Pitch Black Serenade [Romance | Paranormal | Mystery] (Demo available)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
pastelciel
Regular
Projects: 【Pitch Black Serenade】
Organization: 97Circle
itch: 97circle

Pitch Black Serenade [Romance | Paranormal | Mystery] (Demo available)

#1 Post by pastelciel »

Pitch Black Serenade

------A non conventional romance game------

| Dev blog | Twitter | Patreon | Discord| Itch.io |

Pitch Black Serenade is a visual novel in which the player
needs to solve a paranormal mystery
and find the truth about the main character's past.

Genre: Coming-of-Age, Paranormal, Mystery, Romance, Mainly aimed at girls.
Couples: BoyxGirl, Bromance.
Rating: +12, for suggestive themes and gore.

>>>DOWNLOAD THE DEMO<<<

On itch.io: DOWNLOAD
Mirror: DOWNLOAD PC/LINUX VERSION
Mirror: DOWNLOAD MACOS VERSION

Demo features.

■ Chapter 1 full.
■ 3 hours of gameplay (35.000 words).
■ 2 secret game overs. Be careful not to die!
■ A mini game. Get one of Kairi's lost memories back!
■ 5 CGs.
■ Maps to explore (point and click).
■ Free time: decide how to spend your day.
■ Original sprite art for 11 characters.
■ One entire location of the story: Kujikawa.

Staff
Story, art, GUI and coding: Kuna.
Proofreaders: Gospel, NovelistEzhno.
Mini game programmer: Anton Strickland
Beta-testers: Livestraes, Gospel, Natsu, Khanachi, NovelistEzhno.
Additional Background Art "Light Pole": Jeron Samez
Made with Ren'py.

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS!
I'll appreciate if you decide to try out the demo! And I'd be glad to receive your feedback!
If you please answering, I'd like to read your thoughts! (*⌒o⌒)ノ

- What do you think of Kairi as a main character?
- In which order did you play: the Komines' invitation, Isahai's photo sticker, Teru's notes.
- How difficult was the food mini game?
- What do you expect from the rest of the story?
Last edited by pastelciel on Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
【Pitch Black Serenade】 demo is out! ⇒ [itch.io]

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Pitch Black Serenade [Romance | Paranormal | Mystery] (Demo available)

#2 Post by nerupuff »

Hi, there! Letting you know that I just downloaded the demo and I'm looking forward to trying it out! The art looks so lovely and the premise itself is intriguing. I'll be sure to leave my feedback here when I'm done with the demo. Best of luck!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

pastelciel
Regular

#3 Post by pastelciel »

nerupuff wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:35 am Hi, there! Letting you know that I just downloaded the demo and I'm looking forward to trying it out! The art looks so lovely and the premise itself is intriguing. I'll be sure to leave my feedback here when I'm done with the demo. Best of luck!
Thank you, nerupuff! :D
I'm glad you liked the presentation! I hope you'll enjoy the demo and can't wait for your feedback!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nerupuff
Veteran

#4 Post by nerupuff »

pastelciel wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:42 pm Thank you, nerupuff! :D
I'm glad you liked the presentation! I hope you'll enjoy the demo and can't wait for your feedback!
I finally got around to finishing the VN demo! It took such a long time because I made sure to get all of the choices, and understand all the mechanics in this game. It was such a fun experience! It's great seeing all this beautiful art and fairly unique gameplay that I really can't find what's not to love. The choice system is very intriguing and I love how it all unfolds so nicely within the demo.

What do you think of Kairi as a main character?
> It's so strange! I really love his design and I'm honestly very surprised at how fast his character developed in this demo. I really thought he was such a sweet and lovable guy, but then the story progressed... It's a very pleasant change of pace, and it keeps me glued to the story. I want to discover more about his past and personality.

In which order did you play: the Komines' invitation, Isahai's photo sticker, Teru's notes.
> I did Komine's invitation first, because I wanted to leave a good impression, but it was quite shocking how it turned out! Then I followed Teru's notes, and lastly, Isahai's photo sticker. Everything really had a shock factor to it! Each scene really held good amount of information about the story. I made sure to mix and match the order after my first playthrough, and sure enough, I really like how it was told in this demo.

How difficult was the food mini game?
> As a food lover, it wasn't too hard. I actually enjoyed! Kairi's description of eating the food really made me hungry though!

What do you expect from the rest of the story?
> I think that there will really be a lot of mysteries just waiting to be solved. Who's the mysterious girl! I really feel like I have enough info from the demo to conclude her identity, but I have to wait for the full game! The demo ended on a perfect note to make me want the full game. Good job! I'll be looking forward to it! ^^

I really recommend for you to add a post to the Works In Progress subforum! I will really help to get more players to reach your game. ^^ I will also tell my friends to play it~
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

pastelciel
Regular

#5 Post by pastelciel »

Waah! Thank you so much for the thorough feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed going through all the different path combinations too!
That makes me so glad! And reading your answers helps a lot for the future development!
So thank you so much again, Neru! I hope you'll enjoy the full game too!
nerupuff wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 pm I really recommend for you to add a post to the Works In Progress subforum! I will really help to get more players to reach your game. ^^ I will also tell my friends to play it~
Oh, that's a nice suggestion! I'm going to prepare a post there too! Thank you so much for spreading the word! (^-^ )<3