Snowdrop [GxB] Demo -UPDATED LINK

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Day 366: The Prologue
Projects: Secrets Untold, Snowdrop
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Snowdrop [GxB] Demo -UPDATED LINK

#1 Post by LegendEx » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Download the demo here.

When a 22 year old college graduate, Lilah Scott, decides to become a full time filmmaker, she is disappointed by the lack of support her first movie receives. Hoping to get out of her slump and find some inspiration, she accepts the offer to work at her sister in law, Anjali’s, hotel in the beautiful mountain town of Riversone for the winter. The isolation in the snowy mountains is bound to help her inspiration…right?

What Lilah doesn’t account for is the pesky guest, Archer Lane (world famous singer), who decides to rent out the entire Red Turtleneck Inn for the month. Its humble atmosphere and location is the perfect place for him to hide for the holidays and get some song writing done. Except, he’s a lot more high maintenance than he lets on and Lilah isn’t having it. What could possibly go wrong?

Snowdrop is a winter themed english otome game with a single route and multiple endings.

The demo features:

Partial Voice Acting (Archer is fully voiced!)
Multiple Choices
Calming music and stunning art
3 unique characters with custom sprite art
Female Protagonist

Sprite Art by Antares25
Programming by Haruka Nami
Voice Acting by Sean Rogers

****A full list of credits (including backgrounds, music tracks and other individual assets) comes packed with the game files. Please check it out!***

Enjoy the demo and let me know what you think. All feedback is appreciated immensely!
Last edited by LegendEx on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Snowdrop [Winter Themed GxB] Demo

#2 Post by LegendEx » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Oops, looks like I put the wrong link as the download. I copied the html code from my other thread so that I could format it correctly and forgot to change the link!

It's updated now, so sorry about that >_<

Mutive
Regular

Re: Snowdrop [GxB] Demo -UPDATED LINK

#3 Post by Mutive » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 am

This seemed very polished to me! Good job! :)

If I had a significant critique, it would be that Archer seems to sometimes turn up a bit too conveniently. (But I suppose that's almost required?)

LegendEx
Regular

#4 Post by LegendEx » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Mutive wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 am
This seemed very polished to me! Good job! :)

If I had a significant critique, it would be that Archer seems to sometimes turn up a bit too conveniently. (But I suppose that's almost required?)
Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it! ^·^

Cindigo
Projects: Lalia Academy
Organization: LatgolAI

#5 Post by Cindigo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 am

Where do I even start...

First of all, that huge empty name cube during narration/thoughts of the lead is very poor design choice. I checked 19 games I had at my disposal and only one showed background for name tag at all times and even then it was very unnoticeable. Should prove the point.

The big light blue Say background doesn't fit well with most of the backgrounds and the fact its decorative elements are being cut off by the game window shows something, I just can't pinpoint what...nothing good for sure.

Time/work saving plot conveniences at their best I guess :) Well, that's a general trend everywhere I guess.

There is this thing called immersion and when I heard that Archer is wearing high heal shoes and has a feminine gait I was shocked to the depths of my heart. He could have more secrets than I expected.

That actually ends it!
You probably have hard feelings towards me now but:
Overall style and quality of this game are great. It's actually pleasant to look at. The story is very well written and I can't think of anything to pick at.
I LOVE how You broke the 4th wall. It adds to the character of the game. I hope that was intentionally. Hope it's not going to turn out to be a prophecy of some sorts...
I like the characters as well. The protag is a bit too tsun (I don't even know how should I say that in English :( ), but that makes her so great and human like. I can relate to the NDA feeling she had so well, I've felt close to that every time when had to sign one with Google or Gameforge or anyone else who could crush me like a bug.
Overall, a great game!

LegendEx
Regular

#6 Post by LegendEx » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Hey Cindigo! Thanks for the review!

That's a good point about the textbox, I'll look into having the name box removed when there is no character speaking. As for the "Say" background, not quite sure what you're referring to, sorry! Do you mean the actual textbox and the buttons below it?

I can assure you Archer's "secret" is not wearing high heels ;)

thanks so much for the compliments! It is very encouraging for the team and I because this is some members first release. We're aware that things need to be worked on so the feedback is greatly appreciated!

Let's hope there's no prophecy...I hope this game does well! If it's fun for a few people who take the time to play it, I'm very happy. Thanks again!