Ariane's Assistant 2.0

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Musick
Regular
Completed: Ariane's Assistant Ariane Eldar's Rock Strip Quiz 1
Deviantart: SteampunkGorgon
itch: ritchierat

Ariane's Assistant 2.0

#1 Post by Musick »

I corrected all the mistakes I found and added some sounds. Anyway, before I finally upload it, someone might find time to test it. It contains a few NSFW moments (but nothing really gross or very graphic). The game is based on my comic "Theater Of The Bloody Tongue" that tells the adventure of a multiverse travelling witch called Ariane Eldar that has founded a theater group playing naughty burlesque and new grand guignot. The game isn't exactly a dating or trivia game, but a mixture of both.
Last edited by Musick on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

lymphae

Re: Ariane's Assistant 2.0

#2 Post by lymphae »

Hello! The link does not work! I think you have to get it on a download enabling site. You can either use mediafire or google disc to share the file, or any other site that will keep your file up for download.

Karl_C
Veteran

#3 Post by Karl_C »

Before you build distributions of a new release, you better change "config.version" in "options.rpy" to the new version number. Otherwise you'll run into problems when players complain that this and that doesn't work, but you don't know what version they are actually using... ;)

BTW: Dont forget "http://" when you post a link.

Musick
Regular

#4 Post by Musick »

Hello and thanks,
I forgot indeed to insert "http://". The zip should work now.
PS: I'll check the config.version; as I still have one or two questions left about configuarting. Is there any way to make the downlad smaller by omitting unnecessary parts that wont interfere with the game?

Karl_C
Veteran

#5 Post by Karl_C »

Musick wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 pm Is there any way to make the downlad smaller by omitting unnecessary parts that wont interfere with the game?
Yes, check 'build.classify' in the file 'options.rpy': Ren'Py Dokumentation: Building Distributions: Classifying and Ignoring Files. With this you could configure what files are not included in a build at all, what files are only included in an Android build, but not in a MS-Windows, Linux or OSX build (and vice versa), etc. etc.

If you would like to make your download even smaller, you may look at the WEBP Image File Type Support.

Musick
Regular

#6 Post by Musick »

Thank you, I checked. I changed the config. nr. but I still struggle a bit with the built.classify. I haven't worked much with Ren'py and it looks still quite complicated. Nevertheless, I updated to version 2.1.
Last edited by Musick on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Musick
Regular

#7 Post by Musick »

I think I got at least all errors, so I will upload the game officially and delete the testing links.