Your Royal Gayness Beta testing [LGBT+, humor, hybrid]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Your Royal Gayness Beta testing [LGBT+, humor, hybrid]

#1 Post by Aviala »

Most Royal Greetings! We're currently looking for beta testers for Your Royal Gayness, a fairytale parody game where you play as a gay prince. You can find more information about the game in our project thread
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=41468
and on our Kickstarter page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/my ... e-parody-g

All testers who submit feedback will receive a discount code that can be used to receive a discount on the game once we release it. We'll also send free copies of the game to testers who write the most useful feedback.
I'm sorry we are not able to pay you guys with money, but hopefully you'll enjoy testing our game anyway!

Requirements:
-Speed and availability. We'll only have a week for testing since our schedule is a bit tight and we need time to fix the issues reported by the testers before releasing the game. Testing will happen from 8th of January till 14th of January.
-Is able to write constructive feedback in English (more than just it was good/it was bad).
-Is over 13 years of age

Please send me a PM or email lizardhazardgames (at) gmail.com on the 7th of January at the latest if you're interested (replace (at) with @, I'm trying to evade spam bots :D). I'll send you the download link for the beta build via email or PM on the 8th of January at the latest. Please provide your feedback by 15th of January. If you have any questions you can ask them in this thread or email us.

Here are some questions you can think about while playing. We'll provide a feedback form for you to fill out when we send you the download link.

1. Do you understand what you need to do? Is there anything that's unclear?
2. What are your favourite things about the game?
3. What are your least favourite things about the game?
4. Is there anything that could be improved with a small/quick fix?
5. Bigger problems?
6. Is it engaging, fun and/or meaningful?
7. If you played the alpha demo, do you feel like the game has improved?
8. Can you spot any bugs or errors?

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

Re: Your Royal Gayness Beta testing [LGBT+, humor, hybrid]

#2 Post by YossarianIII »

Hey, just a quick question: what's the length of this VN, and how much of a time commitment do you expect testing to be?

Would be happy to help -- just want to make sure I'm able to fit it in!

Image Image

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#3 Post by Aviala »

Hello!

The expected length is going to be somewhere around 2-3 hours, but to be honest we're currently still implementing some of the story and other features so I can't say for sure. (I know, we're a bit tight on the old schedule... but we're gonna have the build finished by the 8th). Your reading and decision making speed is going to affect it a lot too.

However, it's okay to test the game just for 30-60 minutes (the first 7 ingame days, for example), just mention in the feedback form what day you stopped playing on. :) I'm not expecting all testers to finish the game.

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#4 Post by YossarianIII »

Great, thanks for clarifying! Just sent a PM.

Image Image