Tidal Blossoms Demo [Romance] [BxG][Island-Themed]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
DollhouseRose
Regular
Completed: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Projects: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Organization: Delphinium Interactive
itch: tidalblossoms

Tidal Blossoms Demo [Romance] [BxG][Island-Themed]

#1 Post by DollhouseRose »

Hey there! I am super excited to share that Tidal Blossoms is now available on itch.io!
We have a trailer on YouTube for the demo that can give you a better idea what the game is like, it's attached to this post :D We also have a WIP page with a ton of information about the game, its story, characters, etc. If you play the demo, please let us know what you think about it on here, our WIP page, or on itch.io! Feedback is super helpful and will help us balance out the strengths and weaknesses in the game as we move forward with production. We've included a short intro regarding the storyline below...
promoartfinalsmaller.png
In the summer before his final year of undergrad, Damon moves away from campus with his roommate Jace. The town of Seaside is a popular tourist destination, and Jace’s hometown. Damon plans to work part-time and enjoy his first “real” summer, finally free of claustrophobic student-housing.

After Damon’s parents find out that he’s going through with the move, they cut off all financial assistance. His job search suddenly becomes about more than extra cash. Despite their demands to stay on campus and study during the summer, Damon craves freedom. Rent isn’t cheap in a beachfront cottage, and he needs to find a job quickly. With Jace’s help, Damon narrows down his options to three local spots…

In Tidal Blossoms, you take control of Damon’s choices. Spend your summer working at a bookstore, café, or surf shop! Get to know your co-worker, become good friends, and spend your summer vacation together as you grow closer.

renpic

Re: Tidal Blossoms Demo [Romance] [BxG][Island-Themed]

#2 Post by renpic »

I tried you demo, and I think the game is gonna be great!

Under Linux, as soon as I tried to switch to Fullscreen mode, I got this fatal error:

Code: Select all

While running game code:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.ico'.
I kinda worked around it by going into game/gui and copying the window_icon.png file into window_icon.ico, but maybe you can fix it before you release the next/full version of your game. :D

Cheers!

DollhouseRose
Regular
Completed: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Projects: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Organization: Delphinium Interactive
itch: tidalblossoms

#3 Post by DollhouseRose »

renpic wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:56 pm I tried you demo, and I think the game is gonna be great!

Under Linux, as soon as I tried to switch to Fullscreen mode, I got this fatal error:

Code: Select all

While running game code:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.ico'.
I kinda worked around it by going into game/gui and copying the window_icon.png file into window_icon.ico, but maybe you can fix it before you release the next/full version of your game. :D

Cheers!
Thank you for the info! I will get that fixed during our next update :)

On a quick side note, the demo only runs in windowed mode and does not have full screen available. The full version of the game will fix this issue and be available in HD.

Hope you're having a great day, thank you again. The help is appreciated!

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column
Projects: Ethereal Overflow
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#4 Post by SelLi »

Hi there! Here is an updated link to the demo! The one in the first post is broken but the game is still up! Here's the link:
https://tidalblossoms.itch.io/tidal-blossoms