Beating Hearts (Fantasy) (DEMO)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
TigerAlpaca
Regular

Re: Beating Hearts (Fantasy) (DEMO)

#16 Post by TigerAlpaca »

- bug fixes update -

- lauren's character costume has now been cropped
- lewis' character costume has now been cropped
- the cafe scene has a working background

- new bugs -
- victoria's thigh bug STILL hasn't been fixed - sorry ^^'
- there are tiny white dots around lewis' and lauren's costumes due to the fact I had to make them transparent
BeatingHearts-2.0-mac.zip
mac ver.
(55.8 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
BeatingHearts-2.0-pc.zip
pc ver.
(73.14 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#17 Post by TigerAlpaca »

- mini update -
- victoria's thigh bug has (theoretically) been fixed (this is not tested)
- working music has been added (again, this has not been tested)

what? i said it was mini. also, sorry about not being able to test this stuff.
BeatingHearts-2.0-pc.zip
(74.16 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
(56.82 MiB) Downloaded 45 times

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#18 Post by TigerAlpaca »

I've had an idea with this VN - you know the 'Butterfly Effect' (not the film, but the one which relates to the Chaos Theory)? I'm thinking about implementing it into BH as your choices can greatly affect the story. I've already got one of the assets required for it -

The asset will appear whenever you make an important choice which will affect the story later on. As an example,
when you refuse to meet Ruby, that's as an example of the Butterfly Effect as she takes offense and jumpscares you later.
Another idea was the '-insert character name here- liked/disliked your actions' which would alert the player to when they've caused a character a certain strong feeling. That would most likely depend on me being able to code in variables which would change the dialogue later on - do you think I'm being too ambitious?

Curtid21
Regular
Projects: "Destined" (Current Title)

#19 Post by Curtid21 »

TigerAlpaca wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 pm
- mini update -
now added -
- some hand-drawn characters have been implemented
- mini story corrections (typos)
- attempted bug fixes
- bugs from new update -
lewis and lauren will always appear in the middle of the screen due to their costume positioning on the canvas. this will be fixed soon!
victoria's thigh bug still hasn't been fixed
a background has potentially disappeared
BeatingHearts-2.0-pc.zip
Hey Tiger,

Just finished the new version here.
I like the changes made regarding Lewis. Creepiness factor is still present but wayyy down from before. He appears more often than before as well. I believe he's present in most scenes I've played this time, and I think that adds a feeling of centrality to your established world and plotline. One thing that confuses me is the relationship between the main character and Ella/Lewis.
You did a great job with the smooth intro of Lewis' sister, Harper. But I wish I had a small intro for who Ella was to the main as she speaks as a well-known friend. Especially so for Lewis who seemingly can't wait to get the main and himself alone.

Overall the writing has just gotten better and it's good to see you still making moves.
"Are you ready?"
Ready as I'll ever be.

kirkechan
Deviantart: Kirkechan

#20 Post by kirkechan »

1.The first character we meet seems so tiny compared to the guy that appears next...
2. The class background has really low quality. Maybe it does not irritate others during the game, but does irritate me.
3. Actually, character sprites are really good and adorable ;)
4. I would love to say something more about the gameplay, but an error stoped me.
Good luck!

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#21 Post by TigerAlpaca »

kirkechan wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 am 1.The first character we meet seems so tiny compared to the guy that appears next...
2. The class background has really low quality. Maybe it does not irritate others during the game, but does irritate me.
3. Actually, character sprites are really good and adorable ;)
4. I would love to say something more about the gameplay, but an error stoped me.
Good luck!
Thanks! Ella is meant to be tiny - I still haven't finished her spirit yet (bc I'm lazy). I'm hoping to make my own backgrounds at some point - those are just placeholders. I'm glad you like it so far though.

aegis
Projects: "Extra Life"
Discord: RNGeusEX#4378

#22 Post by aegis »

Hello I tried your project, I was curious to discover more about the story but no matter what paths I took, every time I encounter a renpy error. I sent you everything via private message.

Good continuation

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#23 Post by TigerAlpaca »

Unfortunately Beating Hearts release date of 25th December 2020 will have to most likely be pushed back. This game is currently postponed as I am short of time and I have many ends to still tie up. I will still occasionally work on this- but not very much. Thank you for sticking through this project though

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#24 Post by TigerAlpaca »

I'm changing the character costumes again btw so expect them to change again in the next update

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#25 Post by TigerAlpaca »

Also i know this has been dead for a while but that's because im working on rewriting the game! Which is taking longer than expected

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#26 Post by TigerAlpaca »

I will be making a new thread at some point for the new Beating Hearts game which will hopefully be called Aceitols: The Final Chapter. I'll link the new thread when I've made it

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#27 Post by TigerAlpaca »

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=56829 < this is the new game haha, I probably won't ever finish BH