I'm a solo game developer who just published the demo for her first original project: Absolution: way of the lost.
It's a ren'py visual novel/psychological horror otome game that takes place in a mental hospital. You play as a psychologist, and your goal is to help four patients, each of which is dealing with a completely different mental illness. It's a pretty dark, serious game that concerns some mature and sensitive topics, but there's more light-hearted moments as well. There are six routes to choose from, and the final game will have six weeks of gameplay.
Check out the demo~ It's only the first week, but I'm working hard to make steady progress on the game, since I'm doing everything on my own (writing, coding, graphics, music, etc).
You can find the game on Itch.io and Gamejolt (itch.io updates are slightly quicker, though). There's an official walkthrough if you find yourself lost, and a discord server for those who've played/are interested in the game.
Your patients' illnesses:
- Dissociative identity disorder (commonly known as multiple personality disorder)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Six routes with unique storylines,
- Time management elements - plan your sessions with patients,
- Succeed as a psychologist - make the right choices while interacting with your patients,
- Friendships with your coworkers - three side characters, who each offers their own side story,
- Original soundtrack and custom user interface,
- Customize your character with a first name of your choice,
Reviews are greatly appreciated!