LoveSick Darlings 1.3 Demo Launch (Looking for Thoughts and Opinions!)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
BioLizard

LoveSick Darlings 1.3 Demo Launch (Looking for Thoughts and Opinions!)

#1 Post by BioLizard »

Hello everyone at LemmaSoft! I return.

Six months ago, you guys first saw my game "LoveSick Darlings" in its infant stages. And I am now back! With a brand spanking new demo!

You guys provided amazing feedback and insight last time, and I'd love to hear from all of you again! So here I am with the game's latest demo (version 1.3!). Except, this time it's available on two different services!

Itch.io (Windows, Linux, Mac):

https://biolizard.itch.io/lovesickdarlings

Steam: (Just windows. Other support coming soon):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151 ... _Darlings/

In case you aren't familiar with the game, here's some quick information on the demo!

LoveSick Darlings is a visual novel focused on developing and testing the limits of teenage relationships. It explores friendship, youth, love, and everything in between. The game plays with tropes and expectations found in romantic visual novels and dating sims by undercutting this often-romanticized period of everyone's lives with a realistic edge.

Syd, our protagonist, moved into a small town called Foster Hills at the start of this year. He’s become best friends with a girl called Maisy who lives on the same street as him – and by extension, her friends too. Over time he has become a natural part of this diverse group of friends. As the school year comes closer to its end, Syd’s friends start pressuring him into asking his crush out to the formal held at the end of the year. Will he be able to do it? How will his friendships hold up around him as he makes these big decisions towards the end of this high school year? And what if someone in his own group of friends sees him as more than... "just a friend"? It's up to you to make these hard decisions as Syd to decide the fate of him and all of his friends.

Demo includes:

- 6+ hours of gameplay per run, with another 3+ hours to explore alternate events

- Tons of player choice leading to highly-customized runs of the game

- Deep and realistic cast of characters

- Beautiful sprite art

- Gorgeous CG artwork

- Week and day system where YOU choose how you spend your limited free time!

- And so much more! Download it and experience it yourself!

And that about covers it!

I know I can't honestly say I'm a particular active user around here, but I've always respected the dedication and knowledge the people of these forums bring to discussion!

Also, if you liked the demo – or what you can see so far - please consider supporting this project's Kickstarter! Which is actually live right now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lo ... nsequences

Anything you can do would mean the world to me. I'd love to get this game fully funded.

Thanks so much for your time and for checking out this post! I hope you enjoy the demo if you give it a go!