Gehennam Game [Demo VN/Fantasy Dating Sim]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
alakeshwari
Tumblr: gehennamgame.tumblr.com

Gehennam Game [Demo VN/Fantasy Dating Sim]

#1 Post by alakeshwari »

My friends and I started making a visual novel/dating sim. It's the first time we've done something like this so our project definitely needs work and we're learning from scratch how to do this but we've gotten a good amount of interest so far so we're interested in continuing for sure.

Download for mac/pc from itchio - https://asifg.itch.io/gehennam

Feedback would be really appreciated - We rushed through making it so it definitely has general grammar/typo issues and we need to add a namebox and make the quick menu more accessible/not in such an awkward place, but also anything else we can do to improve would be a big help.

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

Re: Gehennam Game [Demo VN/Fantasy Dating Sim]

#2 Post by ParrotWatcher »

Would it be possible to get some more information about the game? Such as the genders of the protagonist and romances (plus character information), and some indication of the plot?

Thanks. :)
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

puubutt

#3 Post by puubutt »

I might have missed something, but playing as the Lotogh, are they supposed to mention Salam to be your human friend? If you play as a Lotogh you never meet her, yet the main character seems concerned about her, asking "How do they know about her" when in the playthrough they never met her. Might be a mistake on my part :^)

Overall I love the concept so much! The grammar and spelling is pretty good, and there doesnt seem to be any errors as far as i can tell, but I've only played 2 routes so far.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by philip »

@alakeshwari-

Downloaded and played through the demo couple of times. Artwork is very attractive and the story is interesting. I will look forward to the completion of the game. Very good job so far!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Curtid21
Regular
Projects: "Destined" (Current Title)

#5 Post by Curtid21 »

Will definitely play later. The artwork and design are alluring.
"Are you ready?"
Ready as I'll ever be.

Curtid21
Regular
Projects: "Destined" (Current Title)

#6 Post by Curtid21 »

Hey alakeshwari,

Just did a playthrough during breakfast. As I thought the artwork and design are inspiring. They really give you a feel of the story and plotline. Touching on that, the story is interesting as well. I played through the Lotogh route and within a few minutes I definitely got a sense of setting/world through the eyes of that character.

My only concern lies with the advancement of the storyline. I felt like there was too much description going on which slowed down the story. It almost reads like a regular novel, but I don't think so much description is needed when you have great visuals, context, and facial expressions.

Ex: The arrest with the General
When Marz hands me the letter and basically jets off before the General gets there, I could tell a lot about that as a reader. Unreliable, disloyal/loyal to himself, maybe cowardly. I don't necessarily need lines of background context for this when the main thing happening is my arrest.

But of course, good stuff overall. Thanks
"Are you ready?"
Ready as I'll ever be.