Snowdrop [GxB] Demo [New and Improved 8/27/2018]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Snowdrop [GxB] Demo [New and Improved 8/27/2018]

#1 Post by LegendEx »

Snowdrop is a Christmas themed otome visual novel with one romance-able character and multiple endings.

Genre: Slice of Life, Drama, Romance
Word Count: Estimated 40,000 to 50,000 words at completion
Snowdrops are the first flowers of the year to bloom. Their blossoming signifies the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Heat radiates from the snowdrop itself allowing the flower to melt the snow around it. Despite the harsh odds stacked against it, the snowdrop is able to flourish by creating an environment that it can thrive in. It is for this reason that the snowdrop is a symbol of hope. The dark times will end and, in their place, unmistakable warmth.

The memory of Lilah’s older brother plagues her and her mother during the Holiday season much more than any other time of the year. To escape the painful memories and growing silence, Lilah decides to work at her sister-in-law’s Inn for a few months. What she finds is certainly a distraction, but definitely not what she was expecting. World famous singer and Pop Star of the Year, Archer Lane, decides to rent out the entire Red Turtleneck Inn for the month. Its humble atmosphere and location is the perfect place for him to hide for the holidays and get some song writing done. Or, so he thinks.

The two strong-minded individuals don’t really account for each other in their plans, and instantly butt heads. When they’re forced to face what truly matters to them, will it bring them together or pull them further apart? Can these two seemingly lost individuals find a way to last the entire month and come out in one piece?

Version 1 of the demo includes:
Partial voice acting (Archer is fully voiced!)
Multiple choices
Calming music and stunning art
Custom GUI
Christmas Music including an original composition by Archer's VA
3 unique characters with custom sprite art
A strong willed female protagonist

Project Head/Writer: LegendEx Games
GUI Artist: Valhalla
Logo Artist: Assiduendo
Sprite Artist: Antares25
Programming: Marionette and Haruka Nami
Archer’s Voice: Sean Rogers
Anjali’s Voice: Katie Otten
Lilah’s Voice: Amber Barille
Train Conductor’s Voice: Feltheleb
Old Woman’s Voice: Rebekah Amber Clark
The full version of Snowdrop is slated for a December/holiday release :D But, try out the demo right here!

(Backgrounds in the screenshots above were made by hemohemo and Kimagure After respectively)
Last edited by LegendEx on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay

Re: Snowdrop [Winter Themed GxB] Demo

#2 Post by LegendEx »

Oops, looks like I put the wrong link as the download. I copied the html code from my other thread so that I could format it correctly and forgot to change the link!

It's updated now, so sorry about that >_<

Mutive
Veteran
Completed: Eidolon, Minion!, Love Furever, Epilogue

Re: Snowdrop [GxB] Demo -UPDATED LINK

#3 Post by Mutive »

This seemed very polished to me! Good job! :)

If I had a significant critique, it would be that Archer seems to sometimes turn up a bit too conveniently. (But I suppose that's almost required?)
Enjoy Eidolon, my free to play game at: https://mutive.itch.io/eidolon, Minion! at: https://mutive.itch.io/minion or Epilogue at: https://mutive.itch.io/epilogue

LegendEx
Regular

#4 Post by LegendEx »

Mutive wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 am This seemed very polished to me! Good job! :)

If I had a significant critique, it would be that Archer seems to sometimes turn up a bit too conveniently. (But I suppose that's almost required?)
Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it! ^·^

Cindigo
Regular
Projects: Lalia Academy
Organization: LatgolAI
itch: latgolai

#5 Post by Cindigo »

Where do I even start...

First of all, that huge empty name cube during narration/thoughts of the lead is very poor design choice. I checked 19 games I had at my disposal and only one showed background for name tag at all times and even then it was very unnoticeable. Should prove the point.

The big light blue Say background doesn't fit well with most of the backgrounds and the fact its decorative elements are being cut off by the game window shows something, I just can't pinpoint what...nothing good for sure.

Time/work saving plot conveniences at their best I guess :) Well, that's a general trend everywhere I guess.

There is this thing called immersion and when I heard that Archer is wearing high heal shoes and has a feminine gait I was shocked to the depths of my heart. He could have more secrets than I expected.

That actually ends it!
You probably have hard feelings towards me now but:
Overall style and quality of this game are great. It's actually pleasant to look at. The story is very well written and I can't think of anything to pick at.
I LOVE how You broke the 4th wall. It adds to the character of the game. I hope that was intentionally. Hope it's not going to turn out to be a prophecy of some sorts...
I like the characters as well. The protag is a bit too tsun (I don't even know how should I say that in English :( ), but that makes her so great and human like. I can relate to the NDA feeling she had so well, I've felt close to that every time when had to sign one with Google or Gameforge or anyone else who could crush me like a bug.
Overall, a great game!

LegendEx
Regular

#6 Post by LegendEx »

Hey Cindigo! Thanks for the review!

That's a good point about the textbox, I'll look into having the name box removed when there is no character speaking. As for the "Say" background, not quite sure what you're referring to, sorry! Do you mean the actual textbox and the buttons below it?

I can assure you Archer's "secret" is not wearing high heels ;)

thanks so much for the compliments! It is very encouraging for the team and I because this is some members first release. We're aware that things need to be worked on so the feedback is greatly appreciated!

Let's hope there's no prophecy...I hope this game does well! If it's fun for a few people who take the time to play it, I'm very happy. Thanks again!

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by rayminator »

haven't tried it but it got me confused by the title there is already a game called snow drop from jastusa i think you should change the name to something else but that up to you to do so

great job though keep up the great work

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Snowdrop [GxB] Demo - Link Removed for Now *

#8 Post by LegendEx »

A new and improved version of Snowdrop's demo is finally available to download and play. The script is rewritten, Anjali and Lilah now have voices, there is a custom GUI and Archer Lane/Sean Rogers now sings a song in the game :D Please check it out!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Snowdrop [GxB] Demo [New and Improved 8/27/2018]

#9 Post by philip »

@LegendEx-

Played through the demo on my mac, and found it very enjoyable, (except for one character who was/is extremely obnoxious)!

The backgrounds and sprite art are very well done . . . I wanna see MORE!!! Can't wait for the story to be completed.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"