
Dante- Age 23 - Human - A necromancer who travels the fields to ward off the undead. Hates traveling alone, so he comes with you.
Onyx- Age 122 - Deva - The right-hand man of the King of the Surface World. A Family friend who decides to protect you.
Iris- Age 17 - Fairy - Spoiled brat who ran away from home and commands you to protect her while she travels.

Mountains Cast:
Kyo- Age 18 - Halfbreed- Rebellious and harsh teen who wants to see the world.
Ryo- Age 18 - Halfbreed- Unlike his twin brother, Ryo is a nice kid who just wants the world to be peaceful.
Ebony- Age 138 - Royal Vampire - Cold and Sarcastic, Ebony struggles to find something to live for. She guards the MC in order to protect the world.

Each Character comes with a variety of different poses and evolutions.

- Plot: 100%
- Script: 100%
- Character Sprites: 100%
- Programming: 30% (1 of 3 Demos Done. Each demo is 2 chapters of the game.)
- Backgrounds : 100%
- Songs & Sound Effects: 100%
- GUI: 100%

UPDATE #1- 10/29/2017- Game Demo #1, V1.0, Released!

Download Demo 1.0 Version 2 through Itch.io:
HERE

Questions for You:

1.) What made you decide to check out my Visual Novel?

2.) Who is(are) your favorite character(s) and why?

3.) Who is(are) your least favorite character(s) and why?

4.) What did you like least and most about this Visual Novel?

5.) Is there anything you think could be improved? Anything that should be removed? Anything I need to add to this Visual Novel?

If you have any critiques, advice, or questions, feel free to message me at: liztehgamer@gmail.com
Ibitz is a self-taught coder/artist who works alone on their games. Game creation may be slow, since my job as a baker takes up a lot of time, but all games I create will be completed. All games I create are freeware, meaning I will never charge you to play them. If you need any help with coding or creating your game, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.
Last edited by Ibitz on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:55 am, edited 8 times in total.

Ibitz is a self-taught coder/artist who works alone on their games. All games I create are freeware. If you need any help with coding or creating your game, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.

Ibitz
Regular

Re: Magical Disarray [Adventure/Fantasy/Friendship/Romance] [B/G/NBxG/B/NB] - WIP - Demo 1.0 Released

#2 Post by Ibitz »

Updates: As of 11/10/2017
I've begun working on the beginning of Demo #2.
Received an awesome amount of critique. Using it to fix issues with my demo. Updating the GUI to make it easier to read. Working on some basic story issues.

Also, a friend of mine has begun a Let's Play for my demo! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_xkenjCYk

Ibitz is a self-taught coder/artist who works alone on their games. All games I create are freeware. If you need any help with coding or creating your game, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.

Ibitz
Regular

Re: Magical Disarray [Adventure/Fantasy] [B/G/NB] - WIP - Demo 1.0 Version 2 Released - New Changes Based on Beta Feedba

#3 Post by Ibitz »

I am still slowly working on Demo #2.

I have re-released a second version of the demo (Demo 1.0 Version 2) with changes based off of the feedback I have received from BETA testers.

Thanks to the feedback of many amazing BETA testers, I have incorporated changes to my existing demo and have added them in order to make the game even better:

*A history menu was added, for those who needed one or missed dialogue

*Rollback feature was edited to allow people to go back and change their mind, if they wanted to.

*I incorporated more "emotion" into the character, when it comes to the death of her parents and loss of her home, so it's more believable.

*Added more action and choices in the Underground and Mountain routes so the MC doesn't seem like so much of a damsel in distress.

*Darkened the UI/Textbox to make it easier for people to read

*Removed unnecessary laughter tracks or pauses in the dialogue

*Fixed a few overlapping avatars and a few routes that bugged out

DOWNLOAD THE NEW DEMO HERE
https://ibitz.itch.io/magical-disarray-
I would like to give a shoutout/thanks to these people who BETA tested my game and/or left feedback: Dogsmilez, Yunni Goder of Delusional Inc.com (check out her awesome Otome game that she just released for Iphone), Sora Album, HolyMolyCrowley, PlK_Lesiak, and [PWLG] Gizmo.

HolyMolyCrowley has made my first piece of fanart for my game. Check it out! :)

https://holymolycrowley.deviantart.com/ ... -719500053

Ibitz
Regular

Re: Magical Disarray [Adventure/Fantasy] [B/G/NB] - WIP - Demo 1.0 Version 2 Released - New Changes Based on Beta Feedba

#4 Post by Ibitz »

Super nervous! Someone is live streaming my game right now:
https://www.twitch.tv/neftato

Ibitz
Regular

#5 Post by Ibitz »

Demo 2 is STILL being worked on.

Currently, the progress is slow because I am re-doing my artwork. My father-in-law gifted me Photoshop and I have been smoothing out the details to ensure all of my art looks prettier and more professional.

I am also going through the first demo and making changes as well as ensuring that all feedback about my game has been taken into consideration in order to ensure better gameplay.

Also, Yay! More Fanart! :D