Test play Defenders of Adacan (CLOSED)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Test play Defenders of Adacan (CLOSED)

#1 Post by Per K Grok »

My game under construction, Defenders of Adacan, is now sufficiently ready for a test run.

There is a lot of polishing up to do, but it would be good for me to have some feed-back on things I might not notice myself.

It is a to be a free game and all I can offer is a mention in the credits.

If you want to give it a try it can be downloaded here.

http://grock.se/downloads/DefendersofAd ... 1.0-pc.zip

You want to give comments on some events in the game, it is good if you can include the number in the bottom left corner of the game screen. The number will help me to find where a problem could be in the code.

You can see the "works in progress" - thread here.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=52250

Comment can be given as message or to per@grock.se
Last edited by Per K Grok on Sat May 23, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matalla
Veteran
Completed: Max Power and the Egyptian Beetle Case, The Candidate, The Last Hope, El cajón del viejo escritorio, Clementina y la luna roja, Caught in Orbit, Dirty Business Ep 0, Medianoche de nuevo, The Lost Smile
itch: matalla-interactive

Re: Test play Defenders of Adacan

#2 Post by Matalla »

Do you have a schedule for this? Right now I can't do it because I'm in the final stages of my own project and I'll be too busy, but in a week or two I think I could do it.

Also, do you want to to be a normal playthrough, like one would normally play a game or do you want your testers to do nasty things to your game? I have a knack for breaking things doing weird stuff, but it would probably be something you wouldn't encounter in a normal use.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español (Discord)
Honest Critique

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer

#3 Post by Per K Grok »

Matalla wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:44 am Do you have a schedule for this? Right now I can't do it because I'm in the final stages of my own project and I'll be too busy, but in a week or two I think I could do it.

Also, do you want to to be a normal playthrough, like one would normally play a game or do you want your testers to do nasty things to your game? I have a knack for breaking things doing weird stuff, but it would probably be something you wouldn't encounter in a normal use.
No real schedule. A week or two is not a problem.
Normal play-through and playing experience is the basic. A bit of stress-testing is good too.
Thankful for any feedback :)

bonnie_641
Regular
Projects: Código C.O.C.I.N.A.
Deviantart: rubymoonlily

#4 Post by bonnie_641 »

I can't defeat the snake :C
I would be very grateful if you would give an instruction before confronting a boss (since you don't know what to do to face the snake).

The game is interesting and I like the animations. In a way, it reminds me of the old PC game Prince of Persia.
I speak and write in Spanish. I use an English-Spanish translator to express myself in this forum. If I make any mistakes, please forgive me.
I try my best to give an answer according to your question. :wink:

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Per K Grok »

bonnie_641 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm I can't defeat the snake :C
I would be very grateful if you would give an instruction before confronting a boss (since you don't know what to do to face the snake).

The game is interesting and I like the animations. In a way, it reminds me of the old PC game Prince of Persia.
Sorry. Did not notice your post until now. If you use the quote function the the person being quoted will have a notification (depending on settings for the account) which makes it easier to be aware of new posts in the thread.

It is a puzzle game so you are supposed to figure out what to do.
Hint. stay out of the marked up area on the middle of the floor. Don't try to fight the snake.

bonnie_641
Regular
Projects: Código C.O.C.I.N.A.
Deviantart: rubymoonlily

#6 Post by bonnie_641 »

Per K Grok wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:11 pm It is a puzzle game so you are supposed to figure out what to do.
Hint. stay out of the marked up area on the middle of the floor. Don't try to fight the snake.
Thank you :D
I'll try to finish the game and give a more objective opinion.
I speak and write in Spanish. I use an English-Spanish translator to express myself in this forum. If I make any mistakes, please forgive me.
I try my best to give an answer according to your question. :wink:

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Per K Grok »

bonnie_641 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:39 pm
Thank you :D
I'll try to finish the game and give a more objective opinion.
Thank YOU
and good luck.
:)