Passion High [BxG][Slice of Life][Drama][Comedy][Demo Available!]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
DiamondDust132
Organization: Team Requiem
itch: team-requiem

Passion High [BxG][Slice of Life][Drama][Comedy][Demo Available!]

#1 Post by DiamondDust132 »

Twitter|Discord Server

STORY

Passion High is a Slice of Life-style Visual Novel starring Teru Ikuta, a second year at Hiteozakura High School and an aspiring author. During his exploits in school, he runs into a variety of characters, including his brother Sora, best friend Makoto, and crush Fumi Kitase. Guide Teru through love, life and the trials of being a high school student. You'll run into many surprises and meet an abundance of interesting (and sometimes peculiar) people!

A project my sister and I are working on. As of right now, we have a pretty lengthy demo using third-party resources (all credited in the ReadMe file in case you're the curious sort). We're currently working on original sprites, music, etc that we hope to display in a later version. I, unfortunately, have no original sprites to show you guys at the moment, but I will edit the post once they do come. (My sister, the artist, is rather particular about her art and won't let me link any sketches :lol: )

CHARACTERS

Main Characters

Teru Ikuta
“Such a pain…”
The main protagonist and a second year attending Hiteozakura High School. Teru aspires to be an author. Pessimistic, bossy and short of patience, Teru often acts twice his age, much to the frustration of his peers. All of his confidence fizzles around women, however, and he isn’t very good at talking to them. His life irrevocably changes once a certain teacher signs him up for the Hiteozakura High Newspaper Club…

Makoto Shimazu
“Come on! Live a little!”
Teru’s childhood friend, next door neighbor and eternal rival. In contrast to Teru’s dour demeanor, Makoto can best be described as a ball of energy. She is quick to anger and quick to please. As a member of Hiteozakura High’s swim team, she is quite athletic. She also has a monster appetite and can eat what three fully grown men can without breaking a sweat. Unfortunately, her grades in school leave a lot to be desired, so she often begs Teru to help tutor her.

Fumi Kitase
“We’ll get the job done no matter the cost!”
A second year at Hiteozakura High School, president of the Hiteozakura High Newspaper Club and idol for the many adoring boys at her school. Fumi is kind to all and radiates a motherly aura, causing many to come to her in times of need. She has a major sweet tooth and an addiction to sweet rolls.

Aya Furano
“I-I...don’t know about this…”
A soft-spoken beauty, it is rare for Aya to utter more than a few words without retreating into silence. A third year at Hiteozakura High, she is the Newspaper Club’s photographer. While very good at her job, she lacks for confidence and doesn’t have many friends. She and Koji Yamada, the Newspaper Club’s reporter, share a rather strange but loving relationship.

Michiru Tanaka
“Get in my way and you’ll end up with some broken bones, kid.”
A first year at Hiteozakura High who’s looks and demeanor make her seem much older. She has a habit of acting like a delinquent, thus making her hard to approach. Behind this veil, however, is a caring older sister tasked with taking care of her large family. Michiru is the new girl in town and is thus carrying a secret not yet known to her new peers…

Mami Hikaru
“Perhaps you need a private lesson in humility.”
A writing teacher at Hiteozakura High and woman who seems to enjoy tormenting Teru, her self-proclaimed ‘favorite student.’ Addicted to instant noodles as much as she is educating, Hikaru-sensei is usually never seen with a package of noodles in one hand and a book in the other. As one of the few people Teru is confident showing his writing to, she helps to guide him in his dream of becoming a writer. She can be utterly terrifying at times due to her temper while also being as playful as a schoolgirl when humored.

Sora Ikuta
“What’s the big deal, Bro? Let’s just take it easy!”
A first year at Hiteozakura High and Teru Ikuta’s younger brother. The complete antithesis of his sibling, Sora is easygoing, rarely fretting over anything but the condition of his hair. He is very dependent on his older brother to steer him in the right direction, much to Teru’s frustration. Nevertheless, he is reliable in times of need and is a caring individual willing to do whatever it takes to ensure his friends and family are happy. Like Makoto, he enjoys shopping and shirking off his schoolwork.

Akira Hiroshi
“All you do is run that mouth of yours, Ikuta!”
The Vice-President of the Newspaper Club. The very definition of handsome, he is very popular at Hiteozakura High. Though a brilliant writer, Akira has a volatile temperament and takes an instant disliking to Teru in particular.

Koji “Speedy” Yamada
“This is sooooo boring!”
The overactive reporter for the Newspaper Club. Speedy, as he is nicknamed, has been referred to as ‘the human incarnation of sugar.’ He is always hyper, screaming and excited about even the most trivial of things. Though his status as reporter can come into question since he’s easily distracted from his job, his steadfast loyalty to the Newspaper Club has earned him Fumi’s approval. He has a tendency to cling to Aya better than her own shadow.

Side Characters

Tomoyuri Shouji
“Y-You again?! Interloper!”
The ‘President’ of the Fumi Kitase Fan Club, though he’s more of a dictator to his subjects. Swelling with both confidence and arrogance, he considers himself superior to the rest of Hiteozakura High’s student body and Fumi Kitase’s admirers, even going so far as to refer to himself as a god. He is an incredibly unpredictable and dangerous individual, one who has a habit of popping up at the worst possible times in Teru’s opinion.

Kairi Takeda
“Perhaps you all need another pop quiz to get your brains working.”
The infamous trigonometry teacher of Hiteozakura High. Takeda is renowned for both her beauty and the brutality in which she teaches her classes. She’ll hammer home her lectures... one way or the other. She has a peculiar relationship with the principal of Hiteozakura High, one that has led to many mysterious rumors...

Hideo Tanigawa
“Who is that roaming the halls?”
The iron-fisted Principal of Hiteozakura High. Tanigawa is loathed by most students due to his stern attitude and relentlessness when it comes to punishing rule breakers. Tanigawa takes his job very seriously and is a hard man to reason with.

Minoru Himura
"You certainly have odd company."
The President of the Drama Club, Minoru is a serious student with aspirations to be a famous singer.

FEATURES
  • 4 Girls To Romance! (incomplete as of version 2.0)
  • Heart-pounding choices to make!
  • Graphics made by yours truly! (GUI stuff, not sprites or art :( )
  • It's Free! (And always will be, though we do take donations and are planning on starting a Kickstarter!)

ITCH.IO PAGE (WITH DEMO)
Demo is for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
https://team-requiem.itch.io/passion-high

We'd appreciate any feedback whatsoever really. How you like the characters/routes and/or if anything is broken. We've gotten pretty decent reception so far, but what do you all think? Regardless, I hope anyone that tries it enjoys the game!
Last edited by DiamondDust132 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Passion High [BxG][Slice of Life][Drama][Comedy][Demo Available!]

#2 Post by Andredron »

I played in your project. Wat to you a couple of tips.
1) Where is the synopsis of your project?
Leaving aside scientific definitions, as to me the teapot in due time have explained meaning of a word so: the synopsis is a brief statement of the maintenance of the literary work, similar to what we all wrote at school. It is necessary for two purposes:
1) You can write a synopsis before you apply for a novel or story. In this case, you will have a plan of the work you are following.
2) You can write a synopsis and post factum, according to the already finished text. In any case, it will be needed to provide your work to the editorial office. Almost all publishers require today not only the text of the work (fully or several chapters), but also a synopsis to it.
It's the synopsis that sells the product, that is, your netlenku. Accordingly, its task is to interest the publisher.
Typical errors or how NOT to write a synopsis
1) Illiteracy, gross errors in the text, for example, a comma between the subject and the predicate, is the right path to the trash can.
2) Beauty of style and poetry. Many novice authors try to demonstrate their mastery of style and language in the synopsis. This is a typical mistake. Synopsis is written in a neutral literary language, in a journalistic style.
3) "Zavlekalochki" to "surprise" the editor. For example: "And what happened next, you'll learn by reading my novel!" Believe me, the editor has long lost the ability to be surprised, so just describe the event series.
4) Self-praise, for example: "My love affair" Vasya Pupkin's last love "was liked by my father, mother and Russian teacher" or "By publishing my book, you will earn millions". But it makes sense to indicate if your work, for example, was understood in a literary seminar and was highly appreciated by the master, or if you have awards in contests, prizes, etc.
5) Self-esteem, for example: "I'm not talented" or "This novel is worth nothing". Calculation of the author, of course, that he will be persuaded. Unfortunately, this is an unrealizable dream.
6) Description of their difficult economic situation, for example: "I have no money to pay a mortgage, so please publish my novel." Such requests only put the editor in an awkward position.
7) Humor in the synopsis. Write without jokes! The editor's sense of humor has long been atrophied.
8) "The author considers the publisher stupid." It is not recommended to mention the words exposition, climax, denouement, etc. in the synopsis. The editor himself will figure out where they are in your text.
9) Abstract instead of a synopsis. Typically, publishers write annotations to the books themselves, but I, for example, sent both an annotation and a synopsis to my novel. As a result, the publishing house used my own annotation with minor changes.
10) If you have a dialog or trilogy, you do not need to keep in mind that the editor imagines or remembers the content of the first part of the series. In the synopsis it is necessary to explain that it was in the first volumes. It is also necessary to indicate if you are writing a novel based on another work.

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Andredron »

Next, do not write negative (no music, images are not ready yet ...) you are advertising your work! You negatively kill the desire to see what kind of project you are writing ....
Well this is for the design of the text of your advertisement.
Now the project itself.
I liked the smooth animation of your buttons, and the idea is an unknown character .... - but there is no design in it.
1) The location of the buttons, you have the standard. You do not use onscripter in which trouble to make buttons without dancing with a tambourine? So take advantage of Renpy. Create a menu where it will be convenient to poke from the phone. Look at the short stories of Key studio as well as the novel Swan song. How is the figure used in the main menu used there? Do not miss the phone.
2) Standard settings - see the project of Uncle Mugen - the engine of the Dating Stimulator. Pay attention to how the style of the buttons is made there, and the position on the screen is minimal, and everyone catches your eye.
3) You use the animation of the falling leaves of the cherry blossom, but you have not tuned them - they are falling in a heap, and a bunch of
4) As an experienced user, it's inconvenient for me that there is no button to continue with you. And it's done quite simply. and you do not have to go into the save again, just launched the project with auto save.
5) You have not set up your splashscreen - the sense from it if there are no chips on which your project will be recognized. Add transformations, add movements

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Andredron »

Now the project itself. For example, I'm a Russian schoolboy (for the genre you write is focused on students of schools and institutions)
I do not know English well, because I learned German at school or I do not like this subject at all. What can I see in the project that will attract my attention? Change the background - well, Oh there were 2 sprite - excellent, and a bunch of text without end and edge - A HUGE MINUS, ME WANTS FOR 7 MINUTES AND FROM A SOLID TEXT STANDS.
How to fix it? In old training ripping - in interaction with the user was a description of a cool thing - click to continue the CTC. Take it into service. Next, you use a dialog box without background - in fact subtitles, so select them outliner, or do it in the project 私 は 今日 こ こ で 死 に ま す. (I port it to Renpy and translate it into Russian) There the image is highlighted on top and bottom of black stroke - because of what the effect is like in a movie theater. but it's up to you.
You moved the buttons upstairs - they are annoying, you can also prescribe what would be on hovering they disappeared-appeared. Style does not spoil when bloggers review your project - and this is not a frail advertisement.
Few movements, again lacks animations and transformations. In general, I hope that my little tips will help you)